Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been here a ton lately

Re: new beginning

Please don't fear the side effects. If you experience them and they are too much you can always stop the meds. I experience almost none and many people here will tell you the same. I did have some tiredness, but that was about it. But, honestly that probably helped put me to sleep at night in the begining before I would normally start drinking.

Like I said, if the side effects are too much you can always stop. I was petrified too especially since I went offshore before going to the doc. Side effects + offshort. YIKES! I took the plunge and I am so glade I did. Never fear, MWO is here. dunt, dunt dunnnn. Sorry no music.

-Nina

Comment

New beginning

What strength topa do you take Nina? Maybe I'll start out real low . .

I also want to look at the Ask Dr. Garcia section which I have not done yet. And I imagine a lot of questions will be answered when I actually receive the book. In the meantime, I will be pretty well glued to the computer, especially between 7-8 pm tonight, which is my weakest time.
      Ter

Comment

Re: New beginning

Hey Too Much,

You can start the topa really low and titrate up very slowly. People generally start at 25 mg/day, and titrate up by 25 mg/day each week, but some people even start as low as 12.5/mg day depending on the side effects. I haven't had any difficult side effects either.

Also, if you really want to stop completely, you can try the Campral, although you have to be sober for several days before you start with Campral.

I'm so sorry about your loss. I can completely understand how your drinking would spiral out of control after your husband's death. I hope that you find our MWO group to be as supportive and kind as I have. Maybe we can fill a little of the space in your heart that has been hurting so much and help you begin to find your new life. I've sometimes been on the site 3 or 4 times a day, and it's been so helpful!

Post often! We're here for you!

Hugs!
        Kathy

Comment

Re: New beginning

Right now I am at 300 mg, but started out at 25mg. The only noticable thing for me was the tiredness and that was really only in the evenings. It passed after I got up to 300 mg regularly. It really helped, but like Kathy said, if you are really nervous try campral. I was petrified, so I understand. I was just so desperate to. I had to try it.

I have two girls 23 months and 4, I just couldn't be thier drunk mom anymore.

-Nina

Comment

Working...
          X