Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

Becca, I almost died laughing about the "Yeah, Baby" Austin Powers comment, now I know what you are talking about! I want to go back and see those DVDs but Gina, now I am worried about you; I thought you were doing okay; don't worry; I think a lot of us hit rough patches. I know I have. By tomorrow you will feel better. I am so sorry you are going through this and glad you're taking the supps and listerning to the CDs. Blessings, everyone.

Adria

Comment

Day 1

Re: Day 3

Hey Becca, Marcie, discovery and Gina, and everyone else . . . end of a remarkable weekend, I didn't get drunk. I did have several glasses of wine, one Friday, two Saturday, one teeny one at a reception for a play earlier this evening. Most of today I have been buried in book and CDs, as they arrived yesterday afternoon. Went to sleep with sleep CD last night and will do so every night for the next--what did the book say--month? Thinking of you guys a LOT; checked into chat room last night but no one was around (snif). Tomorrow is Monday, and I've decided to try the abstinence route (at least I'll try until next weekend gets here). But I think during the week will be easy, now. Not drunk since last -- Wednesday? Thursday? Wow, this is amazing. And I've felt so happy and energetic all weekend!!! "Talk" to you all soon--
      Hugs
      Ter

Comment

Day 1

Holy smokes, Ter, KEEP IT UP!
        I'm right with you with the abstainance thing. My Everything depends on it.
        I'm still bruised from my blood draw.
        Why did I just say that?
        It's early, I guess!

I am going to call for my first ever counselling appointment this morning. I believe my husband is going to do the same. We have agreed that we are going to try to work it out. Had a good talk last night, kind of a breakthrough. See, he has all this resentment towards the drinking/me/addiction??? who?? what??? that's the thing. He has all this pent up crap and doesn't know what to do with it so it is impossible for him to move forward with me until he deals with the problems of the past and HIS feeling about me finally getting a "diagnosis". Now I understand him a bit better too. We both agreed, without knowing for sure, that probably if there is resentment and anger about an addiction problem, you should probably not take it out on the person with the addiction. Especially when they are just coming to terms with it (ie:me). They feel sh**ty enough about themselves. It's like "I know I'm crap right now, I get it, you don't have to keep telling me". It was a relief to get that out.
        So next step, I have a question for you guys. Do any of you know of a good support group (alanon, I know, but maybe something else) for spouses of people like us lovely people here???? Online would maybe be good.
        Thanks yet another million, everyone! Gina, Terry, Kim, Anyone, feel free to call anytime. I'm LOVING this support. It has made all the difference in the world.
        Gina, you OK? Start over with me, girl. Let's do it. Kim, you too.
        Tammie, howz that laundry going?
        I love you, man (that is a Bud Light reference, but drink ODoules instead)
        HAPPY SOBER MONDAY!!!!
        Becca

Comment

Day 1

Thank you for sharing all of this...it's wonderful to read.

Here's a directory of several online Al-Anon programs. Other sites are here and here. This one takes vistitors directly to a chat session. SoberRecovery.com also provides a wide range of fourms and is very active. I'm sure there are other programs, as well, but this should get you started.

Fantastic idea.

BTW, there are online AA meetings all over the world, too. You'll find a directory here.

Happy Monday and keep it up. You're *in* baby.

RJ

Comment

Day 1

Becca,
            Good to hear you and hubby are talking and discussing some next steps, etc. Some real positive signs. And you are sounding so much better already -- I sort of feel your excitement leaping off this board : ).

I think you are going to be surprised once you get everything going together (supps, topa, cds, exercise, etc), what a difference. Gotta tell you, my husband is still surprised at the 180 I've made. Anyway, I wish you the best. Your situation hit close to home for me as you know.

Gracie

Comment

Day 1

Thanks

Hi Becca,
              This is a great thread, thanks for sharing so much and everyone else too. Over the years, every time I have managed to become sober and stay that way for any length of time, someone close to me has convinced me to drink again. Like my husband who bought me a six-pack to take to a party as a 'reward' for not drinking for so long!! Or like my brother & his wife who invite me over for christmas dinner and insist I have some fabulous wine because I obviously don't have a drinking problem since I haven't had a drink in so long.. etc.. etc.. It always amazes me how quickly they become uncomfortable once I start to drink and they can see the mad sugar craving come over me.. the oooh I love this stuff.. gimmie more!! It's mad isn't it. Why am I different? Why does it effect me differently from them? I don't know. I've learned though that "self-control" is not enough.. when I have to deal with everyone elses expectations I need alotta help!!! It's like they're telling me to have another drink and pull myself together!!!
              It's completely NUTS!!
              Just hope I can get on the program soon. Thanks everyone for giving me hope.
              MFM

Comment

Day 1

hi, i'm new

just loged in this site , i have read a few of your stories they all sound so famelier, i never thought there was people like me out there,, I am dissapointed yet so releived to know that i am not alone,I want to hear all your stories, the more you know , the better Linda

Comment

Working...
                X