Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening everyone! Thank you all for your kind words. You are all so supportive and strong...I love it:h:l

Papa, please take care and don't get the swine flu! Nasty stuff.

Angie, we are all thrilled to have you here.

Dill, I do have Vitamin C and I am arming myself with everything to stop this cold!

Hi Lil, SD, Beginning and all others.

I am off for the night. I am settling in on the PTT (Portland Trailblazers Branch). They must win tonight.

See you all in the morning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there Nesters!!
      I'm flying in quickly and quietly...I'm pretty tired tonight....everyone sounds great! Nice to hear!! Son had a baseball game--they won again!!--yeah! Just a long day today...made another offer on a house (well the same one)...but this FOR SURE is my final offer!!:H FOR SURE!! This time I mean it!!
      Ok...I really need to "hit the twig"...I'm beat! I'll check in again tomorrow...have a great night everyone!!! Sweet Dreams!
      SD:l
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Up North Girl is sharing

I know I have not been in the nest for a couple weeks--just popped in a bit after my last downfall--but wanted to let you all know that I am doing fine. I am on the Antabuse and the Topamax and lots of Vitamin Supplements along with the Antidepressants. I am keeping extremely busy and seeing my therapist twice a week plus attending two meetings a week. I am finally coming to an understanding that I am NOT a terrible person who deserves to have a bad things happen to her, :upset: and I am NOT responsible for others' behaviors and I can NOT let their behaviors control me (AKA known as drinking to make it all go away). There are messed up people out there and it has nothing to do with me. DUH!

I am completely physically healed from the assault but still have trouble sleeping. This too shall pass. No worries.

We had a scheduled vacation several weeks ago, which we extended several days to attend a weekend retreat, which was wonderful. I came back with a new attitude and seem to be approaching life's difficulties in a more positive way (of course, that could be the meds talking). My sense of humor is returning, thank heavens! I need it. :H

Take care all. Hope everyone is hanging in there and I promise to get back in the nest on a daily basis and check in--I like it here--to see how you are faring. Hugs to all, have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Pappa and Sunshine, special hugs to you. Will talk later. Take care.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! Another hopeful day thanks to you all. Congrats to all the AF and moderate Alc days! Good luck to those who are working toward that!

Comment

Newbies Nest

UNG-I'm so glad to hear from you. Of course you are not a bad person. You deserve to have GOOD things happen to you. Other people's behavior is their own responsiblity. People choose how they behave and you are in no way responsible for that. It sounds as if you are working hard and pulling things back together. I've really missed you and your sense humor. Laughter is the best medicine. Come here and we'll laugh a lot!

I know the rest of the newbie's will be rustling their feather's and getting ready to take flight soon. Hope everyone has a great day!
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone, :wavin:, What a great day! We are having incredible Spring weather, and doesn't it feel good to be feeling good to enjoy it! I had the tunes cranking in truck this morning on the way to work, early I might add!, and I caught myself doing some drivers seat boogie! :alf: AngieUK - I love your, "snuggle up in the nest of protection", it's definately the truth, MWO and all of you have kept me 20 days AF and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. :thanks: Oops, I'm at work and getting all choked up.....my sunglasses please! You all said it would get better and it is, everyday is better than the last. I'm off the supp's and meds, flying solo with you as my co-pilot!! Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!!! :rays:
              Only Those Who...Attempt The Absurd...Achieve The Impossible

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the nest Strawman and bdd! :welcome::welcome: Glad to have you in the nest!

And UNG, I DO hope you'll be checking in with us more often. I am with Lil on enjoying your sense of humor and we ALL need laughter. Here's some, just for good measur::H:H:H

Hi, beginning, good to hear you sounding so positive!

angie, I love that avatar. It captures the way I feel at many times in this struggle!!

Well, I'm at work, so I better get off and put my beak to the grindstone!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone! Sounds like a positive start to the day for everyone. I am doing the happy dance because my Blazers won last night!

Hey Strawman and bdd, glad to see you in the nest.

UNG, welcome back!!! Glad to see you again.

Good Morning to Dill, Lil, Angie, Beginning, SD, Papa and all others who are going to fly in.

Coffee is out and SD's diet pepsi Enjoy!

Have a great day! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, nesters, it was kind of quiet here today! I am going to call it a night. It's been another really long day at work. I cam home in a grumpy mood and seem to be stuck in it. Probably best if I hop up on the GIT (grouchy irritable twig) and go to sleep!

Chops, I'm glad your Blazers won.

Leave the light on for PR!

Good night.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

An early tuck in.....goodnight my little ones.....sweet dreams.
                      Papa R

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night PR, Dill, Lil, SD, Chops, Angie, Up North, bdd, strawman, and all....! The supplements (day 2) seem to be toning the urges down a bit. Still working my plan with the support I get here.
                        Peaceful dreams, nesters....:happyheart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Night Nesters!!
                          Sorry no check in today...crazy at work...and on the phone all night with a friend (much younger than myself and single) that just found out she is pregnant. She was a first year teacher for a us a couple years ago...doesn't know how to tell her parents....it's tough but she'll get through it....it's just scary!
                          But I need to get some sleep or I'll be sittin over there next to Dill:H
                          Better take off those grouchy pants....and put on those PARTY PANTS....it's SOMEONE'S BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!! :waving:
                          Good night everyone....sorry to be so brief...
                          SD:l
                          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone,

Just flying by to put on the coffee. Have a busy day with my Mother today.

Have a good one peeps.
                            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Just checking in, it looks like it's going to be another beautiful Spring here. I was stopped by the police this morning, I was supposedly60 mph in a 45 mph. But he only gave me a warning!!!! :happy: So you see...it's true...things do get better!!!! :H I was doing well yesterday, feeling great, really busy at work, and then about 4:00pm I started getting some real cravings. So I ate an orange, and opened up MWO, read and posted a bit, and I was ok going home 4:30pm, and I didn't drink!!!
                              Day 21 AF WOOHOO!!! Hope everyone has a great day!!!!! Let's kick butt, and end April AF.:yay:
                              Only Those Who...Attempt The Absurd...Achieve The Impossible

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

The stomach flu kicked my butt for 24 hours, but the upside is that I am on day 3.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
                                X