Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hey

Appreciate you gals......REALLY do.....loooong day at work today. Not gonna go in tomorrow (again)......can't be calling off like this, but wow, the body just isn't cooperating these days. I guess if nothing else, it's good news for G, having dad around.............gonna hit the hay, but thanks again and goodnight everybody.
    PR&G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Newbie's nest..thanks for your comforting words....I am at the very interested and early stages of feeling ready 4 a better life....I want my figure back, for one thing...

Thanks, again,
      Tinks xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

'Just a quick fly-by as I am out the door soon. Everyone, hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Papa, lots of hugs and prayers to you! Please allow yourself as much rest as you need, and feel better soon!

Love,

LilBit
        "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday Morning to you Nesters! Hope everyone's day is off to a fine start.

Papa, BIG HUGS :l I am glad you are listening to your body and staying home to rest and heal. G is sure to be happy to have you home. Take care of you!!! :h

Lilbit, today is the big wedding! How are you doing? Remain confident and focused on your plan. You will get right through the wedding!

Dill, I love your new avatar. Is that from your garden?

Sea, hon, how are you? Thinking of you still. Check in when you can :l

SD, how did the move go? I bet you are moving as I speak. Congrats!!!

Must go now. As I stated in my thread last night, my BF is cheating. Thankfully no kids involved. I now must get things sorted out and move out. Thanks to all for the well wishes last night. Will post more later!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to you, Tinks! Glad to have you in the nest!:welcome:

PR, Maybe you should consider getting a more 'sane' schedule. Perhaps your body is telling you that you should start pacing yourself instead of these intense work cycles? Take it easy today.

Hi LilB! Have a fun day!

Chops, my new avatar is a picture of a flower I took a few years ago. It's Bee Balm. It's supposed to be a perenial herb, but I don't have much luck getting mine to come back year after year. Thanks for commenting. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

SD, LilM, Sea and everyone else, have a good Saturday! I'm going to get out of the nest and do a little gardening now!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Peeps,

Tinks :wlcome; grab a twig and make yourself at home.

LilB-I felt the rush of wind as you flew by this morning! I hope the wedding went well.

SD-Are you all moved? I know the unpacking will take a lot longer.

Dill-I have some of those Bee Balm in my garden. As they grow out they die in the middle until they sort of look like a big donut.

:lChops:l

:lSea:l

PR-PR-Everyone has stayed real quiet around the nest today so you could rest. I hope you are feeling better. I know G is happy.

I rode my bicycle today and yesterday both. We have a bike trail not to far from the house and my goal is to ride the whole thing by the end of the summer. I use to ride the whole thing everyday just a few years ago so I know I can again.

I hope you peeps are having a great week end so far!
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening all!

Tinks, I am so sorry that I forgot to welcome you! :welcome: I do hope to get to know you better. How are you feeling?

Dill, I have never heard of Bee Balm. However, I am very new at gardening. I wil have to ask my "expert" (my dad) on that. It is absolutely beautiful!

Lilbit, how did the wedding go?

LilM, a bike ride sounds so nice. I must take up that hobby again. Oregon has too many wonderous places to ventrue out, and I need to see them.

SD, how was the move? Thinking of you!

Papa, I do hope you got some rest today. I am very worried about you.

Sea, any news? You are in my thoughts and prayers hon! :l How about them Penguins? Oh, my beloved Pittsburgh has two championships this year!

Have a great evening everyone and I will see you tomorrow! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hope everybody is enjoying their weekend.....I'll say it again....really do appreciate you gals....your support and warmth is soooo appreciated. I did get rest today, probably too much rest, but not gonna argue with the body. G woke me up at 5 this morning fearful I was about to get up for work. Then of course, he lays in bed right up against me waiting for his tummy to be rubbed. So, there I am a middle aged gentleman, at 5 a.m. comforting my 15 lb bundle of joy and assuring him I will be with him today.....funny stuff. Well, not too funny at 5 a.m., but I can never be upset with my G.....talk to you all tomorrow and have a great night.
                  Pops....and you know who

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Sunday Morning Peeps,

Looks like everyone is sleeping in this morning.

Well the coffee is on. DP for SD. Also fresh blueberry muffins.

I'm off for a bicycle ride on this non rainy morning. Wishing everyone a great Sunday.

PR-One of my cats weights 17 pds. He has this little head, short legs and big body. They get a big kick out of him at the vets! Glad you got some rest. I don't think you can get too much with the way you work.

I'm off!!!
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Afternoon, Nesters! I'm having a mid-day check in.

How was your bike ride, LilM? I used to ride my bike, but found it hard on my knees, so I switched to walking on the bike path. But, you know what? I think I'm going to pull out my old 3 speed Huffy and give it a go. Maybe since I've been taking glucosamine my knee joints will be better? It's worth a try, anyway. I enjoy bike riding.

LilB, how did the wedding reception go?

Chops, the bee balm is a pretty flower, but it isn't a large bloom. That picture makes it look large. It's really about 2-3 inches across. The last avatar I had, the lavendar color bloom is called coneflower. It grows really well here in Ohio. I don't know if either one of those herbs grow well in California? Let me know what your Dad says about that!

SD, Is your computer hooked up yet? That should be the first thing you do in this day and age!

PR, How's your energy level? Better?

OK, now, I will get out of this chair and go outside and see what's going on out there. We are beginning to cut hay today. Fingers crossed for dry "hay-making" weather!
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Fellow Nesters
                        You guys just bring tears to my eyes. Thanks you so much for all of the love and support. I am really hoping that things will turn around tomorrow. I have a few leads on some jobs. I will know more tomorrow. I may have to leave the state of New Hampshire, but I will do whatever it takes to get some work. I am having big problems with my daughter on top of everything else. She will be 21 on the 20th of this month and she is getting involved with drugs. I am a wreck about this. I don't know what I would do without all of you. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
                        Going to watch my beloved Red Sox and try and take my mind off of things.
                        I am so happy for the Penguins!!!!
                        I do hope Orlando makes a come back tonight.
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good late afternoon nesters! Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend.

Sea, :l hon :l. Thank you for checking in. I am so sorry to hear about what is happening with your daughter. PM me anytime you need to! Hope your Bo Sox are victorius. I am over the moon with the Penguins. My beloved Pittsburgh has two championships now. Just wanted to lighten the mood for ya. I am thinking of you and keeping you close.

LilM, how was the bike ride?

Dill, I will let you know what my dad says. However, he will have to take an Oregon standpoint, not California I really miss the whole East coast. I have tons of relatives in Ohio and I grew up in PA. It amazes me I don't know of this Bee Balm. Thank you for telling me about it and sharing. You are the best!!! :h

PR, how are you and G getting on today? I am glad you got some rest, even if G wanted to play at 5 a.m.

Lilbit, how did the wedding go! Check in girlie!!!

SD, did you survive the move? How is Brayden doing?

Hello to all others who fly by. I will check in tomorrow. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oooops! Sorry, Chops! I got mixed up! OREGON!

Sea, Thanks for checking in! Fingers are crossed for you!
                            Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello little ones.....lazy day as after church I just straightened up a little and watched some sports. Should hear back from a couple doctors tomorrow......gonna go chill with G for a bit...and yes, he woke me up again at 4 a.m. this morning, to lay down and have me pet him....spoiled? Ya think? He's got me wrapped around his finger and he knows it.....and I wouldn't have it any other way! Oh, waaay off topic, but figured I'd share. I'm a big reader (and writer as well)....was flipping through channels today when I came across Dr. Wayne Dyer on QVC....he's an inspirational guy and is offering his latest book (Excuses Begone) on qvc's site.......for $36, you get his book, as well as 7 CD's...........don't mean to advertise, but I ordered it and thought it can't hurt to let you know if you feel it might be of benefit to you......have a great night all.
                              Me & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

PR, I thought of you when I was Church over the weekend. I hope the doctors come up with some answers for you!! I'll be thinking of you and will send up a prayer! Thanks for the Wayne Dryer recommendation. Sounds good! I will probably check him out at the library before I buy! LOL

OK, for me, another beautiful day off with nothing to do but gardening, reading, walking and just generally relaxing! Woohoo! I've been working so hard the past few weeks, this time off is really needed.

Coffee's on! Diet Pepsi and some donuts, too. Wakey, wakey!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X