Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading list!

Goodbye Mr Wonderful

I have read a lot of the books described in this thread, however, the best and most healing I have read to date (I keep it by my bed for inspiration) is Goodbye Mr Wonderful, I got mine from Amazon UK and this is a truely amazing book.

Chris McCully is a lecturer at a popular UK University, he was a desperate alcoholic with two failed attempts at sobriety till his brain said "enough". He then describes the story of his first two years in sobriety, this is a very soothing and quite funny book. I recommend it to anyone in a struggle as it is easy to pick up and re-read various chapters. He describes going to Corfu on holiday but he had never really seen the Island as he had always been in a stupid. I'm rambling now - buy it - its good.

Comment

Reading list!

Carolyn Myss

I cant believe that Myss hasnt hit this list yet.. a medical intuitive and a bright spark, she analyses and talks about stages of healing. I like her no nonsense approach.. you know what you need to do in your life.. if you dont do the things you know about how can you think that you can do something great because you havent opened your mind and body to its greatness.... hmmmmm.

I like the seven stages on healing best.

Another book I really enjoyed was Just a boy by Richard McCann. Anyway, its about what happened to him as a boy once the Yorkshire Ripper murdered his mum. Its hard to read and is written from the perspective of a child - even when he grows up it really is written quite freshly. As I have sons I'm fascinated by how children process information and I think he has captured lots of that... Even as a 'girl' I think there are similarities to how I processed information as a child and have found it useful to refresh my mind as to how I let things affect me.

Brigid

Comment

Working...
      X