Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1205009 wrote: PF - I'm still up & glad I am.......
    Kudos to you for thinking it all the way through - you won a major battle tonight, I'm proud of you

YES, THE BOOZE BRAIN WILL QUIET DOWN!

Honestly if it didn't I would have given up ages ago!
    For me I felt a big change around the 3 month point where I realized that I just didn't even think about drinking anymore. I was totally over it in just 3 months. You will begin to feel just a bit stronger in your commitment each & every day. Give yourself this chance now so you don't ever have to go through this again
    You won't be sorry!
    What Lav said for sure, it does indeed quiet down, and NOT drinking becomes as much of a habit as drinking used to. I still have my occasional "flare up/urges" but for the most part are easy to put out.

I wish you strength in your journey......good idea to put the goals in your siggy.....:goodjob:
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Ronnie, 30 days seems like a long way off right now. So good to read your posts about the monster hanging on for grim death, yesterday was a massive struggle for me (Day 15 today), you've put things back in perspective. You guys rock!
      AL free since 24 October 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am sooo happy for everyone! You might have other challenging days-no, you will. But today you just got alot stronger.

Stuffy head tonight and I woke up
        I hope to get back to sleep

Blondie when those thoughts occur to me I immediately imagine me sober and how wonderful thxgiving will be

Print out byrdies previous post about thanksgiving scenario I think I will too
        I'm off to find it :-)
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Found it!!!:-)
          This was several pages back- our thanksgiving post from the wise byrdie.

Belle...when you hear me refering to going down the rabbit hole...I am talking about the thoughts that make you want to drink. One thought leads to another, until finally, thoughts are actions and you are sucked in. I noticed it when you mentioned that your 30 days would be up the day before Thanksgiving...and that a glass of wine with the meal would be grand. This will get you in the hole in a hurry....Take the wine off the table (figuratively and literally) and you will be glad you did. It puts you in a state of turmoil. You want Peace, right? Let us go down the rabbit hole together...shall we? There's the family....all gathered, giving thanks. That one glass of wine in front of you. What are you thankful for? blah, blah, blah.....and it goes around. Before you know it the solitary glass of life is gone. Someone pours you another....(oh you shouldn't, but it IS Thanksgiving, after all). If you are able to stop at 2 you are a better person than I am. I would dare to say that even if you didn't have any more....the next day you'd feel the GSR brothers...(Guilt/Shame/Remorse). And alas...this is FRIDAY....the best drinking day of the week! And a day off from work...I bet you go to the store and get some of your old favorites...Then it's the weekend...and then you've blown it totally and why not drink... everyone else is??? The whole holiday thing sucks...all this wine around, why shouldn't I be able to drink like everyone else? The next thing you know, the holidays have come and gone...and you don't even know where they went. You find yourself feeling anxious, alone and depressed....because here you are right back where you started....Day Freakin 1. If you are me, it's was this point I didn't care if I lived or died...everything I had worked for had gone to hell in a basket. BUT, let us back up for a second, and relive this whole thing of my rabbit hole theory. Your 30 day anniversary is celebrated by your friends in the nest! And day 31 is Thanksgiving. You wake up with a clear head and are able to enjoy your food and the people. You are sober now, you don't drink. You don't so much RESIST the drink as you do REFUSE IT...you actually remember the day (what people said) and you are FREE of the demon that wants so badly to live in you. The next day you feel like you've won a victory!! YOU HAVE DONE IT! You've gotten thru your first Turkey Day without AL! On to day 32, and girl I'll tell you, no drink tastes better than being sober feels. By Christmas, instead of being a blurry mess, you will be in control!! No guilt! No Shame! No Remorse! You will never regret being sober. You know how the story ends...make it happen!!! When you feel your thoughts going there....tell yourself NO! HELL NO! And recite the Pledge of Allegience, or name the 7 Dwarfs or Dwarves....google whether it's Dwarfs or Dwarves.....do anything you have to do to get that thought out of your head. Don't go down the rabbit hole. I've been there and trust me, there's no good to be had down there. Keep your quit no matter what or no matter who!!! I'll be perched up on your shoulder and I will knock you up side the head if you think of having a glass of wine!!! Deal??? Love you all!! Byrdie
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

No more rabbit hole for me. Wet day here but busy day ahead and looking forward to it. Happy day/evening to all nesters
            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
              Thanks for all your congrat's I must admit I am very proud of myself and everytime I think about my 30 days it bring a great big smile to my face.
              I have been invited round a friends house this Sunday for a roast dinner but I am glad to say that I am busy this Sunday with my boys sport, as my friend likes a drink or 2 or 3............. and I dont feel ready to be put under that presure, so I know I will be having another A/F weekend.....yey
              Well my feet are hurting and I am very tired so I am going to claim the sofa before my boys do
              Hope you all have a great day/night
              Ronnie
              xxxx
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doesn't this place feel great right now? Any Newbies popping in today would be impressed. It gives each one of us hope for the future as we watch one another progress. Each one, I know is at a different stage on the journey but we all know that 'any' day AF is movement in the right direction. So well done to you all.
                Byrdie, I laughed when you asked what 'wellies' and 'brollies' were....sometimes forget there are so many miles between us and we all have our different ways with words. Wellies are Wellington Boots and Brolly, an umbrella. With our glorious rainy weather here, both come in useful. Maybe you should plan your trip for Spring/Summer when there is more chance of finer weather(but like I said before, no guarantees!).
                Ronnie, have to say, missing out on a roast dinner? That's a bummer! But you could always tell your friend you're ill so that she plates one up for you!.....joking!!! Can you tell I love my roast dinners?:l
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie - Way to go! That was absolutely huge! Good job making the tough decisions and keeping your quit intact! I know you will be beaming this morning! And yes, the voice will begin to subside - a bit more every day - you will for sure notice that the cravings are much less after 30 days....and somewhere around 40 or 50 days, you will actually realize that you have lost count!

I found that the CD's were great in the initial 90 days....if a craving were to come after me, I would run home, lay on the bed with the headphones on, and I would be a zombie shortly after the part about my arms are heavy!!! 60 minutes later, I was calm and collected - cravings were gone.

Hey Ronnie and Lola! Hello Lav and Turn and Nollie! Keep it going Nollie - you are off to a nice start!

Hey Nelz!

Can't Believe - Keep this up and you'll be thinking about a name change - iCANbeleve...or iDObelieve!!

Have a stellar day Nesters! Be calm and stay strong!
                  -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin' all Nesters!

PF, you crack me up "and sucked down enough aminos/glutamine and GABA to chill out a Yeti". What a hoot!
                    Good job on not giving in last night to all who were at the brink of strong cravings. I'lll admit, I've have a few in the past days...not so much that I wanted to drink on that particular day, but that I still see myself having wine on special occasions like the upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, which seem to go hand in hand with indulging. I know, I don't want to go down that rabbit's hole (and I will be reading and re-reading your post about that Bryd), but it seems so ingrained in my brain to drink with the holidays that it is hard to "picture" in my head not to. So I have to visualize myself drinking sparkling water instead of booze and make that into the reality. I know I will be so much better for it afterwards.

Some good news...I have shed a few pounds since I stopped drinking a week ago. That's right, 7 DAY SO FAR as of today. Sleeping really well at night has put a spring in my step. Was up at the crack of dawn and loving that it is a bit lighter in the mornings due to the time change, although not liking the early darkness on my way home but you have to take the seasons as they come. Speaking of seasons, it's like 70 degrees out there today on Boston's northshore, which is unheard of this time of year. I mean, aren't we supposed to have snow?

Great job everyone on your AF journey and a special kudos to Ronnie for hitting 30 days! I hope to be saying that by Dec 1st! Way to go!
                    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Daisy!

We crossed, and actually I did want to shout out to you last night, but got riled up about the wine whine outbreak!

You DO sound like you have had a breakthrough this time; I am so glad you came back to the Nest and have re-committed yourself to being AL-Free.

This time, it's YOUR time!
                      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Hey BA

Congrats on 7 Days!

You are doing GREAT!!
                        -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

gregorino;1205199 wrote: Hi Daisy!

We crossed, and actually I did want to shout out to you last night, but got riled up about the wine whine outbreak!

You DO sound like you have had a breakthrough this time; I am so glad you came back to the Nest and have re-committed yourself to being AL-Free.

This time, it's YOUR time!
                          Hope so Cap'n G! Don't worry, I understand when duty calls - you must prioritise!!!
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Cap'n G! I really appreciate the support from all of you. We're all in this together and I couldn't do it without the help of my pals on MWO.

Good luck to everyone today and I'll check in tonight. Today's is sort of my "Friday" since I have worked for 5 days straight through the weekend (that's retail folks), so I'm looking forward to a few days off Wed/Thurs. Usually, tonight would be a heavy drinking night for me since I knew I wouldn't have to go to work in the morning, but tonight will be different. Geez, kinda wish I had today off since it's so mild out...would be a great beach day!
                            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to everyone starting their day, it's time for bed for me and I have made 3 days. I am sooooo proud cos it's years since I have achieved this long. I have been reading all the posts over and over and over, so just wanted to say thank you to everyone really for the help and motivation I have found here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters. It looks to be another beautiful fall day around here and I am looking forward to it. Thank you Cap'n G, Byrdie, lolab, lav and everyone else out there. I feel better and stronger today and appreciate you kicking my arse yesterday to get my head out of the "rabbit hole". It really did work. I know I am a strong person and I know I can do this. It truly helps reading all of these posts and motivates me. I am looking forward again to hosting Thanksgiving and I know I can do it. I am looking forward to getting up at 6:00 am to put the turkey in. Well, maybe not THAT excited. But I look forward to feeling chipper that morning. Well, off to the gym. Have a beautiful day everyone. Will check in later.
                                "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Working...
                                X