Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the good wishes! Enjoy your hike. Cold and snowy here too but I am stuck inside working....well at least I have a wondow and the sun is shining in! Just wish I didn't have a hangover.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

I hear ya.....a definite perk of living in Arizona....at least until summer hits......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wally22;525616 wrote:
        PV hope you are feeling better. Drink LOTS of water.
        Thanks Wally I'm doing just that and going to pee every 5 mins too. Can't sleep either! 2.40am here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

lilmea;525717 wrote: morning all
          Working on day 4 AF. Feel better today than I have in awhile.
          Hey you're doing great!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, my fine feathered friends! (oops...wiping off screen)

Feeling a little better today - still that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach but better than yesterday. Welcome PV (you really couldn't come up with a better handle, huh?) - how are you feeling today? Booklvr... I SO know where you are at... :l And, as renewal said.. there is no quick overnight fix.

Wally, how's the doggy diaper coming? Morning Renewal, my friend.. say, are you going hiking with the ladies again? Hello Dill and Cat (how's the toe, dill?)

So, I've been doing some thinking.... (yeah, I know... don't hurt yourself, junior)...
            Someone mentioned somewhere that he/she 'made peace' with staying AF. Right there, is where my downfall started. I didn't WANT to make peace with 'my condition'. I wanted it changed... time rolled back... I wanted it fixed.

I don't think it (or I) can be fixed. It's no different than if I had a severe food allergy. It's not fixable. But you certainly can live a happy life and you wouldn't think of eating something that may kill you. I'm hoping that with that finality there comes acceptance for me. And peace, yes.
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Renewal, Sorry! My mistake. So many other folks on the forum yesterday were making comments re: current events...well, anyway. Onwards an upwards!!

Hey, Sunshine, glad you're feeling better!
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunshine I know what you mean I just want my condition FIXED.

Wally - how old is dog and what is the issue? Is he/she a pup or a rescue or an old guy?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay Ladies .... two different issues here. First, one2many what type of dog are you talking about. The smaller the dog the more difficult to housebreak. (general rule) I do lots of rescue... Five months is just around when they start to get it. Are you using a crate? One idea is to place a leash on the pup and yourself so that he/she is never out of your sight when in the house so that you can catch her in action. A quick way to train a pup.

quick question for Wally, have you had her examined. It might be a medical issue. I have a dog with a sphincter problem which medication...THANKFULLY is helping. Is she lifting her leg? squatting or just dribbling? Does it happen when she is excited or all of the time? What are you using to clean up the pee with?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunshine! Good to see you are feeling better!!!!
                    Like someone else said....'onward and upward!'
                    Take care!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Poor little Alfie and poor you - does it happen more at night or during the day. Use either Nature's Miracle or vinegar and water to clean up the accidents or else he may be thinking he should be peeing where he smells he went before.. Good luck

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi I just joined. Feeling pretty low so I think I'll just listen in today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brook are u a vet? U seem to know alot about dogs. I know one2 and wally like animals from their post. I myself am afraid to say have 4 cats. All dumped off and homeless kitty's from the neighborhood.

Sunshine-glad u're feeling better.
                          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Murphy just saw you're post. I'm new too. This is a good place to be.
                            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome all New Nesters from an "old" bird. The sun is out here in NH and things are melting. It is in the 'balmy" 20's and I must get out for a walk.
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Good for you Sea.....just got back from my hike.....4 miles on the Arizona landscape....pretty nice. So, yes, let me welcome you newbies. Wonderful to have you here in the nest. Tell us a little more about yourselves......happy to have you join our family. Curious, to all of you, what do you do to occupy your free time? For me, it's normally exercising, reading or writing......others do different things? 'Involving yourself', and avoiding too much 'empty time' certainly helps us in our AF efforts.
                                Renewal

Comment

Working...
                                X