Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here

Re: NY visit

Terssy - I've certainly been in the same situation as you. I also have a position in the community (so does my husband) that would make it shocking for most people, if they knew. At least you admit you have a problem. Starting the program as soon as you can is important. I started as soon as I got the ALL One and the other items followed, so don't wait for every single thing to arrive in order to start. I found reading through the posts daily helps alot. Reading through old posts may give you suggestions on other activities besides drinking, what's worked for others, and just plain hope and support. We wouldn't be here if we couldn't relate and I really empathize with you. So don't be afraid to keep posting your thoughts, feelings, questions, comments. For me, it all started with making the decision to take control and take my life back. After that, it was just a matter of working all aspects of the program - I've been doing this for almost a month and have greatly cut back - there is hope! - Many good wishes to you, Maria

Comment

I'm new here

NYC

We spent last christmas in London and nearly died of sticker shock. Try to get to NYC before X-MAS if possible,
      as it is so much more affordable. I've seen Calmes Forte in most drug stores...you really don't need a health food store. Have fun in N.Y and good luck with your shopping.

Comment

I'm new here

Supps in the US

Hi Dunnock.

Vitamin Shoppe in the US has pretty good prices and they are all over NYC. Go to www.vitaminshoppe.com and see what you think-they have kudzu, milk thistle and calms forte. They do not appear to have All One. You should also see what shipping would be-gotta be cheaper than plane fare! But anyway, this is a start.

Ann

Comment

I'm new here

Re: Supps in the US

Ann,

Actually Vitamin Shoppe does carry All One. That's where I get mine. (It's where I get almost all of my supps.) I just went to their website. The reason it's hard to find is because they list it as 'All-1'. If you search for it under the brand name 'Nutritech' it's easy to find.

Amy

Comment

I'm new here

Re: Supps in the US

Thanks, Amy, I thought it was odd....!

Ann

Comment

I'm new here

hi Maria
              thanks for your reply, its good just to know i am not on my own here,but I feel so ill right now with chest pain after another 2 bottles of wine,I have some supps and will take your advice and start on them while waiting for the tapes and the rest of the supps, god Maria it has to get better than this please say it does I need to hear that I will feel better or there is little point for me, thanks for listening bless you
              kind regards
              terssy

Comment

I'm new here

Terssy - It does get better, as you work the program you slowly get stronger. The accomplishments (however small) will build on each other. I like the one line in the hypno CD where he says something like "think of that sense of accomplishment and pride you feel the next morning after you've been good the previous day". That feeling is great and the more of those days you have under your belt, the better you feel. The thing to remember (for myself at least) is that not meeting your goal for one day (either abstaining or drinking only one or two) doesn't mean you failed. (I think that the AA philosophy takes that as a failure and makes you start counting your sober days from day 1 after a slip up) . I prefer to look at my pattern of drinking over time - over the last month, I drank 10 days, and maybe 5 of those days were more than 3 drinks in an evening. Which is a great change from drinking more than 4 drinks almost everyday. It is your decision though, it's not a magic bullet. You have to be willing to say enough is enough and don't give up if you slip up. - Take care, Maria

Comment

I'm new here

Hi Maria
                  thanks so much I am not in so much pain now as it has passed, I have started the supps that I have and the calms perhaps the rest and the sleep will help thanks for being there for me bless you
                  kind regards
                  terssy

Comment

I'm new here

Maria, that is great advice: "Don't give up if you slip up." A lot of us need to remember that.

And Terssy, hang in there -- it does get better, with time.

Mike

Comment

I'm new here

Hi Mike
                      good to know your there, thanks, hope your right
                      kind regards
                      terssy

Comment

I'm new here

Hi everyone,
                        Thanks for the great discussion. I like the fact that when people share here that they have slipped up there is no judgement. I think that's because if we are here we are probably our own harshest judge.
                        I would like some input about the book and cd's. I am not having the greatest success with just using the Campral. I would like to hear from those of you who have been doing the entire program and what you think has made the greatest difference in controlling your drinking. I have spent money in the past on books etc.. to no real sustained relief. It's alot of money for the MWO program, so convince me that it truly will work and I'll make the investment.
                        Thanks!!!
                        Lori

Comment

I'm new here

NY visit

Hey folks - haven't checked this thread for a bit (it's a messy site - I don't quite remember where I post on it), so many thanks for advice and replies. Makes one feel less alone in the big dark world. In fact ALLONE is the only sup that I can't now source in the UK (I'm not bothering about Calmes Forte 'cos it doesn't seem crucial. And yes - I take the point that ONEALL is relatively cheap to import (but less fun than a budget trip to NY). May still consider this, if the programme works for me. Ysteb7: what's 'sticker shock', for heaven's sake? Do tell.

Terssy: we might want to keep in touch - about UK sources for stuff, if nothing else. There's someone in Ireland, if you can find one of my other postings (had a posting 'thing' last week, and then retreated) who is just starting out too, and wanting links around the locality. Just don't want to depress either of you because so far nothing is working for me here - but I'm giving it my best go.

Comment

I'm new here

Thanks

Hey guys

Haven't visited this thread for a week so thanks for all the advice and comments. Update: only can't source ONEALL in the UK: Uk people may care to get in touch with me about sources. Have decided Calms Forte is non-essential; agree overseas delievery charges for ONEALL are cheaper than going to NY - but less fun! (I tend
                            see the dollars prices in pounds and it frightens me - but then I translate it into UK?. About ?15 a month, I think, overall, for this supplement including cost and import. But aren't vitamins madly expensive, anyway? I had no idea.)

ysteb7: what, in heaven's name, is 'sticker shock'? Do tell.

Mollysdream: thanks for advice

Terssy: do keep in touch. There's a an Irish person contemplating starting this programme (look for my call name: Dunnock, on other threads, for her exchange with me so far. Can't believe it, are we the only UK souls around the place? It's a messy website in terms of keeping in touch with people, and I don't have the skills to to set up the individual links.) But good luck to you.

Cheers

Dunnock

Comment

I'm new here

Posting twice

Sorry for posting neanly identical messages twice - thought the first one hadn't got through. Cybertwerp, here!

Cheers
                              Duddock

Comment

I'm new here

Investing In MWO

Lori, I think one of the most important parts of this program is the Hypno CD?s. At the very least, you need to invest the money to buy these. Listening to these is what is actually changing the way I think about drinking and helped me believe I deserve to be sober. Not to mention the fact that they are relaxing and release me from all that binds me while I am working with them. They are a great escape from daily trials.

As far as the MWO program being a lot of money, I believe that is relative to the life changes made with the program. What would it be worth to be at your best every morning? To be able to remember what you did the night before. To remember who you called on the phone and what you promised. What would it be worth to you if you could actually rest at night? Most of all, what if you could actually live a fulfilling life, watching your loved ones grow and develop into the people they are to be.

I don?t know how much you are drinking, but if it were a cheap bottle of wine a day, at $10 each, that is $300 per month. If you have insurance, and get a Dr. to work with you, you should actually be saving money; and feeling so good it is almost indescribable. I recommend doing the whole program to increase your chances of success. It isn?t an expense as much as it is an investment, and the dividends are astronomical. What is having your life back worth. This program is not a waste of money. It will work if you will apply yourself and follow it. I wish you the best in whatever you do.

God Bless

Bear

Comment

Working...
                                X