Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Jane,

Let's go our own way and see where it takes us. Is your friend hell bent on AA or just a control person with everything? My response when someone get's pushy is to end it abruptly with "I'll think about it, gotta run". Keep up the momentum Jane.
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sufi please tell me how u went about it. U sound exactly as I am now. But need to stop.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:upset:
        satz123;1252925 wrote: Sufi please tell me how u went about it. U sound exactly as I am now. But need to stop.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Anyone?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lav, and all the nesters. I am just checking is to say hi, and read up on progress. Keep up the great work, and keep fighting our most slick adversary. Thanks again, for all of the supoort, help, friendship and caring words over the years.

I am almost at two years sober, and loving it.

Take care,
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Great to see you Hill
              Congrats on your continued success - great, isn't it?

satz, have you read the MWO book? If not be sure to download it & read today. Thats how I got started. Then go to the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html and use some of those ideas to help you make your plan. You have to do the work but we sure will be here to support you!

Greetings to allswell, lifechange & everyone!
              Have a fantastic AF Sunday.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

A quick check in for me nesters........Satz, sorry no one was here to respond to you earlier today. Lav's advice is the best for starting out........read as much as you possibility can on this site, and post often. It's work, but you can do it. Sufi doesn't post a lot, but you can send a PM. Let us know if you need help doing that.........basically you click on the name next to the avatar and select the drop down for PM.

Hill, thanks for stopping by! So helpful to hear from people who are having success. I remember your posts from a long time ago. Congrats!

Day 76 for me, and feeling fundamentally happy about quitting AL!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted...wow on 76 days. You sound unstoppable!:goodjob:

Hi satz...welcome and listen to Lav, she is one heck of a great Nest mom. Hope you are doing OK today.

Hope all the nestlings are doing well and having a HF Sunday. I am on day 16. May be going out to dinner tonight with the fam, but I know I will not be drinking. No, HELL NO...

Just wanted to check in. Take care all.
                  BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

ARGHHHH! Just lost my post (again). Have to keep it short as I'm headed out to my nieces birthday party (no chance of AL - YAY!)

Busy weekend for me with lots of church stuff - getting more and more involved and that's a good thing cause it's keeping me busy. Day 28 for me.

UW - you have to feel so great at 76 days! I know each day gets better and better for me!

Hellooooo to Lav (hubby says there's a chance of snow tonight?), BelleGirl (good for you on already thinking ahead to tonight!), allswell, lifechange - hope you are all having a great day.

Hill - good to see you! So glad you are doing so well!

Welcom Satz - hope to get to know you better! You've found a great place - lots of support and encouragement!

Have a great sober Sunday everyone!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

LC - so glad you had fun in the snow - and isn't that the truth - we have all missed out on so much due to planning to drink, drinking or recovering from drink. I recall the message from Erma Bombeck on dying from cancer and really think it applies to us as well. I have this printed and stuck on my notice board - think I may try to do it nicely and frame it as a reminder never to miss any opportunity to live life to the full - AND AF ever again!

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck
                      (written after she found out she was dying from cancer).

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle..

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, 'Later... Now go get washed up for dinner.' There would have been more 'I love you's, more 'I'm sorry's.'

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute; look at it and really see it; live it and never give it back. STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF!

Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what
                      Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us..
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

New

Hi, my first time here. I am considering rehab

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Doc. :welcome:

I know there are several people here who have had good results from rehab. You can always post on the general thread to see if you can get some feedback.

Have you tried other things? People here have tried myriad things..........let us know how we can help.

Here is a link to the Toolbox which is helpful. You can also buy the MWO book from the online store here (Health Store link at top of page I believe). Be sure to scroll through the Toolbox because things get buried.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whats up Doc? Sorry. You are just where I was when I came here 2 years ago (almost to the day!!! 1/31/10). I was at the bottom of the hole. You will meet Lav, our nest mom...she will be along to show you the nuts and bolts of this site. While you nestle in, I will welcome you and urge you to read back, oh maybe a month or so under the Newbies Nest. We've had lots of new folks lately, and just like you, maybe didn't know where to start. They are now logging in some impressive numbers of days alcohol free!! AF, you'll see us saying. So while you settle in, read back and see that we are just like you....and if we can do it, so can you. This is a great place...it is safe and there's not a story you can tell us that we haven't done/heard/seen. You are in very good company. Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

My New Beginning! Welcome back...so here you are on Day 11! That is huge! How long have you made it in the past? If you are in uncharted numbers already, wait til you get to day 13...it's like a switch flips...and things get much easier. Congratulations to your new beginning...stay strong and hang in to Day 13!! It's magical! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

satz 123: You do not realize yet how very welcome you are here. You are still deep down in the well, and all my heart goes out to you because I remember so well - not only last November and December, when I became really desperate for help, but earlier, when I was absolutely sure there was no hope for me. I positively KNEW I was condemned to this humiliating slavery of my evening parties with al, and I KNEW it would be worse and worse. As I said, I tried AA a few times and gave that up, although I thought it was the last resort. And then comes the revelation of this warm nest where I feel accepted and understood and everybody rejoices with me for every single day when I overcome the cravings - I love these people and they are constantly present in my mind. Just now I was dancing with myself in my bedroom, singing I am free, I am free! If I could I would dance with you. I promise, I promise you will enjoy life again. If I, the wreck and coward who never missed an evening gdetting drunk, could do it, why not you? Its my 31st day and I would love to embrace and kiss you and everybody else!

Comment

Working...
                                X