Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ok Chopps--In no way am I trying to be nosey but...am I doing the math right??? Are you like 35ish right now???? I'm in no way being judgemental...I promise...don't get me wrong...I'm in awwww!!! Complete amazement, if my math is right...then when you added grandchild...am I wrong?? Because I'm almost 35 myself...and I think I was sometimes TOO young to have kids....lol...it's hard!!! How in the heck did you do it?!?! Big hug!!
    SD
    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
    7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi SD! Yes you are doing the math correctly. I am currently 35 and will be 36 in August. How did I do it? I had amazing support from my family and my his dad's family. His dad had him every other weekend, but didn't make an effort to really be a part of his life as far as sports and all that. It is sad, because their relationship is so strained now.

I was a sophomore in high school when I had him. I did graduate with honors too. It was a total struggle but we made it. I know I made my mistakes but I guess every mom does. Sometimes it's like we are brother and sister!

You are correct again that I have a grandson. He will be 16 months old in a couple of weeks. He is the most adorable kid and is sooo smart.

Hugs back!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all! I guess this is a lot more up and down than I was hoping for! I keep checking the site but don't have much to say...still trying to do better, waiting for supplements, and looking here for words of wisdom.

Oh yeah, I have one 10 year old. Bums me out I can't get it together just for her!

Peace

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, goingtfgreat!

Hi Chops, SD, and everyone else.

Beginning, it is a challenge, to be sure, but it is worth it. I myself had many false starts, but it's important not to give up! Especially for your 10 year old as well as yourself. You know, it takes strength and courage to do this. And things that are worth doing usually take some effort. You can do it!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello my cherubs....been a loooooong day......not going in tomorrow as my body isn't feeling it.....long story, but let's just say I need to R & R it tomorrow, so please keep the nest quiet......neat to hear y'all exchanging 'kid stories'.....don't have kids myself (outside of G), but after working with 100 of them a day for 20 years, I've been 'a surrogate dad to many.........always 'look for, and recognize the good instead of always seeking and reacting to the bad'.......or buy my book when I'm done writing it (ha)........well, have a wonderful night my little ones.
            Me & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Peeps,

Going-:Welcome: The nest is a comfy place to be.

Beginning-Getting sober is not for wimps. As Dill said-it is a challenge, but so worth it. Have you read the toolbox thread in the monthly abstinence section. It will help you deal with cravings and figure out a plan of action. Stay strong, stay positive. You can do this.

Chops-You are aloud to be grumpy once and a while. I, myself have NEVER been grumpy :H :H Actually my emotions were all over the place my first AF month.

SD-I mainly visited the homes when I was with CASA. Occasionally I would visit the schools. I would write a report on the home situation which would then go into the child's file. My interview was almost 3 hrs long. Although the last hr was just the Social Worker and myself, talking and getting to know each other. Some of the home situations were heartbreaking.

Dill-It's Saturday and your day to sleep in but I know you will be here soon. Are your toads still doing their mating calls? I have a small backyard pond with a bull frog. He's been buuurrruppping the last couple of evenings. I've had him about 4 yrs now and don't know how he has survived my cats!

PR-Glad you are listening to your body and staying home today and getting some rest. We will be extra quiet in the nest today. I imagine you are a great surrogate dad. And I can't wait until your book comes out!

Well, peeps, I'm not going to try and wake any one up on a Saturday morning. But hoping everyone a great day.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning,Peeps! And a beautiful Saturday morning it is, here in southern Ohio! Looks like a day to be outside. Lots of things will be in bloom! I noticed the red buds yesterday were in full bloom I love Spring. It's unfortunately my busiest and most stressful time at work, so I really appreciate the beauty of nature when I get my head above water!

Hey Lil! You going to do your motorcycle hobby today? I'll be gardening!

PR, Hmmmmmmmmm. You take it easy. :h Let G take care of you today! I'm with Lil, I can't wait for your book. But how will we know how to buy it? You would have to break your anonymity here. That shouldn't be a problem with us nestlings, but....Well, hopefully we'll work something out! I can tell from your posts here that you are a gentle and caring soul and the children in your care have been blessed.:heart:

Have a great day everyone!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Our Dilly bird has a 30 day anniversary! Congratulations Dill. :wd: :kudos:
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on your anniv, Dill! That's great!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!

Dill, CONGRATS on 30 days!!! You are a true inspiration and I love reading your posts. You always have just the right words to say. Treat yourself to something special today

Hi Lil, sounds like you are doing well this Saturday morning. I am over my grumpiness but I am sure there will be more days to come :H Oh well...ODAT

Good Morning Beginning!

Papa, I promise to help keep it quiet and neat around here. Wishes for some much needed rest for you.

Good morning to all to come and have a great Saturday!

Rodeo...where are you?

Has anyone heard from Lonely One?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!!
                        Just a quick fly by to welcome anyone I've missed, tell Papa R to rest up and Dill CONGRATS on 30 DAYS!!! I too love your posts, as you've often gotten me through several tough days with your supportive and encouraging words!!! Thank you---please do something special for yourself today...trust me I know how trying this time of year can be in the schools....get's very stressful!!!! TREAT YOURSELF---YOU DESERVE IT!! (I wasn't yelling at you---just suggesting loudly :H )

To everyone else--Chopps, Lil, SweEty, Beginning, RR---I know I'm missing peeps...sorry...I'm in such a hurry....store close in like 12 hours:H this chicks has shopping to do!!! I live in SD...much like the MEN the SHOPPING is pretty slim pickins as well!! :H
                        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                        7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Followed the MWO program without the Topa two years ago x soon slipped back into old ways, kidded myself, all the excuses.

Realised the other day (shocking!) I am drinking 3 bottles of wine a night, every night, excluding the one glass my partner has with dinner (kidded myself his glass was really big! still is only one glass out of three bottles)

Checked suppliments, going to try with topa this time, 1st May going for it, got the weekend then a bank holiday to get in the way of thinking before back to work Tues.

Topa, excercise, CD's, determined! Desperate!

Angie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Angie! Welcome back! Sounds like you have a great plan in place. I look forward to getting to know you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank u chopper, I love your avatar I have a springer Spaniel that puts up with me x Want to be good x wanted to moderate but I think I really need to be AF (it's all or nothing!!!) have to make up my mind before 1st May x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Dill x for your 30 day x hope to join you soon x was that AF ? or Mod just want to know coz its hard either way, 1st May thats me!

Comment

Working...
                                X