Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hey

Hi there.....doing a bit better today.....'G' was feeling good too....until I brought out the vacuum....he should reappear in about an hour. SD and Dill, the others said it all, so I have nothing to add....except that your papa is proud of both of you and your wonderful efforts and contributions each day here in the nest.
    Goodnight my little ones,
    PR & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. :h I am happy to say that I have awakened now two days in a row with a clear head and feeling much more at peace.

It isn't going to go away is it??? It's always going to be this hard...to not over indulge or to have to have these battles every time of telling yourself not to have another one
      SD, It isn't going away, but I have been told (most often by Lil), and I do believe, it does get easier! I have even read reports from some long timers that at some point they even stopped haveing the cravings and have no desire to drink. So maybe it goes away, 'sort of'. And when I think about now, compared to a few months ago, it HAS gotten easier! So, let's just keep taking it as each day comes along!

Hey, Lil, did all of Chops cheerleading help you with your 3 party weekend?

OK, Here's the deal. It's Monday and I have to be at work all day. Still the busy time of year in schools, so I will be beak to the grindstone again! At least I have the energy for it! Yay!

Have a great day everyone!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to all in the Nest

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning My Fellow Birdies,

Dill-Yes, Chops and eveyone elses cheering did help me make it through all three parties. Whuuuu!!! Am I glad those are over with. I'm glad your feeling better and back at it stronger than ever. It does get better! When is your school done for the year? They have closed a couple here in Ind. because of the swine flu. Any of that going on in Ohio?

Bright-Good morning to you. How are you this fine day?

PR-Lol! My cats do the same thing with the sweeper. We had a stranger cat in the yard last night so mine had me up at 1:00 am this morning howling and carrying on. I already have 4 cats, so no I am not going to adopt anymore cats.

It's daylight outside and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day so I will be headed outside here shortly. So wakey, wakey peeps. Coffee's on. (DP on ice) Have a great day.
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dill is that your doggy in your avatar?
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day My Fine Feathered Friends
              I ground up fresh Starbucks coffee beans for you all this morning and have donuts and muffins. Enjoy
              Yeah, got your Diet Pepsi SD
              Glad you are feeling better PR and G too
              Boston Sports Sucked last night
              Go Celtics!!!
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning! Not sure I'm leaving the nest today. I feel so sad and discouraged. My weaning down plan was going fine until the weekend...then lots of parenting stress, funeral, blah, blah...always a reason to drink. It's just what I do. You all sound so good and successful! I just can't seem to be able to make the leap. Maybe I should be posting in a different thread?

Comment

Newbies Nest

You stay right here with us Beginning. I have fallen down, both literally and figuratively so many times. It is not easy. Just keep trying. We are here for you
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Seacailin! Just read through some of the toolbox stuff. Trying to get off my despondent, self-pity twig and get some exercise instead of going back to bed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters! How is everyone this fine Monday morning? I am stopping in for a quick hello. Busy already at work...tis the season for us to be busy through October!

Lil, I am glad that everyone cheering you on worked! Enjoy your day and being outside Thanks for the coffee.

Dill, I know Lil asked, but is that your dog? If so, what a sweetie!!! I love dogs!

Beginning, you stay here in the nest and lean on all of us for support. Exercise is a great way to gain focus

Sea, sorry that Boston sports sucked this weekend. The Celtics didn't though. Celebrate that! Thank you for the Starbucks and the muffins

PR, glad you and G are feeling better. My dogs run and cower from the vacuum :H

Good morning Bright! Good to see you again!

Hello SD and all to come! Have a wonderful Monday all. See you later tonight :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!!
                        Thanks for the DP this morning...I THINK I remembered to drink it....I've been running nonstop since I got here...I think there is a reason they give us 2 1/2 months off in the summer...to catch out breath!!! Holy buckets...this last month of school is a dooozzzzziiieeee!!!!!:nutso:
                        I have a parent in my principal's office right now complaining about me...LOVELY!!! They either love or they hate...:H Whatta ya gonna do??
                        I'll have to jump back in the nest later...I have to run...my son has a doctor's appt. right after school and then we go look at another house...busy busy!!!
                        SD:l
                        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                        7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok. Another long day at work. I can see that SD understands the school setting! Tough time of year. Hard to please everybody...

My new avatar IS one of my dogs. She is named Kela. My son picked her up when he was in high school and she was a cast off being given away on the street. He named her 'killer'. I had to change that slightly...I didn't want to be oustide at night calling her and have somebody call the sherriff!!!!. So we modified it to 'kela'. She's elderly now: 11 years. I'm going to put my other dog up there in a few days.

Twig time! Good night, all!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well this sounds like a nice place to be! I was doing great made it almost
                            a month and now starting day 1 again. Bummer but willing to fight!
                            It feels good to know that you are not alone. Thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Peepers,

Ireeno :welcome: Almost a month is great. Have you found the toolbox thread? It's in the monthly abstainers section. It has good info on how to handle cravings and setting up a plan of action. You will love the nest.

Sea-How is it going with your new renter? When is he suppose to move in?

Dill-I think Kela is a much better name than Killer. We here at the nest would hate to have and come bail you out of jail! :H

SD-So What is this deal with this new house? Do you like it? More important, does your Mom like it!!??LOL!! Seriously, do you like it? I think the idea of a woman buying her own home is SO exciting!

Beginnings-Just stay here with us!

Chops-I know you will be flying in here soon to nestle in for the night. How are you doing? I hope you had a good day.

PR-Is this the night you work 12 hrs? I gave "G" a few extra strokes on his head. As usual I left the light on.

I'm finding me a twig for the night. See you all in the morning.
                              AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, the day ended better than it started which I can't say every day!
                                Good night, Lil, Dill, Sea, Chops, SD, PR, Ireeno and all you nesters out there.
                                Grabbing a determined twig for the night. See you all tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X