Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Cap'n G for your encouragement. It means so much. I felt really good today and you are so right. I feel stronger and have not had one minute of craving today. Worked out and took 2 walks. I feel good and tired. You know, the healthy kind of tired where you just want to crawl into bed with a good book and sleep soundly. Actually, I am on my way now. 'Night everyone. Don't let the bedbugs bite.
    "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greg, you're making me blush
      I think we have a terrific group of nestlings right now ~ makes my job easy!!!

Hi to PF, Blondie & mightymite! Glad to hear your progress reports

Time is flying by again this week - tomorrow is hump day already!!!
      Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone,

Newbie in the house! I am definitely a wine guzzler too. Polished off three bottle last night - broke a glass - hit my head on the table trying to clean it up - how glamorous am I? But today is day one. I've done this before and managed moderation okay for a while - but I can feel myself backwards very quickly. Being here is a way to start moving forward. Looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully offering some support to all the newbies out there like me :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Julz!

Just stopped back in to wish the nest a good night.

Day 13 done and dusted.

Onward. :-)
          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Don't know how I missed it before but I've just seen Byrdies rabbit hole post. Really helped put things straight for me, thank you so much Byrdie xx
            AL free since 24 October 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm probably being blonde - where do I find the toolbox?
              AL free since 24 October 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nollie - I found it under goals > monthly abstinence as a sticky. Hope that is what is meant by "toolbox"

Comment

Newbies Nest

gregorino;1205540 wrote: I am also a fan of cleansing - colon and liver especially. The colon cleanse will allow us to better absorb the supplements, and the liver cleanse - well, that goes without saying, right?!
                  Cap'n G - morning! I'm working up to a liver cleanse. I've had a couple of colon hydrotherapys in the past and have researched a fair bit on the liver cleanse. Have you done one, two, three?

My plan is 30 days AF - give time for those pesky cravings to calm down so they don't interfere. I have Chinese herbs waiting (from sensiblehealth.com) which seem to, from what I've read, enable me to do just one liver cleanse, and for that to be ok.

From other things I've read (basically Andreas Moritz) he seems to say that doing just one is worse than not doing any, and that you'd need to continue until the whole liver is clear. That's why I haven't done it so far as from my calculations, I would need to be AL clear for at least a year to complete it. I wasn't ready before now. I was going to start a thread when I begin to see if anyone else has had experience of them, but was just wondering if you'd done any as you mentioned them.

:thanks: Cap'n - oh and have a great day you and all nesters
                  You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                    Thank you all for such words of encouragement. I am 1 day AF! Feel really really tired. My whole body aches and I want to crawl back to bed for tiredness. I am sure some of it is my little girl up in the middle of the night for a while. Blocked stuffy nose- poor mite. I also found it really hard to sleep last night and stayed up until 12. Anyone else had this? Any tips to combat this.

Julz- we are close in Starting days- want to be buddies?!

I am thinking of writing in a journal to help my thoughts and feelings. Also to document when I am most week. I do think I have identified it as the time Baby is asleep. I know hubby is on his way home and dinner is on. But I am sure some days the cravings are more than others.

I also need to make a plan- atm- just one day at a time!

I have a friend coming over for lunch- so wont be on much until post lunch. Luckily she is pregnant and so no booze.

Hope everyone is doing well. i am just learning people's names and stories so sorry not to post personally.

I think this you guys are really going to help me. I feel different about giving up AL this time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Minstar, well done on getting your day 1AF! For me personally, when I stop drinking it can take me a while to get back to going to bed at a sensible hour. I am a night owl anyway so for me an early night would be 1am. At the minute I am making 2-3am. I know this will improve with more AF time. After drinking so much nightly for so long I suppose it is the body getting used to setting it's clock without Alcohol interfering.
                      I am also using exercise to help this along - the more exercise you get, the more tired and hence a better night's sleep. As I have been sitting up so late, I upped the exercise. I also feel this is a key component in staying AF. It needs to be something that we carry on as part of our AF lifestyle. I swim 3 to 4 times a week, but this week have started to incorporate cross-trainer and exercise bike. Last night slept the best since AF.
                      Hope this helps.....
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters. Welcome Julz. You have come to the right place. Be sure to check out the tool box. Make a plan for yourself and write down a list of tools to help you when the devil comes a 'nockin. It really, really helps. And of course, keep coming on here. You will find so much support and compassion.

Nollie, I think I found on another post that you are on day 15 and finding it a bit difficult at the moment. I am on day 18 so not much further than you. I found the exact same thing happen and thought I was going to cave in. But I came on here and found the support and got some good arse kicking and now I feel great and much stronger. Remember, those blues will pass.

Minstar, congrats on day 1. You will feel tired and out of sorts and I am sure it is especially hard with a baby too. If I could take back those days that my boys saw their mom in not the best light, I would erase them all. I am sure if you asked all of us "older" parents what we regret, we would say having our children see us not at our best. You are doing great and stay strong.
                        Well, off to the gym. Another beautiful day here today. Have a fantastic day everyone!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

So true MM. Biggest regret in life I didn't bother to fight sooner for my kids sake - so many wasted moments cos I was in an A haze.
                          Day 4 almost done -well, it will be once I turn the light and laptop off.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats lilla on day 4! Keep it goin' and stay strong.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Do it for the little one - so that the mom they remember is the one they want to remember.

And good morning Nesters! Today is Day 14 and I woke up with an insane amount of perkiness.

Someone is going to net me and haul me off...but I am insanely chipper this morning. Is this what happens when you have had real sleep and no AL for enough time the fog starts lifting?

This has to be a one off. But I am annoyingly perky. If I were someone else - I'd be telling me I haven't had my coffee and take my irritating self elsewhere or get stuffed.

Anyway - maybe the Vitamin B supplementation is finally building up in the blood and the tissues...that would explain ridiculous energy...and a lack of anemia.
                              That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                              Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nestlings!

PF-It's great to hear that you are so chipper! I have been feeling that way myself and lately at work I have been around some folks with their grumpy pants on and I feel and though I haven't helped the cause but so what, I feel good! B Vitamins will definitley give you an energy boost! Way to go!

For me, I'm waking up to day 8 and feeling great! I have today and tomorrow off from work, even better! And an added bonus, it is sunny and beautiful out, what more could a girl ask for?

I stayed up late last night reading. Decided I need to get the Jason Vale book next chance I get. Is anyone here reading it? I snuck a few preview pages on Amazon and I'm hooked. People have said that it is life changing. I'm intrigued.

Oh, outside right now is the recycling pick up truck. Not so many bottles this Wed as last. As some of you know, it was this morning last week that I came on here and started out on day 1. I had a splitting headache at the time from drinking my last bottle of red wine. That's right...my last.

Welcome to Julz and hi to everyone else around today. Make it a wonderful AF day!
                                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                                :h

Comment

Working...
                                X