Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Throwing snowballs at you Renewal. Careful, when I start my Travel nursing, I am coming out there.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

You GO GIRL!

Hey Sea... did you send your resume yet? I really want you to get this job!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fellow nesters

wow, i feel like i've been in hibernation for the past week... I am now day 5 A/F after having a bit of a blowout last Saturday night... i conciously made the decision to have a "couple of wines" as we were throwing a belated new years BBQ to catch up with friends... It was a great night, and I didnt feel like i wanted to get toasted like i normally do.. i still remember going to bed!! yay!! BUT, my head told a different story the next day... i think my body is getting used to not having AL and really lets me know if i do... anyways, again it's been a tough week.. lastnight was especially bad. I had a real craving for red wine at around 9pm.. i'm housesitting in an unfamiliar area and was feeling lonely... i'm usually pretty strong, but my cravings totally took over and i drove to the nearest supermarket. There must be someone watching over me because i managed to turn up at what i think is the only "dry" supermarket in West Auckland!!! lol. I took it as an omen and went home without wine!! I'm glad i'm on day 5 now and not day 1....

oh yeah, do you think there might be enough $$ in the nest kitty to purchase a paddling pool for us nesters in the Southern Hemisphere??? you guys might be throwing snowballs, but we're melting under the summer sun Hope everyone is well

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wally
          Good luck with zippy at the vets tomorrow. i only have cats no dogs but it sounds as if you are doing everything right. Hopefully the vet will be able to give you some answeres.
          I may borrow kiwi's pool. Tomorrow I could go ice skating on it here! lol
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Newbies, and newer newbies!

Hope everyone had a good day. I've been still feeling kinda crappy, don't know what to attribute it to, have tried to figure it out, so now I'm just going to let it go and accept it - hey, that's a new one for me!

Sunshine, glad to see you're feeling better and chirpin' away. I like the food allergy analogy (wow, that was hard to say!). Good way to look at it. Someone also mentioned on MWO that it's like having diabetes, and it really is a good way to think about it - we need to take care of ourselves so our disease doesn't get the best of us.

Wally, your doggie is soooooooo cute. I have a miniature dauchshun, never had a dog until I was 38 years old. I missed out on a whole lot of lovin'. He had back surgery last year - couldn't walk on his back two legs - lots of cash, but well worth it. You mentioned about AL never getting boring. Well, I can actually see a difference from my younger AL days to the present. AL is not about having fun for me. It's about getting trashed. It's about numbing pains. When I was younger, it was about going out and having a good time with friends. That's soooooooo gone. But that doesn't change how I'm struggling with the AL thoughts and the nagging the beast is doing to my psyche.

Thanks Booklvr, for the doggie advice. Wish I knew you when Leo was a puppy. He pooped and peed everywhere in the house for the first few years. We caged him, made the cage just his size, and he still pooped and peed in the cage, jumped up and down in it. Every morning I had to clean him and the cage. I was getting up at 4:30 in the morning just to do that. Then every afternoon after work, same. We got through it.

Renewal - How do I occupy my time? Well, for now, this is my priority. Staying close to these boards is where I'm putting a lot of my time in because this is what is the most important thing in my life, staying sober. And thanks for being here for me! Oh, and my son plays sports - baseball and basketball - now basketball of course - travel lots, especially on weekends. And a little thing called "work" keeps me kinda busy!

Ok, PV, Dill, O2M, USM girl, Murpy, and Kiwi, Limlea (I'm jealous - I need some warmth on my body - no... not my husband. The sun!) have a great day. If I missed someone, I'm sorry!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wally that pool looks amazing!! I"m sure we'll be able to fit loads of nesters in there It will be a regular party. All it needs is a bar selling delicious mocktails and we'll be away laughing... oohh a couple of scantily clad waiters serving fresh fruit on platters would be nice aswell... Renewal, I think you and your green robe would be perfect for the job

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Where do I apply??

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Yeeeeeeaaaah.....not so sure that's a great idea Wally.....take my word on this one....the robe may be a good idea.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone!

I am back. Read somewhere that if you are dongngreat, you log on a lot and if you screwed up, you back off. I was out of town and NO internet, but I did screw up and drink tons of vodka Saturday. I feel DUMB.
                    Comments after reading :

Wally--your dog Zippy and peeing--reminds me of me when pregnant or after drinking too much. Is s/he AL free?
                    Sea--my friend is a traveling RN--has been to so many great places. It almost makes me want to change careers at this late date--except the lieast little boo boo makes me puke!

Renewal--stop throwing your warm AZ weather in our faces. whatever temp you have is NO way as cold as it is here! When you hit the "below zero" mark give me a call! Also--if you send me your address I will PS you a lovely pink robe and fuzzy slippers to wear in the nest.

SUNSHINE--and I will send a separate thread--do not despair, you are my hero. I really feel a connection to you, you are great! You give good advice and have lots of sense! I wish I could give myself the advice you give me....

take care all

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, Kiwi, j-vo, and Upnorth!

Kiwi, I LIKE your thinking! :goodjob: mocktails, and half nekkid waiters, yahooo!

J-vo, I hope you're feeling less crappy by now... what is/was it? Just in a bad mood? Or physically not feeling well?

Upnorth, honey... God, no hero here. So totally not. What happened to you on Saturday? Can I help?

Renewal... did you notice? We're back to the pink robe.. you KNOW it's a winner!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Aaaaah yes.....the pink robe is back....thanks for that upnorthgirl........yeah Sun, it just won't go away, will it.......well, the nest has seen plenty of banter today, no doubt.....and Sea, I look forward to your visit one day.......okay, back to your evening festivities....
                        Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Well, gonna log off a little early tonight as I'm not feeling too well.....didn't before my hike either, but didn't want to miss it......anyhow, just want to wish all of you a wonderful evening....and I'll see ya tomorrow.
                          Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,
                            I am as much a newbie as one can be. I just got my Topamax today in the mail and can not wait to start it tomorrow. I have been taking the supps and doing some of the cds. I really hope the Topa can help me with these nightly binges.
                            I would love to hear from all of you as to how long it took for them to kick in, or if they worked at all.
                            Planning to be here everyday...so would be very happy to hear experiences from all of you and how you do it. We are so blessed to have this site where we can share our experiences freely.
                            Thanks for letting me be a part of your community.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Oops...before I go, just want to welcome you Doing my Best....wonderful to have you join our family. Pull up a twig and relax in our nest.
                              Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Betty is sticking to her twig today.

Morning all? I've been up since 830, but still stuck to the sofa at 1045. Enjoying my 3rd coffee. I have no idea why I feel bad about this. I have nothing planned and nothing I need to do apart from housework. So, I'm going to stop feeling guilty and indulge. Maybe I will get out of my jammies though! Welcome to all the new nestlings, and have a good Thursday. x B

P.s. I also had a peeing dog, it did stop eventually, we stopped him from sleeping in our bed and put him in a pen, think he thought it was time to grow up.........
                                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X