Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

First day on the site. Not sure how to work everything?

:new:Well here I am. Looking for support. I have been drinking most of my life and I am getting close to retirement and would rather not drink anymore! As all knows this is a tall request, but it is something I want to achieve. It scares me to think of days without going to work for 10 or 12 hours a day. I don't want to fill them with alcohol! So this is where it starts.
    Northwoods

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening everyone,

Angie :welcome: I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Hope everyone enjoyed this lovely day. Hubby and I rode the bike for alittle while this afternoon but also did a lot of yard work. Didn't get it any where near done though.

PR-I scratched "G" behind his ears on one of my breaks. He's curled up on your twig waiting for you to get home.

Dilly, Chops, SD, Sweaty- I hope you all have a good evening.

I'm really tired. It's too late to take a nap and too early to go to bed~~I think I'll just sit on the pouch swing and zone out for a while.
      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Northwoods :welcome: we cross posted
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lil, Chops, beginning, angie and SD! :thanks: Chops and SD, extra thanks for your kind words. I am glad to know that I may have helped someone else along the way as I have been helped, too. You guys inspire me! For today,
          I AM A SUPERSTAR!:H:H
          A big welcome to you angie :welcome:and to you northwoods:welcome:. Hey, north, you have just expressed one of the bigger reasons I am here! Retirement looms! I don't want to fill it with an alcoholic haze!

It's Twig Time: I'll be on the TOTWT tonight (top of the world twig) and will be happy to share it at any time!

PR, we will not only want a copy of your book, we will want it autographed! Hope you are feeling better. Let us know.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello there all.....been a relaxing day....had to call in at work today, so rested with G, watched the NFL draft, and just chilled....had to take a painkiller for 'my body issues', but it did help relax me a bit....Dill, appreciate your kind words. I can honestly say, I did make a difference in many kids lives over the years....heck, one girls family flew me out to Utah for her high school graduation years after she left my program....don't have much $$ to show for my years working with kids, but I do have memories that mean MUCH more!! As for 'the book', it's just in the very early stages....have a loooong ways to go, but it is 'a life goal' that I will accomplish in the not so distant future. Lil, thanks for taking care of G....funny, this morning he woke me at 5:30 a.m., probably assuming it was a work day....'told him' I wasn't going in today....he laid down next to me and we both went back to sleep.....'that's my G'...........well, goodnight my little ones.....sweet dreams.
            Papa R....and G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, this is my 3rd post to MWO forum since I discovered it about an hour ago in my not exactly sober state..the wonders of Google..looking for cheaper Campral and there you were in the results list. I'm so glad I found you.

If you didn't see my other 2 posts, I've been to detox once...1 1/2 yrs ago and heading back again...but this time I'm gonna do what they drilled into me last time: AA, counseling and Rx assistance.

I'm scared or fearless depending on the time of day. Wish me luck, I'll need it where I'm going (the gov't-run facility where judges send mostly Rx addicts..go there or go to jail=they had no plans of quitting..then there's the psych. patients=mostly mellow, but a few cases of pure chaos..and I'm in the middle of all that=interesting times=ancient curse) Wish me luck again.

Thanks and God bless us all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Chris

Good luck, we will be thinking of you, when you come out make sure you keep coming here and maybe download Roberta Jewell's book, it might give you some different ideas on how to deal with things.

:-) there loads on this site to help you

Comment

Newbies Nest

I had never heard of her but rest assured I'll be looking at that book soon as I get out..I'll need constructive ways to fill my new found free time.

Thanks

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chris
                    Welcome to MWO, good luck and make sure to contact when you get out. It will all work out for you if you go with it and accept it, it is the resistance that causes the probs. Thinking of u.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning peeps,

Chris :welcome: and good luck to you. I hope to see you checking back in here once you get out.

PR-glad to see you getting a little R&R with "G". I hope your "body issues" aren't too serious? Spening your time helping kids is great. I think you must have more rewards in your life than money could ever buy.

Well, peeps, it's a beautiful day and I'm heading outside.

Dill, Chops, SD, Sweaty, Beginnings, Rodeo (I'm sorry if I missed anyone) have a great day.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Chris, angie, irish, Lil, PR, and all to come! And a big welcome to Chris! :welcome:
                        We are glad to have you here. You will find lots of support and information. If you are able to get on the internet while in the facility, keep checking in! I can tell by this statement, you are our kind of person!:

I'm scared or fearless depending on the time of day.
                        OK, peeps, coffee's on! Diet pepsi's in the fridge, SD! Hmmm: I see I have some left over mashed potatoes in there, too! OK, potato pancakes for breakfast! I'd like eggs with that, too. Can we eat eggs in the nest?:H
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Dill, lil, PR, SD, irish, chops, rodeo, and all!
                          Welcome to the new nesters (newer than my 5 days here...sound funny but it's feeling pretty homey already)!
                          I'm feeling grateful for a spot in the lovely nest.
                          I'd love some eggs and coffee!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!
                            I can't help myself...I just HAD to check in this morning!!! I just have to see how everyone is doing...and y'all SOUND GREAT!!!
                            Chris---go in scared...we all "go in" scared...only when you are on the "other side" (in control) will you then appreciate it all the more...and KNOW you never want to go back (to living scared)!!
                            Ok--that's all I got time for...we are all getting ready to head to church for the baptism!!! You know...yesterday...all ready to spend spend spend....couldn't find crap that I liked...I must have been trying to hard...why is that?!?!?
                            Have a great Sunday!!
                            SD:l
                            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                            7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters! I hope everyone is off to a great Sunday!

A big, huge, welcome to Chris! Please let us know how things went for you when you return. We will all be here waiting for you and thinking of you when you are gone. Being scared is natural, but you will be a stronger person and armed with the tools to fight this beast when you come home. A big hug:l

Papa, I hope you are feeling less pain today. Good for you for getting the rest you need.

Hello Dill (yes, you are a SUPER STAR ), Lil, SD, Angie, Beginning, PR, Irish, Rodeo (where are you Rodeo?) and all others to follow. Today is my day 8 and I am feeling great!!!

Thanks for the coffee Dill. I will pass on eggs, but take the potato pancakes!

Have a great day all. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

a bit scared

hi , Dill quoted "I'm scared or fearless depending on what time of daY" I totally agree with that x starting my program 1st May x in the mornings Im all up for it x x x let it try to scare me I am strong x by prob 3 or 4 I start to crave x then I start to fear x I am determined to go on my program but I am so fearfull of DT's, what if my topa doesnt work? how the hell will i ever sleep again. How can I control my emotions (that are already on edge) who am I ? its been so long! I wont know how to be me.

Comment

Working...
                                X