Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not so fed up

Dear Liz;

I know how you feel. I had my last druken situation on Nov 1st. After that night I vowed never to drink again. Oh well, you know how that went. Seven days later I drank a half glass of vodka, the next week a half glass, the next week quarter of a glass, doing this only once a week seemed to get me to stop completely, not all at once. I drank my first beer Dec 21st, only 70% of the bottle, so now I start all over again. I have to accept that I am an alcoholic and have finally came to the end. When I finished the beer I was sick with a major headache. But I start the recovery all over again. I restarted my count down. It's frustrating, I had to start all over again..It wasn't worth it...

Please stay strong for the people like me.

Comment

not so fed up

Dear lizeva;

I went to AA 3 times. I felt isolated and alone. The sponsor I got hooked up with is 81 yrs old and sober for 25 years. She comes from a wealthy family and her and I spend more time arguing than her helping me. I only heard alot of stories at AA from men that fell apart and the women in their lives picked them up. I was frustrated. I have a family that didn't have any idea. I told me husband Nov 1st. I keep my sanity by eating alot of candy and that's not good. This board has been my only contact with people that understand. I feel more open, and I can admit I messed up 4 times since Nov 1st. Nobody knows, but I do. I'm trying again.

I'll keep you in my thoughts for the best. Stay strong!

Comment

not so fed up

Hey Brandy

I think you've got the stuff to do this right, girl! If you think about it, you've had a lot more time sober than toasted since Nov. 1st, which is a really good start, despite the setbacks! The problem with AA sometimes is that "slips" and "falling off the wagon" end up feeling only like failures, when they are also a big learning opportunity. You've tried some experiments, and you've seen the results, and you have a better understanding of what you have to do. That's what this board is all about, keeping on keeping on, learning from the past, and focusing on the future! Keep on trying!

Comment

not so fed up

Re: Duh

Hey Opinionated;

Wow, great story. I can so relate. My last drunken episode was Nov. 1st. Since then I have drank 1 glass of Vodka, the next week another glass, the following week 1/2 glass. Then nothing, until 12/20 I brought 22 oz. beer and drank 70% of the bottle then poured the rest out. I got so sick, a headache that wouldn't go away. It's not worth it. I told my husband for the first time Nov 1st, he works during the day, kids in school, and I got laid off a couple of months ago. Nothing to do all day but drink, so I thought. I felt guilty those 4 episodes since Nov 1st, but I'm back on my daily ritual of one day at a time. I haven't craved alcohol since, even though it was only several days ago 12/20. I hate feeling the guilt...

Thank you for your story. I went to AA only 3 times but I felt so isolated and alone. I have received more support over the last couple of days since I started reading so many wonderful inspirational stories. I know I'm not alone, I messed up, but I get to do it again. Family situations to keep me busy during the holidays, especially because school is out and constant family. After the 1st I need to start looking for another job and finish my Nursing Asst course at school and focus on staying sober, seems easier today than 3 days ago.

Thank you for being a part of the struggle to remain sober!

Comment

Working...
          X