Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Howdy Jake it's great to have you here in the nest!!! Get comfy and settled in!!!

Choppers....you are always so positive and friendly to everyone, I love reading your posts!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lil, begins, SD, rose, chops and anyone else who pops in today! And welcome to Jake!:welcome:

Thank you guys for your kind words. This is a really great place to come home to after work! I made yet another day AF.

I'm one tired gal today, so I may actually hop on a twig early, maybe read a book on bird calls or worm varieties or some such thing like that!:H

PR, You didn't have to work today, did you? You seem to work all the time!

'Night all!
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm not new, but back again and I've never been to the newbies nest. Good idea. I will try to check in everyday here and the ODAT thread too.

Jake...I've seen your posts in Just starting out. Come back and talk to us.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Brightlite! :welcome: to the Nest. It is a wonderful place to be. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Get some rest Dill....we have to fight the battle again tomorrow!!! You'll need your strength!

Welcome to the nest Brightlite!! There's always room for more!!! Happy you are here!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi chopsmom (cute new picture), rrose, dill, lil, brlight, big j, sheely, sdlove, renew (sorry if I missed anyone!
              Again thanks for the welcome. Day 2 on the site for me. supplements on the way, weaning off in the meantime (aiming for 1-2 per day for a week so I can go off without major w/drawal), getting my plan in order, doing pretty good.
              Amazing thing...for the first time in years I didn't race home feeling I NEED a glass of wine, wanted one but didn't NEED one! I feel like there is hope and all the support and stories have given me hope and made this madness less mad and less lonely!
              Peace, I'm grabbing an early twig too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you beginning.....that is good to hear that you are working your plan!!! Settle in, get some rest and let's have at it again tomorrow!!!! Sleep tight my little chick-a-dee's!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - lots of newbies in the nest - welcome!

I'm in the Southern Hemisphere, so quite often am going to bed when you all get up and vice versa. Just wanted to have a quick stopover, am doing fine and seems everyone else is? Gotta fly, Bxx
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Wow!! All kinds of newcomers to the nest....I gotta go out and get some more twigs. It is wonderful to have you all join our family and as 'your pops' I encourage you to pull up a twig and stay a while......this is a close knit bunch full of warmth, comfort and support. Again....welcome! Well, I'm gonna be gone at work the next few days/nights, so keep the place in order for me....and by all means, keep an eye on 'my G'....
                    Papa R....and G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Again :welcome::welcome::welcome: all newcomers!!!
                      I honestly think once people get on this and read even a few pages...they can just tell how comforting and inviting this place is...I don't think I've hardly ever missed a day here in 3 months!!! I love coming here not only for support but (hopefully) now to offer encouragement to others on their journey....I think I tell every newbie that flies in..."you'll love it here....it's a great place to be." Maybe I should make it my bumper sticker thing at the end of my page :H You all know what I'm talking about right?? Those cool quotes people have on their pages??? Rambling aren't I???? Alright....twig time for SD.....nighty night folks!!
                      SD:l
                      Day 22 :moon: to alcohol!!!
                      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters and welcome to you, brightlite! :welcome:

Well, I got to bed early and I'm up early and I'm feeling much better. Yesterday was a good day, but the stress at work got the better of me by the time I left. Tough to unwind. It was cloudy, drizzly and windy out, so a walk was out of the question. I spent time reading on MWO and then with a sudoku puzzle, then some knitting. Hey, lets have this be a "name your hobbies" day in the nest! It would be a nice way to get to know a little bit about some of you newcomers.
                        :
                        I hope you all have a good day!
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Feeling a little less foggy these days and hopeful.
                          I like it...hobbies! I'm a graduate student and mom so that leaves little free time! when I can: yoga, reading, biking, playing with my daughter, drawing,...used to be drinking wine...oh right that was just a side kick to the other activities (well not yoga or biking).Guess that's off the list.

I have a question about sleep:
                          When do you start sleeping better again? I heard (and had the experience) that if I drank a few or so I would fall to sleep hard and fast, sleep about five hours then have a hard time getting back into a deep sleep. Last two nights with minimal alcohol (remember I'm weaning down for a week), I don't think I got much deep sleep at all. I'm worried I won't sleep at all when I stop...or do the supllements help?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Peeps,

:welcome: Big jake. There's a OD (old dog)twig over there just for you!

Bright :welcome: I'm see you on the boards. Glad you've found the nest.

SweEty-:wavin: waving to you from acrooss the ocean. It's always nice to see you here. How is school going?

Dilly-You get the gummy worm this morning. With hubby and me both retired, I'm trying to learn to sleep in a little bit. So I did the opposit of you. I stayed up late and managed to sleep in until almost 6:30. I'm glad your feeling better today. It's suppose to be sunny and warmer. That's always such a help. It's been a long winter!

Beginning-I went cold turkey so I'm afraid I can't help you with the meds. I think Dill and some of the others can help you with that. I weaned myself down for about a week before I stopped. I think I started sleeping better by the end of 2 weeks.

Rodeo-You're sounding positive. Good for you. Hang in there. It really does get better. I say that a lot but it does.

My hobbies-Actually I just love being out side as much as possible. Gardening, I have a small pond with fish and lots of flower beds. Biking, Motorcycle riding and camping. Bought a small camper to pull behind our cycle and hope to do some traveling and camping this summer. In the winter my hobbies are smoking too much and spending a lot of time here at MWO. :H

Hi to SD and Chops, I know you 2 will be here soon. I'f I havn't already cross-posted with you!
                            and to anyone I may have forgotten.

I hope everyone has a good day.
                            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nest,

Thank you all for the big welcomes. Day 2 for me.

Hobbies: Yoga, Zumba, Drawing (beginner), knitting (only occasionally)

I know about the withdrawl and sleeping problems. I have melatonin and 5http suppliments from the health food store that seem to work. When I don't drink I also begin to have more dreams and also some nightmares. How about anyone else?

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hobby is reading....I love reading!! And being on the computer of course!! I'm addicted to you guys!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X