Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Go Prairie! Sound like you are so determined 25th will be here in No time at all. please do remind me you wrote this and so I can come back and read when I am doing the same! LOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF

Take a look at this program:
      Habit Busting Secrets by Lee Milteer

You might think it looks/sounds a little cheesey BUT it honestly worked for me

I found the Habit Busting program just before I found MWO & it's a good thing I did!!!!!
      I knew I had to rid myself of the habit of negative thinking so that I could finally get a grip on the rest of my life

All of our bad habits are learned behaviors ~ we can unlearn them & it's actually pretty easy!
      I worked the program religiously for 21 days & emerged feeling that I could do anything!!!!!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW what a post PF.....YOU GO GIRL :l
        I love your attitude you will go all the way honey xx
        It is so good to read other peoples post's, they give me such a boast especially if you are getting tired of this struggle.
        Life here is good another morning with a clear head......LOVE IT..........
        Busy day here today with the boys sport and all so hopefully I will catch you all later
        Take care my lovlies xxxx
        :dancin: enguin:
        starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday Night everyone!

PF-Great post...you're kickin' AL's sorry arse...you go girl, do it! Very inspiring post!

Lav, thanks for that link, I'm about to check it out.

Bryd, another great inspiring post from you also. I can so relate to the 30 day bargaining pitfall. I did that a bit further along than 30 days, more like 70 days, when I bartered with myself while on vacation and thought I could leave the AL in the Caribbean and guess what, the bastard followed me back home to New England and continued to stay for the summer and part of the fall until I kicked it's arse out on the cold hard pavement!

Windy, well done on 45 days! Awesome!

Hi to all the newbies and I'm so happy to see you with us. Like Bryd said, everyone here wants you to succeed! Keep strong through the weekend.

Gotta work real early tomorrow and then off to go pick out a new oven with hubby. Wish me luck for a Veteran's Day deal or something...

Have a great night in the nest!
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Friday night, finishing up day 2....I have been close to tears a couple of times today for no real reason, feeling emotional and very tired... but I have just got caught up on all the posting and feeling so less alone... I am so happy I found this site..

PF what a post ... very inspiring ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have a plan

Hello to everyone in the Nest on this windy Friday night (west coast Canada)

I just popped in to read some posts for inspiration, and to say that I will not drink tonight.

I am meeting some friends for a soccer fundraiser at a pub... $15 for a burger and a beer. So my plan is to enjoy the burger, pass on the beer to one of the guys and drink diet pepsi! Well, maybe water after 9pm so I'm not up all night. Now that I've said it, that AL voice that says "you can just have the beer, just don't have anything else" can shut up. For me, that one beer would not be enough anyway. Luckily my friends know my situation and a few won't be drinking either. Whew, I feel better.

Have a sober and safe night!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Herbie and Today - you can do this. When you feel like breaking - find a mantra that means something tk you and say it again and again- even if just in your head - until you are strong enough to fight it off.

One of us says "I love my daughter more than AL."

I hate losing. Too competitive by half really. So I just say "I am stronger than AL" and eventually I either develop a spine or I get pissed off but either way - I dig in my heels and fight through it.

Whatever works for you is what counts.
                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dropping by to wish everyone a safe night in the Nest!

I hear a lot of positive thinking & planning go on here & that's great!
                  Make yourselves proud

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 16 - done and dusted. :-). Yay!!!!

Onward - right now - to bed.
                    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning chaps. I got through Day 5, go me! So onto Day 6 ..... Another hard day to get through. I'm still really resentful,of my husband right now over the quitting thing and it being Saturday, he's home all day. Things are a little tense to say the least, so I'm trying to think of something fun to break the ice a bit. Tomorrow will also be hard as he's working, so whilst I won't have to worry about tension, I will be pissed off at being left on my own with the kids 6 days a week, for like the 8th week running (bar one week a couple weeks ago).

A new thing: my mouth has broken out in ulcers. Did anyone else have this?

Hope everyone's ok and talk soon x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
                        It is so great to see everyone doing so well.
                        I got very stressed out today and very pissed off with one of the umpire's at the teeball of which I was coach and all I wanted to do was get home here and have a drink, which made me more stressed out as I was getting really angry with myself for even having those thoughts. Sometimes I just wished all these urges will go away and leave me alone !!!!!!! You would think that after 34 days it would get easier but sometimes I think it is getting harder, but that leads me back to the 30 days thing where your brain is telling you that you have been really good so why not treat yourself to a couple of drinks. But I know it would be more than just a couple......
                        Well I am now on my 2nd cup of coffee and I know I will not drink tonight....although I might be up all night....lol but at least I will be sober.
                        I have to keep reminding myself that I am strong and that I will NOT be beaten.
                        Well thats my rant over with (for now anyway....lol)
                        Thanks for listening guys
                        Love
                        Ronnie
                        xxxxx
                        :dancin: enguin:
                        starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters,

Yeah I think the 30 day mark is a time to be on high alert. I'm nearly there and I have found the last couple of days v difficult. On Friday's my favourite radio station do a wine show and I'm often in the car at that time. I listened to the first minute and I felt like crying, I switched stations and the next station was also talking about AL!!! I have a party tonight that I can't get out of. I'm feeling ok about it at the moment. It will be a BIG drinking party but I've decided we will drive home tonight even though its nearly 2 hours away. I've bounght a fab LBD for it and I'm getting my hair styled later so I know at least I'll feel good about how I look. I think for me when I go out sober that is very important to give me more confidence. I'm also doing a similar detox to blondie and eating mostly vegan food, I've also been reading a lot re a course in miracles, Its such a coincidence but I guess we are all in a period of huge change and looking for natural and healthy ways to heal. I will NOT drink today or tonight and I feel pretty good about it xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday Nestlings!

Early rise for me and I'll be out the door in a few moments for work but wanted to check in with you all to proudly state that I am waking up to a bright and bushy DAY 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feeling really great this morning realizing that it is only getting better and better. Almost to the 2 week mark, YAY!!!!!! Well done on everyone for making a sound plan and sticking to your AF guns!

Hope everyone has a successful Saturday. I woke up this morning remembering in the not to long distant past how I used to loathe waking up early on Saturday hungover and having to go into to open the store. Now I am ready to take on the world! (After I finish my coffee that is...lol)

I will check in with you when I get home tonight, meanwhile, be safe and use the butt velcro and gorilla glue if and when you NEED it! Love to all
                            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Up and at 'em Nesters....

I'm more than a tad worried about the 30 day mark too....catch myself (like everyone) wanting to mod...

But - before I get my britches in a twist over what hasn't happened yet - let's kill the first 30 and then see how I feel...because really - It's not like there aren't significant reasons I might slip between now and the end of 30. No sense in overlooking the next two weeks because I'm worrying about a horizon I haven't gotten to yet...

One day at a time. Let's get this day started shall we?

Day 17 - BATTER UP!
                              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning All... cold morning here in the hills of MO... first day of hunting season and everyone is all a buzz... the woods are full of city folk camping and waiting...I myself do not hunt and can't wait for the invasion to be over. I am on the start of day 3!!!! I am getting 100 bales of hay in this morning to round off my needs for winter... then after that I think I will go to town and get my nails done, something I have not done in a long time...

Readying about the 30 day urge to reward with a drink...I like what PF said... read the following some time ago from Eckhart Toll.. and thought about it after the 30 day worries

The false self lives mainly through memory and anticipation. Past and future are its main preoccupation. The present moment, at best, is a means to an end, a stepping stone to the future, because the future promises fulfillment, the future promises salvation in one form or another. The only problem is the future never comes. Life is always now.

Comment

Working...
                                X