Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for email buddy

Re: curios

This is what I found on an alcoholism website.....

Withdrawal Symptoms:
    Mild to moderate psychological symptoms:

Feeling of jumpiness or nervousness
    Feeling of shakiness
    Anxiety
    Irritability or easily excited
    Emotional volatility, rapid emotional changes
    Depression
    Fatigue
    Difficulty with thinking clearly
    Bad dreams
    Mild to moderate physical symptoms:

Headache - general, pulsating
    Sweating, especially the palms of the hands or the face
    Nausea
    Vomiting
    Loss of appetite
    Insomnia, sleeping difficulty
    Paleness
    Rapid heart rate (palpitations)
    Eyes, pupils different size (enlarged, dilated pupils)
    Skin, clammy
    Abnormal movements
    Tremor of the hands
    Involuntary, abnormal movements of the eyelids
    Severe symptoms:

A state of confusion and hallucinations (visual) -- known as delirium tremens
    Agitation
    Fever
    Convulsions
    "Black outs" -- when the person forgets what happened during the drinking episode
    Source: National Institutes of Health

I experienced anxiety, depression, sweating and insomnia. All improved within a week. Symptoms are individual depending on your amt of consumption. Sometimes a medical detox is necessary as withdrawal from alcohol can be more dangerous and difficult than heroin. Welcome to the board. Hope this helps! Gina

Comment

Looking for email buddy

Re: curios

Gina;

Thanks for posting the info...I couldn't believe how many of those symptoms I experienced for the first couple of weeks. And now that I can admit my faults 4 times after the first day of complete sobriety 11/1.. Anyway, that's exactly why I did drink at those times. I couldn't get rid of the tremors, shakes, depression, anxiety, arguing with everybody about everything or basically nothing. I thought I was losing my mind. I started telling myself those 4 times, that after just one drink the symptoms would go away, they didn't... For a few more weeks I continued to suffer and the shaking, crying all the time, feeling depressed seem like it did calm down. Now I don't feel the constant reminder of my past excessive drinking.

Thank you for showing me I didn't loose my mind. This is what I needed to know to be able to start to not just acknowledge that I have a problem, but continue to educate myself on what happened physically and psychologically. And I can start to maybe forgive myself for some things that I'm not proud of.

You've been HUGGED! Thank you.

Brandy

Comment

Looking for email buddy

withdrawal

Thanks Brandy! I think the Campral really relieved me of the symptoms I too experienced so many times in past attempts. I forget if you are on meds or not. No wonder it is so difficult getting past the first few weeks. Take care!!

Comment

Looking for email buddy

West coast too...

How are you doing - Phil?

I'm in CO. I'm sober since New years day .... been taking the supplements only - and finally feeling a bit better. I still can't sleep though.

I wanted to check in since we are on similar time zones, anytime you want to say hello I'm on yahoo IM
          cojeanie@yahoo.com

J.

Comment

Looking for email buddy

re: buddy

Could you tell me how to get into the chat. My email address is Mmarks423@aol.com

Comment

Looking for email buddy

Re: re: buddy

You must be a registered user to chat. Then just click on the join chat button at the top of the screen at the main message board screen.

Marcie

Comment

Looking for email buddy

email buddy

Hi,
                I have been attempting this recovery for about 6 months. I would be happy to email with you. I live in Texas, so central time zone.
                Let me know,
                cpn

Comment

Looking for email buddy

How are you doing Phil?

I was kitten then registered, this is my new user name!

How is it all going - I'm sober since the 1st of Jan - just started taking Campral last nite. BIG cravings at cocktail hour... but feeling very good

Jean

Comment

Working...
                  X