Its eating me up inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its eating me up inside

Best of Luck Karl, really hope everything works out for you. You CAN do it, take the first step and talk to that shrink.
    Rooting for you here in Rainy Ireland.

Comment

Its eating me up inside

wow you sound like me ten months ago,nice to meet you,you seem to have caught it b4 it blows up in your face,limit yourself you say you have done it,as far as your x s mother youve done what you did and apoligised,not much else you can do,you mite also try AA but if your not willing to give your all its useless,so your a poker player eh,i use to play all over online,jinxdog was the name,but like everthing else i did it to much,i find after goin to a sanitarium for addictions has helped me the most,they promote the 1st 3 steps of AA but cant totally focus on it,but they do put your life into a new perspective or did at the place i went to,people from all over the world go there and the waiting time is several months,i found i was very fortunate to get into that facility,but i also had benefits,so the best advice i could give you if all have failed is open your heart and put your self in a program gyco

Comment

Its eating me up inside

Hi Karl, you sound like you could be my twin!
        My life seems to revolve around drinking , smoking, but I play online bingo rather than the poker.... lost ?100's whilst on a binge..always seem to think 'hey I'll win it back..' yeah, right!
        Ive been told that Im a completely different person in drink by my partner, my parents and my son.
        Try the health store link and get some supplements to help wiht the cravings.
        I hope your appointment with doc goes well
        Best Wishes,
        Chelle
        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Its eating me up inside

hi all thankyou all for replying. im not drinking tonight so i have my head screwed on a little better. i didnt get a chance to call anyone today as most of the day i was asleep.. but tomorrow is a new day and im going to venture into the city so its top on my list to call the srink. ill keep you all posted..

thankyou all for your support..

karl

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Comment

Its eating me up inside

Well done karl for staying sober today, let us know how you are getting on.
            We are here for you
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Its eating me up inside

Hi Karl,

Good luck! :l

Comment

Its eating me up inside

Karl, Never think that you don't belong here, because it is exactly where you belong... for encouragment and support. I feel for your predicament. I am a totally different person when I drink. Instant asshole just add alcohol. It has always been that way and I was forever afraid of what I might of said and done when in a black out. Here is where you can share your thoughts and feelings and get feedback from people just like you who care and are not here to condemn! Please don't go away, this site really does make a difference. I do well when I follow the program, but I have a problem with following through anything, but the best I can do is to keep coming back, posting, replying, listening, taking what I need and hopefully extending a hand to someone else in need.

Stick around,

Love and light,
                FROGZ~

Comment

Its eating me up inside

Hey Frogzter, how are you doing?
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Its eating me up inside

Welcome back Karl,

I think Startingover has given you fabuous advice. As I was reading the front end of this thread, I was thinking "write it all down, that's easier than saying it aloud sometimes" and then voila, Starting states the very thought on the next post. We all can write - we're doing it here. In addition to writing for your Dr., perhaps you should start a daily log - a personal journal that chronicles your days. Look back after a few days and you may see patterns. You may have to change some patterns if you truly wish to change behavior. Just something you might want to try.

Vera-b.

Comment

Working...
                    X