X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here

Re: Investing In MWO

Hi all

I have to agree with Bear and add my own two cents to this discussion. I'd been binge-drinking for 30 years and knew that booze and I had to part company - no moderated drinking for me. I had to abstain - I hated the taste anyway - I only ever drank for effect. When I originally read the book almost four months ago now .... I did the program to the letter, ie. got the topamax, L-glutamine, supplements, tapes, exercised for a while. and it worked ! Of course, me being me, after a while I got lazy. I stopped listening to the tapes, ran out of the supps and relied only on the topa. One day the cravings came back big time and I had a big "session" . It was a crushing wake-up call for me.

I have to say that, for me, while topa is probably the most essential part of the program, I need the other parts as well. It's a holistic (I hate that word.. lol.. I feel like a hippie) program..

It's tough sometimes.... I have to be carefu. I have a hubby who likes to party and as I said in another post.. I just got a new kitten and when she did her first poo in the kitty litter I felt like a beer... truly !!!!

Mish

Comment

I'm new here

Re: Thanks

hi dunnock
      thanks for your suppot, god i need it, listen guys I did not have a drink last night! not one fantastic i have started on the supps that I have and am still waiting for the tapes can't wait thanks for being there will let you know and good luck to you regards
      terssy

Comment

I'm new here

Re: Investing in MWO

Lori,

I don't think I can point to a single piece of MWO and say, "this worked the best in controlling my drinking." For me it's a cumulative effect, each piece supporting the other where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. I once likened the components of the program to the foundation of a house. With all of them in place you are extremely strong, but start to remove them and the foundation begins to weaken. Your ability to remain standing, and hence sober, less certain. Bear has already provided the arguments necessary regarding the financial tradeoffs of drinking versus the program, but let me just add, money is transitory, sobriety--if successfully achieved--is forever.

That being said, I do believe that most people have found certain components of the program particularly useful in helping them through short-term cravings. For some it is popping open a kudzu or l-glutamine capsule under their tongue, for others it is listening to the CDs, for others still it is exercise. What will work for you is a personal discovery.

Ultimately though, I believe the one thing that "worked best in controlling my drinking" was me. That may sound trite, but I believe this with every ounce of my being. No program, no supplements, no drugs, no CDs, no exercise routine, no nothing would have allowed me to gain my sobriety if I had not made the complete and total commitment to myself to do it. I hated what I was doing to myself and to the people I loved, I hated that alcohol was controlling my life, I hated feeling guilty about it all the time. And so I decided to take my life back and promised myself I would succeed. And it wasn't the kind of promise we've all made so many times after a bad night of drinking where we say, "I'll quit" or "I'll cut back," only to break those promises that very same evening. This was the kind of promise you lock away so deep in your heart and soul and make yourself so accountable to, you'd never forgive yourself if you broke it. MWO gave me the tools, but without my head and heart 100% committed to doing this for myself, nothing would have worked.

Amy

Terssy...congratulations on last evening...isn't an utterly fantastic feeling to wake up clear headed, knowing you didn't drink last night? Makes you feel like you just conquered a mountain, doesn't it? Day-by-day...and each one does get easier.

Comment

I'm new here

Investing in MWO

This has been an amazing topic to read. I so agree with the notion that the investment is for the future (our LIVES) and the dividends are priceless. Yes, the program is expensive but not when compared to the "toll" it cost to travel up and down the lonely road of drinking. Everything that everyone said - waking up without having to wonder what I did or said the night before, feeling the pride of my family, who appreciate how hard I'm trying, the knowledge that I can make the future a WHOLE lot better, etc. Yes, the price of MWO is small indeed when I look at it from that perspective.

Terssy - its fantastic you didn't drink! Pat yourself on the back and I'll pat myself on mine. It's been 5 days since I drank and I just ordered all the supplements and Topamax so we'll be a good support to one another.

Again to all: thanks for being here. It means a lot to me.

Kathy

Comment

I'm new here

Re: New here too - checking out the system

Every vitamin shop in New York sells everything you need. Try a store called Belle Bates on Reade Street or Windsor Chemists on Broadway. Event the chain store Vitamin Shop carries everthing you needs. I have no trouble at all finding everything. It's not a problem in New York

Comment

I'm new here

topomax

Be really careful about taking drug w/o doctor supervision. Very serious side effects pertaining to visision

Comment

I'm new here

Re: Investing in MWO

Hi Kathy
                well done have you done this without any supps and meds? if you have well you are certainly on the way, I feel fab next day when I wake up wth no hangover , I just need to get over the 6pm craving then I will be on my way, were are you in the world? I am in Liverpool
                thanks for your support
                Terssy

Comment

I'm new here

Re: topomax

hi 4siamese
                  this is my main fear as my vision is not very good anyway,what has happened to you can you tell us, thanks for the info
                  and good luck
                  regards
                  Terssy

Comment

I'm new here

having tuff time

I'm not an authority, far from it. I'm still drinking. fighting for an inch of sobriety let alone a day. you are ahead of me because you have had one night without drinking.

I've started the Topa and some of the supps. I'm waiting for the cds: due to arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't know whether to start to from scratch or keep going from where I am. 3 doses so far.

I'm taking topa via a psych: he scared me regarding the vision side effects.

Comment

I'm new here

Potential visual side effects

Info about this is in the book and included in research links above. It's something to monitor, particularly first month. Specifics are in the medicine's insert sheet; can also be found online here. Very good that your doc has made you aware of this. As always, an informed and sensible approach is prudent.

RJ

Comment

I'm new here

I AM NEW TO THIS SITE, NEVER HAD SOMEONE ELSE THAT UNDERSTOOD I AM DRINKING AS I WRITE THIS I NEED HELP, AS I AM ON ANTIDEPPRESENTS, AS WELL, I STRIPED ON THE DRUG AND DRINKING I KISSED SOMEONE ELSE ALL IN THE SAME WEEK, BUT I LOVE MY HUBBY ALWAYS I NEED HELP, I NO THIS IS ALCHOL, BUT I JUST NEED SOME ONE 2 TALK 2, THANK ANY 1 4 ANY HELP XX

Comment

Working...
                        X