Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hey

Good morning all.....hope everybody had a wonderful weekend. Weeeeell, CONGRATS go out to Chicken for her 30 days AF!!!! I really am proud of you my dear!!! Continue to inspire us as you have been! Sooo, my Chargers lost a toughie yesterday....but, rumor has it that life goes on, so we'll try again next Sunday. Gotta get my day going, so wish everybody a great one........oh, last, but certainly NOT least.....WELCOME to our newcomers. Pull up a twig and stay a while. Got some special people here to help you on your journey.
    Pops.....and G

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI Muppett
      Ive just bought book and am going to start in 2 weeks, very scared, how are you going?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Maxymoo! Nuttn to be scared of... life will get BETTER now!
        Why wait 2 weeks? Are you tapering down?

Hello Pops! You made it through another mammoth shift?? How is the house coming? Everything in its place now???
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

I had a great day, hope you all did too!

I am so proud of our Chicken on her 30 days! It wasn't easy but she did it
          Keep clucking girl!!!!

Sunni, missed you for a few days! Glad you had a good weekend. Now that I'm an official chatterbox - I mean Senior Member you'll never get rid of me, ha ha. I certainly do understand missing your daughter, I missed mine terribly when she left for college. It definitely takes some time to adjust but you will. Don't worry about the garden cleanup too much, I'm not that far ahead of you (I move like one of Chicken's slugs these days)

Hope all of our newest Newbies are settling in OK. Please be sure to make yourselves comfortable!

Hello Pops, hope you caught up on your rest today

I'm ready to settle down for the night, hope everyone has a safe night in the Nest!
          Lav.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All.

Chicken - way to go on 30 days! That is really great - I know you're feeling good. What's next for you Chookster?

Maxy - don't be scared. This site, the book and all that goes along with it makes things much easier to get a handle on your life. Welcome!

I'm doing well mod'ing on vacation. Keeping busy -- trying to stay hydrated - I'm in the California desert with highs at 105f. Tough golfing in the afternoons here - but having a great time!

I need some rest. Take care friends.
            tw
            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks heaps my friends! I am feeling strong and happy!
              Not sure what the plan is Tranq? But thinking that a I am due some blood tests for annual health check,will probably stay AF until I can atleast get this done..and then follow your lead and only have the social drink!
              Wish me luck!
              Thanks again Nesters for all the support..would not have happened with you all and this site!
              MWO is a blessing!
              Chookers *cluck cluck*

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops typo -would not have happened without you all and MWO! (Dang stuffed up!)
                urgh

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters, windy and cold today, loads of leaves on the ground - autumn is here!
                  Busy day again, shopping and meeting friend for lunch.
                  Tranq 105f - i would find that unbearable! I'd be a wet rag, nevermind able to play golf.
                  Have a good day all, see you later
                  sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters,

A bit cloudy this morning inmy part of the nest. Temps are slowly rising this week to 85 degrees despite the arrival of Autumn this afternoon - kind of confusing!

Tranq, take care in that desert heat!

Sooty, your weather is way ahead of ours, stay warm

Have a good day everyone, will check back later.
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Yep, feels kinda autumny here as well and I saw the fall crocus peeking out already *sigh*

Tranq, I'm not sure I'd be able to do much of anything in 105F -I'm with Sooty there, I think. I'm happpy you are able to successfully mod on your holidays; I find modding so much more difficult than abstaining.

Well, I have a feeling that work is going to be a bit on the painful side today; I sliced up 2 fingers last night. I very energetically grabbed into a cardboard box from the house, looking for the top of the salad spinner.... and found a broken porcelain dove instead. Peace loving bird my a$$ :H

Well, off I go then... have a grand AF day, everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunni - ouch that sounds painful! Hope you're ok now.
                        Had a rough old day today weather wise but high pressure forecast for end of week and weekend so all is not lost.
                        Hope we all had a good day see you all in the morrow
                        Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

Fingers are sore but ok, sooty, thanks. I've employed the one-finger-search-system for part of the day as I (of course) cut the tips.

Well, day 45 is drawing to an end... in about 1/2 hour I'll head off to pick up my son (imagine that... would have been IMPOSSIBLE a year ago) from salmon fishing. So, thanks to all of you keeping me on the straight and narrow, I am now actually good for something after 6pm.

Ironically (or not) one of my son's friends is staying with us for a few days. His dad and step mother are both alcoholics (he stays here a lot) and have an appointment in Toronto (8 hour drive - they'll be gone for 3 days). Told the kid to find a place to stay or camp in the backyard. :excuseme:

Ok, so, I should probably get a few more things accomplished here... Sooty, Chicken, Tranq, Lav, Pops, and everyone else.. have a fabulous evening! Over and out!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Sunni, you really have come so far....hope you are as proud of yourself as I am you!!!
                            Hope everybody else out there is enjoying a wonderful day as well. Me & G will see you tomorrow......sleep tight my friends.
                            MG

Comment

Newbies Nest

Is it always this quiet in the Nest on the first day of Fall????

Oh well, that's OK. Sooty, hope your weather settles a bit for you.
                              Sunni, I have a kick ass First Aid kit here - let me know if you need anything Congrats on your 45 days - feels really good, doesn't it? Changes your perspective, that's for sure! Keep going friend It is amazing to be clear headed & functional after 6 pm - I'm with you on that one!

I don't know why but I felt compelled to take a nap this afternoon............maybe it was the dark, cloudy day, who knows? Tomorrow afternoon I'll be back on babysitting duty, definitely a no nap day for me I bought my grandson his first Halloween costume - he's going to be a monkey - so cute!!
                              My daughter & her husband are driving & camping thru New England this week, hoping to see some nice pictures soon!

I've missed Chicken for a day or two - hope all is clucking well over in her world!!

Hi to Pops, how's G?

Well, I'm going to kill some brain cells watching TV for a while!
                              Have a safe night everyone.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi from verrry sunny california.

Chickster - way to go - hang in there til your doc appt. My doc was happy about my checkup around day 30 that he cut my bp meds in half. It made me realize how al affect our body and health.

Sunni. You might be the only human to be attacked by a dove. You're doing great on 45 days - I can sense the resolve in you posts.

I'm just drinking h2o non-stop. I'm hot, dry and tired. Great golf here, and I'm having fun surviving the heat.

Take care all.
                                tw
                                Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Working...
                                X