Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Windy, you made my day...that was just the sweetest thing to say - my sobriety sista! :h
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys,
      Just checking in, I've been reading everyday and I'm proud to say its day 65 for me!!!! Andrew well done for coming back, that is the main thing. It's so horrible how AL can rationalize everything. When you said you would drink at your work do it didn't sound like a good idea to me looking from the outside in but I know from experience how AL can do that and we all end up regretting it BUT you've learned a valuable lesson and that will stand to you. Has anyone heard from blondie, i'm starting to worry a little, I know she is busy at work but its not like her not to check in ???

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, checking in - getting thru it day by day, a really tough day at work yesterday and really fancied a drink to heal the sad - had a good cry and a hot shower instead, and feel better - would not be feeling better if I had had a drink, thats for sure!
        It continues a real struggle to not drink, I do hope it gets easier. I so agree with K9 - the warm and fuzzy feelings are nice, I do need to concentrate on the bad side effects, not the initial good feelings!
        Well done Andrew - I know that I have been there before and had a lot of day 1's - each one taught me something, like a trigger or two - and some of them made me stronger. take it as a learning experience rather than a failure and use it to your benefit.
        23 days today.....I will make 30 days! Dec 27th will be my 30 day mark - first time I have counted forward! What a great Christmas present
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm so happy for so many of us...

Mrsg I was wondering about you earlier- thanks for checking in

I too am now worried for blondie, and piper, and Greg

I went backwards looking to see when they last posted and I got so sad to see those who don't come around anymore.
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi lolab and everyone,
            Im still around honey xxx
            I am still going strong although on a couple of occastions I could of very easily had a drink....just as well there is no drink in the fridge.
            I am now looking forward to Christmas just my boys and hubbie so no presure on the drink front which is really good and my parents come over from the UK in just over a week which is fantastic as I have not seen them in a year.
            I read a post which stated that if you are thinking about having a drink just stop there as it is JUST a thought and nothing more, our brain controls our body not the other way round and this has helped me. If you start thinking about booze then turn your thoughts onto something else, get up and do that little job that never seams to get done.......
            I am so looking forward to Christmas day this year as it will be the first Christmas waking up with a clear head in many years.
            Hope you all have a great day
            xx
            :dancin: enguin:
            starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

SL, I remember the first time I counted forward...it was weird. It was a crazy feeling...because I knew I was going to make it!! Isn't that a great feeling? That you finally believe in yourself enough to count days that haven't happened yet. Too bad you can't bottle that!!! Bahaha...(bad drinking joke). All I know is those drinking thoughts will find a way in, and you MUST squash them out before they take you down the rabbit hole. Just 'don't go there!' Distract yourself until your mind goes in a better direction.
              I wish we had GPS beepers on nesters so we could zap each other when we're about to get in trouble! Bahaha! There's a visual! ZZZPPTT! xo, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

CONGRATS on your 11 AF months Byrdie
                Your 1 year anni will be here before you know it!

Not sure if we can afford GPS for all the nestlings ~ may have to pass a hat around. For now we'll have to make do with the butt velcro :H

SL - I hope you are starting to feel proud of yourself! You are making great progress

Andrew, I sure hope you haul yourself together & stop the madness
                You know you feel so much better AF.

I am happy that my work is done & plan to spend the rest of the week getting ready for Christmas. I like a little mental vacation once in a while

Wishing everyone a safe night in th eNest!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Andrew, I know how it is with drinking pressure esp. In countries where drinking is so highly regarded. Maybe for now while u are fragile say no to the parties and if u are in a situation where there is pressure make up an excuse like you are taking that alcohol will poison u because of? I know it's not ideal but a few excuses while u are getting stronger I'm sure never hurt anyone. Stay strong!
                  45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                  New day 1- 9 January !
                  Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops! Lol.
                    45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                    New day 1- 9 January !
                    Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Hump Day!

The Nest is open for business & I wish everyone a terrific AF Wednesday

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone - just checking in. Hope those of you who haven't been around are still doing well. Let us hear from you.

Have a great AF day/night:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, congratulations on your 11 months!!!!!!!!!!!:h
                          ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1230305 wrote: Byrdie, congratulations on your 11 months!!!!!!!!!!!:h
                            Same from me Byrde - awwwwesome
                            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hope everyone will keep us all close to their hearts in the next couple of weeks....I am going to post links to a couple of threads/posts that I want close to me so I can re-read them if I am tempted this holiday season...you know...."relax....be happy....it's the HOLIDAY.....you can just have one or two...(No, I won't stop there)...it's that time of year to be festive!..." I'm feeling strong, but I am trying to be prepared and not be caught off guard. I don't want to start again in January and realize that I've let yet another Christmas - and special time with my family - slip by me while I was in a fog.

This is an amazing post from onetoomany with some great follow up posts from others. If you haven't read it yet, you should, and if you have - it's worth a repeat!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...way-53891.html

I'm including this one just because it always makes me laugh.....Byrdie....:H "We aren't Kardashians here! We make a plan and stick to it to the end, not until it gets a little hard."

and another post about the holiday from Byrdie..."when you hear me refering to going down the rabbit hole...I am talking about the thoughts that make you want to drink. One thought leads to another, until finally, thoughts are actions and you are sucked in. I noticed it when you mentioned that your 30 days would be up the day before Thanksgiving...and that a glass of wine with the meal would be grand. This will get you in the hole in a hurry....Take the wine off the table (figuratively and literally) and you will be glad you did. It puts you in a state of turmoil. You want Peace, right? Let us go down the rabbit hole together...shall we? There's the family....all gathered, giving thanks. That one glass of wine in front of you. What are you thankful for? blah, blah, blah.....and it goes around. Before you know it the solitary glass of life is gone. Someone pours you another....(oh you shouldn't, but it IS Thanksgiving, after all). If you are able to stop at 2 you are a better person than I am. I would dare to say that even if you didn't have any more....the next day you'd feel the GSR brothers...(Guilt/Shame/Remorse). And alas...this is FRIDAY....the best drinking day of the week! And a day off from work...I bet you go to the store and get some of your old favorites...Then it's the weekend...and then you've blown it totally and why not drink... everyone else is??? The whole holiday thing sucks...all this wine around, why shouldn't I be able to drink like everyone else? The next thing you know, the holidays have come and gone...and you don't even know where they went. You find yourself feeling anxious, alone and depressed....because here you are right back where you started....Day Freakin 1. If you are me, it's was this point I didn't care if I lived or died...everything I had worked for had gone to hell in a basket. BUT, let us back up for a second, and relive this whole thing of my rabbit hole theory. Your 30 day anniversary is celebrated by your friends in the nest! And day 31 is Thanksgiving. You wake up with a clear head and are able to enjoy your food and the people. You are sober now, you don't drink. You don't so much RESIST the drink as you do REFUSE IT...you actually remember the day (what people said) and you are FREE of the demon that wants so badly to live in you. The next day you feel like you've won a victory!! YOU HAVE DONE IT! You've gotten thru your first Turkey Day without AL! On to day 32, and girl I'll tell you, no drink tastes better than being sober feels. By Christmas, instead of being a blurry mess, you will be in control!! No guilt! No Shame! No Remorse! You will never regret being sober. You know how the story ends...make it happen!!! When you feel your thoughts going there....tell yourself NO! HELL NO! And recite the Pledge of Allegience, or name the 7 Dwarfs or Dwarves....google whether it's Dwarfs or Dwarves.....do anything you have to do to get that thought out of your head. Don't go down the rabbit hole. I've been there and trust me, there's no good to be had down there. Keep your quit no matter what or no matter who!!! I'll be perched up on your shoulder and I will knock you up side the head if you think of having a glass of wine!!! Deal??? Love you all!! Byrdie"
                              ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know that one refers to Thanksgiving - but the statement "The whole holiday thing sucks...all this wine around, why shouldn't I be able to drink like everyone else? The next thing you know, the holidays have come and gone...and you don't even know where they went. You find yourself feeling anxious, alone and depressed....because here you are right back where you started....Day Freakin 1." really hit home with me. They've come and gone, come and gone - and I don't even know where they went - too many times for this girl.
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X