Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 12. It's getting easier.

Nia,
    That's great news! I'm psyched to get going on it, hoping it just makes things a bit easier. The good news here is that I've lost 3.5 pounds since going AF - yippee! I was probably drinking an extra 1,000 calories a night. The weight loss is a sweet little bonus for the struggle Going AF seems to be a good thing no matter how you look at it!
    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Lucky you river, I havent really noticed any weight loss as yet but Im hopeful, only 11 days under my belt at the moment. I have noticed my face seems less puffy and lined now though , especially in the mornings so that is a bonus

Comment

Nia,
        I know I aged myself prematurely with puffy eyes every day/dehydration, etc. Yesterday my daughter had a derm appt. and I was chatting with the receptionist who had just had dermabrasion done. Looked amazing. As a reward to myself, I scheduled an appointment to have it done myself next week. I thought what the h**l, I've spent a ton of money on booze, why not pamper myself a little? It's cheaper than I thought ($118), and only $80 for a chemical peel. Trying to turn over a whole new leaf! DH can find the bill next month - haha!

Comment

You are an inspiration to me! Keep it up and just think how you'll feel in 12 more days.

Comment

Noma'am well done on 12 days AF. I agree with telling your brain to wait. And I am a true believer in on day at a time. If I can work on not drinking today, each day AF will be a success to me. I can empathise that you probably want a drink. I'm on day 7 and have been the same. But have stocked up on soft drinks to keep myself going.

River - What helps me during my danger zone (5pm onwards) is keeping soft drinks near by so. By the time I've had 2 can's of coke (yes I am addicted to coca-cola right now) I feel so bloated I couldn't drink anything else. I know I won't be losing any weight just yet with the calories I'm consuming with fizzy drinks.

Comment

Hello all,

Congratulations noma'am. Every day counts. I made the mistake last year of thinking I somehow really wasn't a problem drinker after a month AF. I even had a glass of wine to "prove it." Boy, was I wrong. One glass became 2, and you know what happened after that. That's why I came here looking for new tools. Think the cd's and this site are just the ticket. Will always have to watch it. Hope to emulate RJ over the long haul.

River and Sun, the "cocktail hours" are written on some stone tablet somewhere, or at least they're in the Constitution (I think it's time for an Amendment). I started visiting this site around 4:30 with the subliminal cd plugged in which really seems to help. Now if I can just get the telemarketers to STOP calling and interrupting me!! Add my children to the "do not call" list - Mom's busy!!!

V.

Comment

Everyone,

I understand the cocktail hour saga. Unfortunately mine started at 3. I am on day six and today is the first day I don't feel like crap. I called my doctor and asked him to switch me from naltraxadone to topa, I am still waiting for a reply.... My husband gave up drinking for me. However at the lake this weekend I think he will drink with our friends. I am on "antibiotics".

I haven't told anyone other than my husband about MWO. I am just craving a very cold beer. Guess I will go get a diet coke, hope it does the trick.

sosad
                :new:

sosad

Comment

LOL, V! Written in stone is right!!! I almost feel like I'm breaking some rule by not drinking right now. I just got back from a trip to Walgreens. In the car were two giant jugs of Jack (I love Jack - so much we call him John). Hubby and I aren't speaking. Guess I've snapped too many times. But he will medicate shortly and get over it.

I understand with the kids bugging every second. Last night at 5 I flipped out. I had heard "Mom!" too many times. I stomped out of the house with my MWO book and stuck my feet in the kiddie pool after telling them I was done being slave for the day.

Just brewed up a wickedly strong cup of tea. I shouldn't do that since I've had trouble sleeping lately (hooray for Calms Forte). Oh and another thing, I'm now addicted to this board. . . it never ends

Comment

River you will have to let me know how the dermabrasion goes, it sounds good.

Im currently heading towards my quit smoking date (this Saturday) and once I beat that addiction I am planning on treating myself to something too.

My aim is to go on holiday with my two girls a week on Saturday both Al and smoke free (not quite nicotine free I dont thiink as Im planning on quitting using the inhalators)

Anyway, wishing everyone strength for today, good luck

Comment

Nia,
                      You are very brave and strong to tackle two issues at once. I'll be pulling for you! I've been trying to figure out what my plan will be once I'm done with 30 days (and why is 30 days the number we shoot for? I suppose there's a thread on that, I'll have to look). My plan is moderation, and was wondering if switching to a drink that I normally don't drink will be helpful. I'm a jack & coke gal (although now the smell is revolting). I don't care for wine. Well, when I say that, I mean I don't care to guzzle wine like I care to guzzle Jacks. So thinking maybe wine spritzers may be an option and just never go back to Jack as long as I think it stinks (not to mention the cost!). Wondering how you moderators out there handle it and if you have a plan in place to not lose control again? And am I bad to even to thinking about drinking again down the road?
                      I'm day 9 today! Nine days ago I was reading with envy those of you who were on day 2, 5, 9, etc., and now here I am. 28 seemed impossible, but I see now that it is not too far out of reach. I couldn't do it without this board, your support and the whole MWO program. Soooo grateful to you all ~
                      Still waiting for the AllOne, hopefully arrives today, can't wait to use it. Hugs to all, wishing everyone a healthy day!

Comment

Working...
                      X