X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GABA

Re: told husband

Hey CS,

I am glad you told your husband. One more step to the rest of your life.

I hope his reaction is what you had hoped. Just keep in mind that the strength we hope to gain from others we will sometimes have to find in ourselves. We will always be here for you as well.

-Nina

Comment

GABA

Re: cd's

Hi to all.
      I'm kind of an "old timer". I don't post much, but I do read alot. I started the program back in July. I am responding to the question of the cd's. I've got to say that I think that one of the biggest transformations (for me) came with the use of the cd's. If you read back over some of the other posts from other old timer's, maybe in the best of the boards, you may find something to give you some stronger motivation. I've had some set backs lately and I will tell you that the topa and the supps aren't enough to keep you on track. Now that life is getting back to normal my plan is to start back on the cd's (keeping up with the rest of the program) the way they are outlined in the beginning of the book. I KNOW that I need that right now to get me back on track. When it is a mental thing rather than a physical thing the cd's are so powerful in helping you believe in yourself. Hope this will help to dispell some of your disbelieve in the process. I know it sounds a little "new age" but it's really very relaxing. The clearing cd is great, if for nothing else just to release tension and anxiety. I hope you will enjoy them. They have been great for me and I actually want to get more for other areas of my life now!

Best of luck in your journeys!

Donna

Comment

GABA

CDs

I've been reading and watching these messages with great interest and have ordered the cd's after reading the pdf version of the book. This change is my number one New Year's resolution. The program makes perfect sense because of how it combines different therapies. RE: the cds, even though I haven't tried them yet I like what you say about them Donna. I researched hypnosis years ago in college and got a sense for how it works so I can see why it's so important to this program. To be able to do it at home is a huge bonus for me. I notice there have been more and more articles published in consumer magazines about the scientific basis for its effectiveness, e.g. brain mapping and various studies. So I definitely plan to do it by the book or at least incorporate it as best I can. We upgrade to a new computer in the next couple of days and once I get that done I'll get my bookmarks set up and register for this site. I apprerciate everyone's info. This program sounds amazing and it's been so helpful to read the experiences of both newcomers and old timers!

TR

Comment

GABA

CDs, etc.

Hi everyone,
          Thanks for all of your great support. Nina, I liked your comment about finding the strength within ourselves. I feel like I've always been a strong person (and I suspect that many of you feel the same way), and the fact that I have not been able to tackle the drinking issue has bothered me so much.

Donna, thanks for your comments about the CDs. You are right about believing in yourself and how important that is, and we all understand the mind-body connection -- another reason why this program appeals to me. We all need to reduce stress, and we all need better ways besides drinking to cope with stress.

I have not started the supps or the program yet, but I have not felt the urgent sense to drink that I usually do at certain times of the day. Perhaps because I'm still not feeling well -- but it's not really stopped me in the past. I also don't want to kid myself into thinking that without really "doing" anything that I have kicked the habit. I plan to order the CDs soon and begin in earnest.

Thanks,
          CS

Comment

GABA

subliminal tapes

Hi Guys! My first time to write....As a marriage & family therapist (isn't that a joke???) I really see the value of the hypnosis tapes. However the subliminal messages scare me having heard horror stories about this for years. What has been your experiences?

I'm getting ready to order all the stuff and get started fighting this "demon."

Another question, has anyone else done one or two-day binges? They are new for me and I'm just realizing what they are .

Diana

Comment

GABA

Re: subliminal tapes

Hi Diana and Welcome,

Im probably not going to be much help, but I did want to welcome you.

I have been doing the CD's for 1 week full schedule . I was very scared at first and still haven't slept well, but that could be getting use to the med's, day 4 of everything....Sorry got of track! Anyway, my Hubby sleeps like a baby and he has been doing all the cd's with me...he doesn't however take the meds, but he doesn't even drink, lol, he is just doing them with me because I was scared...

You might want to go to the topic "Best of Boards" and read through all the info on Hypno and what other's have experienced. I found it very helpful.

As far as binges for 1-2 days. Sorry to say it was morning til night for me, mon-fri, for a very long time.

Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Tammie

Comment

GABA

Re: One or Two Day Binges

Hi Diane and Welcome..

That was my exact drinking M.O. I'd pick a day (usually weekends) and let my hair down...over do it, on purpose. I wanted to get buzzed, okay drunk....I didn't want just a couple of drinks or just to sip for taste, I drank for effect. After an evening or two of that (I rarely drank during the day) I would stop for several days. Then I would repeat the pattern.

Boy I'm glad that's over!
                Janet

Comment

GABA

Thanks for the encouragement!

Thanks. Just wanted reassurance that this program can "save" me, too!

Comment

GABA

Thanks!

Thanks Tammie for the encouragement!
                    Diana

Comment

Working...
                    X