Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dill and Renewal,
    I'm printing out the thread on the "hate, loathe about drinking right now. It's taking awhile and could make a book out of it. I'm going to sit and read it over and over this evening. You're right. I need to do those things you suggested too. It's just when a depression hits, it's soooooooo hard to keep my head on track. Nothing matters when I feel this way. Unless, of course, someone will cheer the Steelers on with me! Thank you guys.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

5 minutes of pleasure. That's about right. When I was much younger, the pleasure lasted much, much longer. It's not about pleasure. It's about destruction.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Go Cardinals, thought I better support the Arizona team given an aussie is playing for them this year. Day 5 AF for me today, looking better already, especially my skin and eyes. What a great day for the USA and the world today, I watched President Obama and the First Lady walk down Pensylvannia Avenue towards the Whitehouse this morning on my tv before coming to work. A real sense of history and a new beginning for your country and the rest of the world.

Stress head

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Stresshead, Dill, Sea.....attagirls....love that Cardinal support!! You can all sit on the FB twig.......'favorite bird'..............

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Well, as I look around the nest I see some of you are getting ready for bed.....I'll read ya a story and tuck you in shortly. Don't forget to brush your beak and comb your feathers before bed. Been a special day my little furry friends. One where our world has hope for a better future. One where our dreams to fulfill our destiny and reach our full potential is within our reach. Lay your heads down on the twigs, with a feeling of faith my little ones. A realization that better days are ahead.....for all of us.....because we deserve it.
            Your proud papa.....Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

renewal, you just made me feel all warm and fluffy (was going to say fuzzy, but that could get some beaks waggin). Stayed up half the night to watch history in the making, and was sober so remember it. Beofre Xmas it would have bene a reason to half glass in hand, to cheer on Obama. LOL

Nestlings how are we? Ive been a little ball of kleenex the last few days...but feeling better today. Gotta go get my arse in gear, do some work but will check back in later,

Neuro x
              Live your life in such a way that
              when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
              Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Listen Up! Yes, birds have feelings; Fish do not. I am here for all of my feathered friends, anytime. I will fly.lol.
                Seriously though, there is a woman that I take to AA meetings and when I picked her up Monday night, she wreaked of booze and would only stay at the meeting for ten minutes. I was pissed off. Tonight, I start getting frantic calls from her Mom to go and check on her. She was not answering her phone. I was really nervous. This poor woman is 7 years younger than me and in very poor health due to drinking. I don't know if she is ok or not. She did call me, but I think it was because she did not want me to show up at her place. I really do not want to find another friend dead. The concern in her Mother's voice is the reason that I watch Intervention and cry. I tend to have this ability to block out the pain that I cause. I am so happy to see the rejuvenation of the nest.
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

What network do you watch Intervention on? I was looking for it, but didn't find it. How often is it on?

Comment

Newbies Nest

n00b here. Been wiping myself out pretty much every day lately and I think I might have given myself gastritis! Yay. Also have wife's parents coming to stay for a week which is majorly stressing me out, but, is also a good motivation to be AF. Gonna be so much fun NOT.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Been a special day my little furry friends. One where our world has hope for a better future. One where our dreams to fulfill our destiny and reach our full potential is within our reach. Lay your heads down on the twigs, with a feeling of faith my little ones. A realization that better days are ahead.....for all of us.....because we deserve it.
                      Your proud papa.....Renewal
                      Those words apply to how I feel about my life AF. I think you may have been referring to politics. Forgive me if I'm mistaken. I have to finally voice some dissent. Our world (in the USA) contains all that hopeful stuff because of our founding Fathers, the people of the country and the gift of freedom. It did for my whole life. This is not new.

Last I will ever say on the subject. I really don't like politics on MWO because it detracts from my reason for being here.

Have a great AF day all!
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dill - well said...I agree completely.

Cat
                        Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                        -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

I AM SO MAD at myself....last night I went out had three glasses of Wine....came home and made myself two margaritias...WHAT am I thinking? What is wrong with me? WHy why why???? I joined this w/e and have been really really trying. I cannot deal with this...

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have read the book! I just am so disgusted with myself. I keep trying to control this beast. Why can't I just give it up?

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Good morning all.........Dill, you were mistaken as no 'political inuendo' intended....just a positive message, which is well....a positive thing. Booklvr 123, welcome!! Great to have you here. Keep visiting and reading through our log. You'll see how this is a proccess....no miracle overnight cures here......you're on the right track though and we're happy to have you. Wally, as always, wonderful to see your smiling face. Gonna go on a hike shortly, but I wish all of you a wonderful day.
                              Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning all
                                Working on day 4 AF. Feel better today than I have in awhile. I am so grateful for this site as it has really helped me get through the last 3 days. I'm not really sure how I found it as I was pretty well plotto when I did. Luckly I added it to my favorites so I could find it again.

It's cold and wintery here so this little bird is going to stay close to the nest for now. renew, I would have to use a snowplow if I wanted to take a hike. lol.

have a good day everyone.
                                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X