• Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thank you Byrdlady for the support!
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok - stressed to the max about tomorrow - not to the drive out and drink stage - early enough to catch it with the Glut/GABA/amino's - hang tight to take effect - then dinner.

Kind of cool - saw a trigger as it was starting. YAY!

Small win - but will take it...off to surf the wave before it get's big
      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone I love reading your post!
        I am on Day 1 again, but I can determined for it to be my last day one!
        Will come back when I have more time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF thanks for the post on the hypno CDs... it was very helpful...I ordered the 4 tapes from MYO... I just got them and started with the first one last night and then went to the sleep one... starting again this evening but going from 1 to 2 etc... I will be thinking of you all day on Monday...

I'll be back later... going to go fix dinner... so nice to spend a Sunday without AL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie, I will also be thinking of you tomorrow, and hope your news is better than expected.

I can't say tonight has been easy, but I can say that day 3 AF is safely in the bag. For tonight, that's enough, and I'm thankful.
            ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
            -----------------------------------
            Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey! I hope to find some time tomorrow am to do a better check in.

But had to put herbies mind at ease...in the post you referred to I was not-so-successfully trying to refer back to one of prairie's early posts to remind her how bad things were...

So she's the one who had the tough time with her boyfriend... Believe me if I had had a tough phone call with my boyfriend I'm pretty sure I WOULD have needed a drink afterward- and so would my husband!!! LOL

Goodnight everyone
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

LoLab... sorry for the miss read... !!!! Happy all is well

Nighty Nighty fellow nesters

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday evening Nesters and I hope everyone is settled in to the nest safely!

Herbie, thanks for your words of support from earlier today...yes, I want so much to be happy where I am at 1/1/12...and not starting over from scratch in my AF journey! 30 days will be Dec. 1st...my eyes are on the prize!

Irie, I just wanted to say well done on your 3 days and I so agree with what you said about taking it one day at a time. Sometimes, for me, it's one hour . Keep on adding up those AF days!

And Mya, congrats on Day 1! Here's to making it the final day 1 Stay strong and be good to yourself. It only gets better...
                  Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                  :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all -

Very anxious about tomorrow...but I am going to keep my supplements close and hope for the best. I am going to pray my distress tolerance that I have worked so hard to shore up - is ready for this - whatever this is.

In the meantime - Herbie - I'll be super curious what you think about the Hypnos. I had the benefit of a professional training me in going under - I'll be curious what you think when you are doing it from the start without it. Also - how long it takes before you feel like you notice changes.

You are our reporter from the new to Hypno's side Herbie - how fun - a totally fresh perspective. And it's possible without having had the benefit of someone taking you under and doing that work - it may be much harder - so I am super interested. :-)
                    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Popping in to say good night
                      Hope everyone is tucked in for a safe night in the nest!

PF, wishing you well tomorrow & please remember that some things are just out of our control. However, we do have control of how we choose to react :l

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav -

Thank you. I will do the best I can - I only hope it's enough and the right thing.

I thank each and every one of you. Your support and well wishes mean the world.
                        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning.
                          i am having a really hard time on this morning of my 4th day.
                          i'm exhausted, yawning the whole time, short tempered with the kids.
                          i am set im my mind not to drink--but i wish it didn't always have to be such a concentrated conscious effort not to drink. i'm so sick of spending so much friggin' time thinking about alcohol.
                          i so look forward to having some real time af under my belt.

i've read all of your posts and have gained a lot strength as well as many great coping strategies.

so once again THANKS!!!!!

most recently the reassurance from prarie that it does get easier after the first couple of weeks.
                          and from byrdie about dismissing the thought of a drink and not dwelling.
                          i am with you all in spirit and sending more vibes of strength to get through this 28th day of november af. to enjoy life and freedom.

will check in again later.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today is day 7, my sleep is not getting any better, sometimes I think it is worse. Yesterday I was anxious, could have been the weather, rain, cloud, darkness just plain crappy. I am still tired, hungry and white knuckling it. I do not think about alcohol as much as I did a week ago, but those cravings are still there.
                            PF all the best today.
                            Keep up the good work to all you Nesters, I look forward to logging in and reading all the achievments.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 18

Good morning!

Life change - Hope you are feeling better. I feel sorry for every mother of young children tying to beat AL!! They are so dependant on us!! And when we are moody or drunk it has an influence... Very heavy burden indeed! But I tell myself it is for te beter and I am determined that I will not go through this phase again since I plan to be AF for life. And a little short tempered followed by "I am sorry" is better than the drunk mom that can't remeber when she put them to bed.

I started using L-Glutamine a few days ago and feel it is starting to take effect. I ate less yesterday, but I still strugle to get myself to do exercise!! Walking with the dog in the park doesn't get me in shape. Time to do more!

Have agood day nesters!
                              12-20-2012 AF
                              Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!
                                Just been reading and not really posting as I have had a few busy days. Still AF- think on day 8. Jason Vale book is still going strong. I am still not sure about his writing and some of the points he makes but will continue reading as the overall point is so true. Anyone else think the same?

Just want to also say well done to those nesters that made it through TG AL free! I am hoping for the same at Christmas.

Helle newbies and those that are starting up again. Well done for coming back.

MinStar

Comment

Working...
                                X