Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello New Here

Kel,

You've got a great husband and support system. Thank goodness you've got a new doctor, too. Look forward to what happens on Monday.

Jen

Comment

Hello New Here

You guys are amazing!! Since I last wrote, I went on somewhat of a bender... I guess I was trying to prove that I really need the meds!! LOL I remembered to come here and I've been reading through the thread and have found new hope again.

I want to start today. I drank a ton last night. I got my book over night from amazon. I am going to order the CD's. I currently have L-glutamine, kudzu, evening PR, and I'll have to read about what type of aminos to get.

Thanks for the inspiration!! Really...I'm just really tired of being this way so I might as well start changing today. I will be posting regularly!!

Eveyone give yourselves a hug!

Janet

Comment

Hello New Here

I think I'm a good candidate for Campral since I just want to be booze free. I'm going to call a doc Monday and set an appointment. Come clean with her, I haven't been in a long while. I am going to also print off information to take with me. I guess I can do a good search on Campral and find the info that way?

Kel I'm so glad you found a reasonable doctor! Please keep me posted, I promise to stay close and not wander off again!!:x

Comment

Hello New Here

niacin

I found MYO by accident on the internet and Roberta's story is exactly mine!! I ordered the book and ordered the CD's and even found an on-line drug company that will ship the Topomax into Canada without a perscription. I just have one question I take high doses (6000 mg per day) of Niacin for HIgh -Chloestoral. Should I keep taking it while I am on the Topomax or discontinue it until I finsih the twelve weeks. I already exercise and take lots of supplements but I am going to ad the ones I don't already have I can't wait to get started with the program but I am concerned about the niacin

Debbie

Comment

Hello New Here

Re: niancin

Debbie,

This sounds like a question for Dr. Garcia. I would post it in her forum. She's traveling right now but will be back around mid-month.

Amy

Comment

Hello New Here

Re: niancin

Thanks Amy

I have not started the program yet but am anxious tod o so. I have also never done this sort of messaging. I am have troubles navigating everything in the discussion forum but if all else fails I'll have t o ask my kids how to do it!!

Debbie

Comment

Hello New Here

Re: niacin

Debbie,

Welcome and best of luck. Everyone here is very generous with their knowledge, but your niacin question really is best for Dr. Garcia. Just go to the main Discussion Forum page and you'll see the thread for "Ask Dr. Garcia." Just click on the 'New Topic' button to start a new thread. Or if all else fails, ask your kids as you suggest...lol.

Amy

Comment

Hello New Here

New here too

Hi, I have been reading the forum for the past few weeks. Before this I have been trying for a solution for a problem for a long time. I related to the boredom topic though, as the longest I ever went without a drink was six weeks and I was going out of mind with the amount of hours in a day and night that need to be filled.

I like the post that said that turns around and you can fill it up. I hope so.

Comment

Hello New Here

Re: New here too

I'm still feeling a little afraid about this and I'm not sure at all what my Dr's stance will be on this. I am going to print out all the supporting materials, and take the book with me also.

I don't know why I'm so nervous, I think its the side effects of the meds, but then I figure, they can't be as bad as being in an hungover fog all the dang time either!

Comment

Working...
                    X