Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Lav - WHAT is my gift from Stella? I still don't see anything? What am I missing...and what am I doing wrong??? :nutso:

Good luck tomorrow Jennie...even if you don't have MWO right in front of you, please think of us...I know I think of you guys whenever I feel an urge. I can't imagine explaining to Lav's chicken why I blew it. LOL

Sending you strength :h

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - you can't see that gigantic pic of a tail feather Stella left for you??
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenn, imagine each one of our avatars on the table cheering you on. Don't blow your quit out of boredom! Don't blow your quit no madda what. Besides...airport drinks are at least 6 bucks...use that money to tip a waitress or get yourself an orchid, or give to a kid who needs it. Nothing is worth going back to the hell hole that is alcohol. I travel for work, too...it is an adjustment, but it's totally doable. I will give you my cell phone number if you want me to....you can just give me a call or text. I will talk you down. You can do this...Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow:thanks:
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe night in the Nest!

jennie, take a good book, do some window shopping ~ whatever! Choose to be strong, believe that you are
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks to all the nesters, the one thing I have learned is, we can leave the nest for only a short period of time. I thought I had it all under control, AL is such a demon it gives you so much false security. When you think it is out and you have it under control, you slip. Then the thing has you under its wing. The last time I felt I had nothing to offer to the nest, so I stopped posting, but regardless we all have so much to offer. This nest is my salvation, I have left before, but this time I am stuck like glue.
              Thanks to all who have given me so much comfort today. Lord I want to get back to where I was, can I ???????????????
              Goal
              I am starting over as of Sept 6
              SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
              be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
              be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
              be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
              Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
              Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
              I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Litre2, You can do it. I hate AL too. Stay on here, we all have something to offer. It's not easy but it's worth it, tomorrow is a new day. I hope to see you on here tomorrow.
                AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Litre 2, YES you can do IT!! So many of us have thought we had it covered and convinced ourselves just one drink can't hurt and then Whamo! we are back where we started. But are we really back where we started OR are we SO much wiser having learn't from the experience and better prepared for the next time AL calls us? I gave up for 40 days and thought yeah, I can handle al and took one glass and before I knew it, I was up to my old tricks guzzling down 1 to 1.5 bottles a day!!! The main thing is you are back in the nest ready to take on the beast again and that IS NOT the sign of a loser, but the sign of a fighter!! :welcome: back.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, How is your struggle with giving the cigs the big boot? I read somewhere u had notched up 9 days!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I cannot believe it, I made it to day 7. That's one whole week. I'm suddenly having trouble sleeping, I may have slept 7 hours in the last two days, yesterday was a big giant crave but I made it through. I hope it gets easier. Thank you everyone for all of your help.
                      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!
                        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday. Plan on a great day
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks for all the positive notes. I am still in the loser mode, but I hope to get back into the winners circle. Lord I wish I had a human voice to tell me things are okay.
                          Goal
                          I am starting over as of Sept 6
                          SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                          be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                          be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                          be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                          Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                          Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                          I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Litre - take Lav's advice and take hold of those feelings of defeat - feel their strength - and make a strong positive effort into turning them into determination to succeed. Take the hate that you're feeling towards yourself right now and turn it towards alcohol. There are lots of self defeating words in your posts - right down to your signature - with "blew it"....I'm not trying to criticize - and I'm sorry if it comes across that way...I just want you to get mad at the right target! Once you make up your mind that you absolutely will NOT go down that road again - and look to the future - seeing YOU as a large formidable opponent - alcohol won't stand a chance.
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

stumpy;1374405 wrote: I cannot believe it, I made it to day 7. That's one whole week. I'm suddenly having trouble sleeping, I may have slept 7 hours in the last two days, yesterday was a big giant crave but I made it through. I hope it gets easier. Thank you everyone for all of your help.
                              I can! Congrats! Have you tried anything from the health food store to help you sleep like passionflower tea? I know you said before you don't like meds, so maybe an herb that has calming effects? On the no supplement side, when you wake, have you tried some relaxation videos or tapes? Sometimes if I read in bed, I will fall back to sleep while the book plops down on my chest. How is your headache today?
                              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

stumpy - congratulations on your 7 days!!!! :yougo:
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X