X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dosages of supps

spouse reactions

Tammie and Marcie,
    I am afraid my husband will think all the hypno-stuff is a load of hooey. However, he has been disappointed in the past when I said I would "do something" about my drinking, and then did nothing. So at least this will be something. Isn't it crazy how hard it is sometimes to tell those that are closest to us about things that bother us the most.

I am wondering what happened to the posts from Bernstein a ways back, who wanted to tell his wife.

I understand what you mean about time alone being hard, Tammie. You get stuck in your head. It's easy to be "busy" when others are around. Let us know when your packages arrive.
    CS

Comment

Dosages of supps

Re: spouse reactions

If you are afraid to tell your spouse do what I did. "Oh honey, it is just another one of those weight loss things." He just rolled his eyes and went on none the wiser. Sounds silly, but men always buy the fact that we are always trying to lose weight.

Sorry to the men here. For they guys you could tell your wives you are trying to get in touch with your femine side??

-Nina

Comment

Dosages of supps

spouse

I just know that I will ultimately be more successful if I communicate with him and am honest about what I want to do. There is always beer/wine in the house and with dinner, so it's always "who is going to pick it up, what are we gonna have," etc. etc. That is going to be hard, too. Anyway - we all know how best to communicate with our partners and how much to say.

Thanks,
        CS

Comment

Dosages of supps

Sleep CDs

ttfme and CS, I got this information on an old post but I ordered a sleep speaker from amazon.com called a pillowsonic. It was only $24.94 and arrived in less than a week. I was able to listen to the the sleep CD all night without disturbing my husband. It worked great. I also saw something similar at Bed Bath and Beyond. I didn't look at it closely and don't know where you are or if you have that particular store in your area. Hope this helps.

Comment

Dosages of supps

Re: Sleep CDs

You are right CS. I was just trying to find a light side to this. Are you ready to confide in your husband? If you are, it is all or nothing. That is why I haven't.

I bought some blank labels and put them over top of the MY Way Out labels so that my husband wouldn't be able to see them. I know it sounds sneaky, but I'm just not ready to be outed.

You do what you need to do to make you the most successful at the program. If you think he is just going to think the program is a bunch of hooey, then don't tell him. If you think he will run out and help you hunt down all of the supplies and support you, then tell him. Only you know him and yourself.

Additionally you will need to decide if you are going for abstinence or moderation. If he is going to insist on alchohol in the house, you will find it very difficult to maintain abstinence. Some people can just have a few and they are done with it. They just don't understand those of use that can't stop at one or two. They will say "Just stop drinking." They don't understand the impulsiveness of our brains and the fact that "our brains don't work that way."

Does he understand the difference between how he drinks and how you drink and the fact that for most of us, it is not a choice like the clothes we pick out in the morning.

Before this program and taking topomax, I used to drink beer almost every night. I would constantly count how many beers I drank 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and then the numbers of hours I was going to be able to sleep 1,2, 3, 4,5,6, and then how many beers were left in the fridge that I could drink 1,2, 3, 4, and then if it wasn't what I felt was enough, I was so anxious until I blacked out. This happend every time I drank. This was not a choice, this was how I was wired. I don't count anymore or drink much beer. I never knew I had a compulsive side till finding MWO.

He has to understand that you are different in order to support you.

Sorry to ramble.

-Nina

Comment

Dosages of supps

Re: Sleep CDs

Dear SoCo,

Thanks for the info on the sleep pillow, I have never heard of it but will look into it if it becomes a problem. My Husband is the one who found this program for me and so he as helped and been by my side every step of the way. I sould be receiving the Cd's shortly, ordered them Jan. 2.

Dear Nina,

You sound alot like me...I would count how many beers were left (mine were in hiding not in the fridge) and how many hours I had to drink them. If I didn't think it was enough I would go to the store before I had any.....

I know I have a very addictive mind. Smoking, drinking....I have ordered all the supps, topa, cd's....I plan on doing everything in the book as stated as soon I get everything. It is nice to hear from others that this program works. Also I too enjoying going on line and reading about others who sound just like me.

I think if we can all support each other and give each other hints...we can All make it.

Thanks for listening and have a good day all,
              Tammie

Comment

Dosages of supps

telling spouse

My plan is for moderation. I know that for health/weight reasons, my husband would like to drink less, as well as eat healthier. So I am pretty sure that he will be supportive of some sort of plan. I am aiming for a different relationship with alcohol, not a think-about-it-all-the-time one (whether I am thinking about drinking/how many beers are in the house/is there red wine in the house for dinner, or the opposite swing of the pendulum -- thinking that I really need to stop/make changes). You weren't rambling, because I know we all have our own compulsions.

CS

Comment

Working...
                X