Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters. I'm at work, so just a quick check in. I have been in a gloomy mood the last few days, and have made a couple of regretful posts, so thought it better to wait until I regained my perspective before posting again.

I am much better today and it looks like I have quite a bit to catch up on. Emmy, welcome and glad you have found us. You may want to check out the Holistic Health section. Lots of good tips there on helping your body heal naturally. Mike - hang in there. Glad you have a doc helping you through this. C-dev - isn't it amazing how much more clear-thinking and energetic we become after just a few days AF? I can only imagine how good we will feel in weeks, months, and years!!

I don't have the time right now to thoughtfully respond to everyone, so wishing you all a wonderful, AF day.
    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
      C-D, sounds like instead of a hot shower after your workout you needed a COLD one!!! :H:H:H It never hurts to have a nice view, huh? I TOTALLY understand your apprehension for the upcoming meeting. I wish I could give you the gift of hindsight so that you could be more at ease. It did help me to visualize coming home with my quit (and reputation) in tact. Imagine that you have already done this and succeeded and it may help you. Just make up your mind NOT to drink AL and THAT IS THAT. If Oprah offered you 10 million bucks to stay sober during this trip, I bet you'd find a way to do it!! I know I would!! Not that I'll ever have 10 mil, but there isn't a price for your self esteem and respect. Remember....just don't take that FIRST drink. If I can do this...(I'm just a country GIRL, after all) I KNOW you can.
      JDG, I could have written your note. My job is sucking the life out of me at the moment, too! We ARE lucky to have jobs so that's one thing. We are healthy and have all our arms and legs (and most of our marbles) so life is good.
      So good to see everyone today....get your plans in place for the 3 day holiday! Just because it's a holiday weekend doesn't mean going in the ditch! Stay close and check in!
      Talk to you later tonight at the Newbie Bar. (Newbie, NOT Nudie) Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
        Up early today to take puppy for spay. Have already made a huge pot of enchilada sauce with tomatoes and peppers from my garden....feeling so productive....will probably be asleep my 8 LOL
        dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dot Belle, if I leave right now, I think I can make it for dinner!! Your enchilada sauce sounds scrumptious!
          I feel for the puppies private parts... you both will be balls (no pun intended) of fire tonight! Gentle hugs to both. Post pictures!! We wanna see the baby!!! xo, B
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, I've posted a little while ago for the first time and I can't see any of my post or any response???

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dot - I think I can make it in time for dinner too! Poor puppy, but good job in being a responsible pet owner...now there won't be any unexpected suprises!

D-C, don't worry about the weekend, like Byrdie says it's just another day, not an excuse to get wasted (and regret what you did). Sounds like you're getting into the gym thing, the one class I HATE is cycling...I'd always try to find ways to cheat. LOL I HOPE to get back to the gym in 2 more weeks...I broke my foot 12 weeks ago and the doctor says to wait until 14 just to be safe.

I have been having weird dreams lately too...a lot about my dog that I had to put down in July...I miss that little gal :upset:

Have a great 3 day weekend everyone!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Emmy Lou;1550183 wrote: Hi, I've posted a little while ago for the first time and I can't see any of my post or any response???
                Check again, I just responded
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

How do I post a picture???? Have lots of the puppy and other fur baby pictures.
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Emmy!
                    I didn't mean to overlook you, I guess we were posting at the same time! I hope you're doing ok today...it's good to have you here!
                    K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters. Just flapping in for a quick visit. I am off work for the next week so I should be able to post more. Welcome to Emmylou and Dottie, and any other newbies I missed.

CD, I am wondering you are the guy who stands against the wall at my gym, pretending to warm up but really watching the girls on the treadmills? :H

Speaking of the gym, I m just off there now, some family stuff is bugging me and I need to run it off. Traditionally it would be a perfect excuse to drink myself to oblivion, but I don't do that any more. I know better. I hope everyone is having a safe, happy and sober Friday :l
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Nesters,

Am still travelling and a conference in which we participated just got over. I feel good I am not drinking and being sober. And life does not seem boring any more .

I feel like patting myself for not even think about drink the whole day.

I am however eating too many chololates and ice cream a day. Looks like ai have replaced Al with sugar.

NoSUGAR and others what are your viewes and suggestions. I will be completing 30 days in next 2 days.

Thanks in advance.
                        Rahul
                        --------------------------------------------
                        Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                        Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                        Rebooting ... done ...
                        Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Rahul, I too developed a sweet tooth initially
                          I did eventually kick that with the help of some L-Glutamine....look in the health store.

Dottie, I post pictures thru Photobucket. Go there, open a free account, upload your pics & then copy & paste the IMG codes they assign right into your post here

Hi Byrdie, Sam, K9, BH & everyone!

Emmy, I saw your post yesterday & responded to you. Hope everything is OK.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul I found the sugar cravings wore off, but I took the advice of everyone here, I didn't worry about it for the first while. It's most important to get the AF thing well rooted before you take on another challenge. I've lost 8 pounds since I quit, it will sort itself out in time.

broken halo you are sounding so strong, it's awesome! I love that AL isn't a coping mechanism option for us any more!

Sam, byrdie, lav, k9, dotti, emmy hey y'all. I'm on vacation starting today which brings its challenges but I am feeling strong. I had a few thoughts yesterday of drinking but as soon as I thought beyond the first drink feeling to the third fourth or fifth drink feeling I was able to let it go. I know full well I don't want one drink. I also know I don't want that five drink feeling ever again.

But being on vacation hopefully means I can stay in touch a little more here! The nest is so busy and full of new faces it's hard to keep up. I hope you lurkers will check in once in a while, let us know how you are.

And to any newbies who are reading up and thinking of their drinking habits please don't be afraid to ask, post, vent, test the waters. It is a scary thing giving up AL, but in no time at all you will wonder why you ever let him in your life. Promise.
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

3J, if I could have kept my drinking to only 5 a day, I wouldn't have quit! :H Good Grief, what a thing to say! My 2 glasses of wine a night quickly became Viking Goblets! It was nuts! I'm just kidding about the 5, but it was much more than that. UGG.
                              Emmie Lou, great to see you! Hope you are having an easy day.
                              Lav, we haven't had a recent picture of Stella lately, how is she getting on? :H
                              K9, sorry about those dreams, they can really be weird sometimes. Being your dog would be a dream! I imagine that's a pretty good life!

Everyone strap on the butt Velcro for this weekend! Friday is not a free pass to Boozeville! You are NOT entitled and you do not DESERVE anything but a sober, wonderful life! Stay the course, you'll be so glad you did!! Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there all you nesters and animal lovers.
                                So many dogs and birds and chickens, I thought the internet was full of the cute kittehs?

Anyway, just checking in after my first week of the new job which has been great. Add that to the nest and with so many new friends I'm so glad to be AF, otherwise I just wouldn't have the time!

Emmy Lou welcome, your doc told you to cut back but I'm guessing since you're here you've probably realised that maybe AL is a bit of a problem. I went forr years with a bottle a night thinking it wasn't a problem. Beautiful loving wife, high-paying job, fancy car, nice home etc., all while getting through a couple of bottles a day. I thought I had it all under control, but slowly and surely AL got control of me.

Anyway, stay with us and since you're in Melbs I'd have to recommend Turning Point in Fitzroy. Free counselling one on one and great group CBT sessions if you find the AA model a bit too churchy.

Curling up in the nest now with my pussy cat, lets hope we don't wake up with feathers hanging out of his mouth!

Pak

Comment

Working...
                                X