Not yet, but on my way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet, but on my way

Hi Tammie! Sorry I missed you in the chat room. Was telling my mother in law about this program! Don't think I am going to tell many others yet. I'll see how it goes. So you have to do the whole program to make it work? I'm willing to do that too. Hoping that this support from the posts, the book, the supplements, the exercise will break the spell!
    I know what you mean about "getting enough in you" while hubby and kids are out. I'm definitely going to avoid that train of thought too.
    No hangovers here either! Drank diet dr pepper and ice water during the game!
    I'll be checking in today. Right now, however, my 4 year old wants to use the computer. Can you believe it? He actually goes to nick jr by himself and plays spongebob games!!
    Take care, Becca

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

Not yet but on my way

Hi Tammie and Becca!
      Don't all housewives drink beer while doing the laundry and all the other mundane tasks we must keep up with at home?? I know, for me, drinking and housework were like sports events and beer are for others. My son and your son should "chat" online He is 4 also, and has mastered the Nick Jr site, Disney online, and Veggie Tales site. My 12 yo can type faster than me! He can usually fix computer glitches that I say will have to wait for dad. It amazes me! Have a great hangover-free day! Gina

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

Re: Not yet but on my way

Before I found this Website and program I thought I was the only "Drunken Housewife"! Nice to know I am not the only one, also nice to know that laundry can be done much better with out the beer. It was so embarrassing when my daughter or any other family member..would come out of their room with someone else's underware or whatever of someone else's that I had placed in their drawer by a drunken mistake.
        Here's to a happy, sober day. ~ tammie

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

Good SOBER morning to all of you house wives. I can't tell you how many times I woke up on Monday morning wishing I didn't have to go to the office and pretend I wasn't hungover! Couldn't wait for lunch to roll around so I could get some protein in me, then for 5:00pm so I could go home and and start the routine all over again! My preference of drink was wine. I ALWAYS had a wine glass with me. Can't tell you how many beautiful glasses I broke because "the dogs tail hit me, I missed a step, I turned too quickly and dropped my glass, etc.". NEVER and I mean NEVER was it because I had had too much to drink. I simply went to the cupboard and got a new glass. Smiles on my face here. I can only imagine the horror on my family's faces.

I'm on my second week of topa. Just received my CD's on Saturday. Having a hard time getting "hypnotized". But will work on it this week. Definitely feeling much better. Tonight I am going to start walking on my treadmill albeit slowly, I'm having problems with my sciatic nerve (totally another story) but causing pain nonetheless.

Justed want to wish you all a wonderful SOBER Monday!

Sandy

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

Hi Sandy,

Good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you. Glad to hear you are doing good. The Hypno Cd does take a few trys to get use to. I laughed the first few times...But I enjoy, relax to it now. I am always awake and aware at all times what is going on around me. However I do truely feel that they are helping me with my drinking problem.

With the Wine Glasses....oh the things I did while drunk in front of my hubby and kids....stupid, stupid stuff. It is so nice now to eat dinner, homework, play games, watch tv...just plain normal family stuff while sober. I really enjoy being with my family even if it is boring sometimes and I am figidity alot...I have to be on my laptop at the sametime while watching tv w/ family or reading....

Anyway, I was happy to see your post.
            Take care, Tammie

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

It's nice to know someone else laughed through the CD's. I tried mine on Saturday night and was supposed to be in the deepest part when my hubby walked in the room, I sat up, turned it off, told him goodnight and chuckled for about an hour!!!

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

Wow...it took me a long time to actually write in and now I feel as though I have a new group of friends. Not to get to cheesy but I guess I needed to reach out in order to connect.
                I want to respond back to Tammy...a few emails back...hang in there! It sounds like you've made progress and I believe that this program, more than any of I've ever tried can work...and will work. I'm still in the beginning stages...I started out w/ supplements and no Topomax b/c I wanted dr approval on it but now I'm on Topamax and w/ everything I've read I have a lot of hope.
                Enough blah blah blah...I need to ask a real question out there. The CD's...I ordered them, I believed in them when I did, but I'm not sure I get them. One one of them I feel as though I fall asleep by the time he gets into the "meat" of the therapy and on the others, it's just waves and backround noise. I've really never experienced subliminal messages so I may not understand what's going on. But I feel like I missing somethiing. This is my first experience with hypnotherapy...what am I missing?

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

Hi Guys

I can't believe I am not the only drunken stay at home Mom. I have a kindergartener and would wait until I got him on the bus at 12:30 to begin my drinking - I thought it was much more responsible to do it that way (!!). By the time my oldest got off the bus at 3:15, I was feeling pretty darn good. The sad part is that I also began to cancel appointments, plans with friends, anything so I could stay at home and drink. I have been missing out on so much because of my addiction and that angers me.
                  Funny thing is, that although I am doing much better about drinking, I still don't leave the house much. It bothers me tremendously. I feel like as long as I am home, I am safe - no alcohol in the house.
                  Thanks for letting me rant.
                  Marie

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

Marie,

I feel the same way. I don't leave the house much at all either. Even going to the grocery store bothers me. To easy to stop by the liquor store next door. Seems my home is my "safe haven" for now also. Hopefully in the coming weeks when we have a better handle on this we will evolve and get out and start enjoying life more.

Happy sober Wednesday!
                    Tammie

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

Hi Ladies,

Wouldn't it be great if we all lived close by so we could get together for a cup of coffee and learn how to live outside of the comfort zone of our drunken walls.

I wish you all the best for today!!!

Sandy

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

I have to hand it to the Stay at Home moms on the program. I just don't know how I could resist drinking staying at home all day. I stayed home for a year when my second child was born and my drinking got so much worse. I was bored to tears and felt so isolated. I felt like most all my friends were at work and the ones who weren't didn't want to hang out with someone with an infant.

I am so glad to be back at work. How do you gals do it?

-Nina

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

Medical Transcription

What is up with all us Medical Transcriptionists and drinking?? I too am a full time medical transcriptionist and work from home. I am not getting much work done today as I would rather be typing on here than about toes. (I do podiatry).Would love to chat with Jane and the other one (cant remember the name). What time zones are you in? I am Eastern Standard.

I just went to the doctor yesterday and she gave me Campral. She did not feel Topamax was the best choice with all the side effects and has seen great results with patient's on Campral. I have to wait until the 15th before I can order the book and program, but have purchased the Kudzu and L-Glutomine. Cant tell a difference yet, but only two days into it.

Allie

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

Re: Medical Transcription

If you don't do the All in One, I would also add Gaba to your list of Supps. Tell us how you do with the campral. I am on the topa and trying to figure out how long I am supposed to stay on the stuff. It has been 5 months now.

Good luck and welcome to the board!

-Nina

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

Re: Medical Transcription

Hi, I'm Juli, the other transcriptionist. I have been taking the supps for a week now and began the topamax on Monday after a doctor visit Monday afternoon. Today I will begin the hypnotherapy, which I have no experience with whatsoever, so I hope it tells you what to do and when to do it.

Last night a girlfriend and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and I had no margaritas, which was unheard of only a couple of weeks ago. I did want one, but I was able to let that feeling pass and not overcome me.

Good luck with this - we are all new in this together!

Comment

Not yet, but on my way

Medical Transcription

Hi Juli,
                                Margaritas are my favorite with Mexican food, so I will have to avoid my favorite Mexican restaurant for a while as they have the BEST margaritas, and only cost $3.25 each. Double temptation. I am looking forward to getting all the supps as I think that will be a big help, but in the meantime I am relying on the Campral, Kudzu, and exercise. Also, which I have found to help, my doctor also prescribed "Lunesta" for me to help me sleep, as nights I dont drink I have a hard time sleeping and am tired all the next day. I took one last night and it really helped to not only get sleepy by nine-o-clock, but I didnt care as much about drinking when I know I can go right to sleep. Do you do transcription from home?
                                Allie

Comment

Working...
                                X