Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else slip?

anyone slip?

Good luck Nina! I think trying for 30 days is a good start. That's what I was trying to do, before this past weekend , so I may try for the 30 days again. It's what RJ recommends. (Just having 6 glasses of wine over 2 days has brought back a lot of the tiredness I was getting over! That's a drag!|I ) Also, I think the CD's are really helpful, espec after you've listened to them as recommended for about 2 weeks, they really kick in strong!

Hugs,
    Kathy

Comment

Anyone else slip?

Re: anyone slip?

Thanks for that, the cd's are the one thing i have been really fighting, and i really do feel there is a missing component. i think they, of all things, scare me. my all one showed up today, gotta pick it up at the post office after 13:00 looking forward to that. and i think i am really going to make an effort to try the cd's again. sounds like theyve really made a difference for you guys. i have found that i can do, just one drink, but it is a real struggle and if i was alone, i think i would cave. maybe the cd;s are what i need. i'll give it a try! again, thanks so much for being there you guys - what a gift you all are!

Comment

Anyone else slip?

Re: anyone slip?

I think the one thing I get from reading everyone's post is that everyone is different and we all have the same goal - how we get there doesn't matter, but as long as we support one another along the way and don't judge, that's all that matters. There's plenty of people out there to do that for us! I have read the Hididng Alcohol thread - what a hoot! I laughed till I had tears! It's great to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes.

I am taking everything on the program, but for some reason, I have resisted the cd's - has anyone REALLY found them indispensible? Can you tell me why? I just have a hard time carving out that hour every day to lie down and calm my mind, I keep thinking of the housework and things I SHOULD be doing. I'd appreciate the input.
        Thanks
        Marie

Comment

Anyone else slip?

CD's

I'm with you, Marie..I have everything else on the program except the cd's and the topa. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on Friday and hopefully she will give me a script. I am going armed with lots of good MWO info!

If anyone has good feedback on the cd's, I'd also love to hear it.

Thanks!

Jane.

Comment

Anyone else slip?

Re: CD's

Personally I really like the CD's...It did take a time or two to get into them. My Husband is doing them with me for support and I have to admit the first time I laughed a little. But now after doing them for two weeks I look forward to them, very relaxing. At first I had a hard time sleeping, but that could of been the Supp's as well. I feel they are worth it, but you have to believe and really get into it if you know what I mean. They seem to be helping me.

Anyway this is just my opinion. "To each his Own"

Tammie

Comment

Anyone else slip?

re[ cd

lucky you to have husbands support. Tried cd and feel asleep

Comment

Anyone else slip?

to Gina and RE the CD's

Gina, I just remembered a friend of mine from a while back who was in recovery (this was before I developed my drinking problem, even, so mid 80's ) who said that for her, it was really easier to just stop than to try to moderate. For some reason I just thought of her again after re-reading your post.

Also, regarding the Cd's, I had a lot of resistance to them at first, too, although I felt that I really ought to give everything in the program a shot. It is hard to find the time to do it, so the way I found to do it is to do the clearing on Saturday, the hypno on Sunday and then the 20 minute hypno again on Weds evening. Then doing the subliminal and sleep learning daily as recommended. I am too tired during the weekday evenings to really listen to an hour's worth of hypno stuff without falling asleep! I didn't like the fellow's voice at first, either, but it has become soothing to me. I do a fair amount of driving during the week, so I do listen to the subliminal while I drive, although it is the only one that I think it is safe to drive to. The other CD's are designed to put you in a trance, so DO NOT DRIVE or do anything requiring concentration when you listen to these other CD's!

It sounds really hokey, I know. But I do believe that they are helping me. If you give them a chance and suspend disbelief, I think they can have a positive impact on you all. I fully credit the hypno tapes with my being able to get back on board right away after coming home from the funeral this weekend.

I hope this helps for those of you who are frightened or skeptical

Hugs,
                Kathy

Comment

Anyone else slip?

to abstain or to moderate...that is the question??

Hi Kathy, Yes, I must say that this time, it is easier to just stop drinking (so far!!) than to moderate. I've been trying for many years to moderate to no avail. It sure isn't easy to "just stop" when there is still a glimmer of hope of once being able to drink like a normal person again. I tried all summer long. My husband actually believed I was sober most of the summer. I have thrown in the towel on that ever being a reality for me, and finally have come to some acceptance of that w/o really feeling deprived. I try to look at it like an allergy, almost how people w/ peanut allergies must treat their allergy...it is a TOXIC substance to me!! However, I try not to let it affect me socially. I'm actually more social than I have been for quite some time. I've got too much at stake, too many good things to lose to try to control this thing any longer. I hope other's here are as successful as RJ at controlled drinking. I like the idea of having options. I'm just at a point where I must be done taking risks. Gina

Comment

Anyone else slip?

Re: to abstain or to moderate...that is the question??

Gina and Kathy,
                    I'd have to agree with abstaining being easier. Although I don't have the option to moderate at this point, I can imagine how hard it would be. Maybe I will try moderation in a year or so after I finish treatment for my hepatitis. I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I may not ever want to drink again after this is over, if it ever is....

Great job girls, you've come along way!

Marcie

Comment

Working...
                    X