Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Unwasted;1554401 wrote: Hi I'm Strong,

Did you find the Toolbox? It's under Monthly Abstinence. I feel the pain in your post. Are you ok in the sense of safely detoxing? Are you getting some good food and lots of water down? Please post about how you're doing at the moment if you're still logged on.

UN:h
    I did find the toolbox (thanks Byrdie). I don't have a physical addiction, so I think I'm safely detoxing. Hangover is just about gone - took all my vitamins and juicing. I'm just sad. I will make a promise to check in daily. I'm all set to begin meditation again in the morning and force my flabby arse to plod down the track for some exercise. YIKES its over 90 degrees here. Hangover remorse - when I google AA, Smart recovery, etc and feel desperate. In the back of my mind, I know we're going to Europe in a few weeks and I will drink. How can I not do that? I don't know how many more 'rebounds' I have left in me. What can I start doing now to help me not drink then? I don't have much confidence or trust in myself. I know I'm not drinking today. That is all I can be sure of. Thanks for checking on me.
    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It looks like a very busy day/night in the nest. Nice to see so many new people reaching out. Welcome to you all.

FD, glad to hear you sounding strong and determined. And thanks for reminding me to be grateful for the long term members who continue to offer encouragement and support to us newbies. Their generosity awes me. So a huge thank you!!

Avail - sorry to hear about your troubles. Hang in there ok, and let us know how you are doing.

Gambler, Many of us have caused major damage to our lives due to AL. It can be repaired but it takes time and perseverance.I hit bottom when my marriage failed, I lost my home, and my son wouldn't speak to me. That's when I decided enough was enough. I joined MWO, and found the support I needed, and started fixing my life. Five months ago, I thought my life was over. Now, I look forward to the future again. It can be done. You are here, so you have taken that first huge step. Stay close to us, and post often. You can do this.
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all! I'm at work on the night shift and it's so much more difficult posting on a phone! So I'll be quick. My other half bought some beers in because his mate was coming round, anyway turns out he cancelled so it's now quarter past midnight and I know there's a six pack in the fridge. I finish at seven am. I can't stop thinking about getting home and drinkingbthem. I'm on day seven as it's now part midnight..... I'm really going to struggle when I get home. Must think strong thoughts..get straight into bed, don't even open the fridge and end up in a staring contest....god this is hard...

Trinity x x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Trinity - Can you ask your other half to take the beer out of the fridge and put it somewhere else...garage, closet, doghouse...anywhere??
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

trinity8753;1554439 wrote: Hi all! I'm at work on the night shift and it's so much more difficult posting on a phone! So I'll be quick. My other half bought some beers in because his mate was coming round, anyway turns out he cancelled so it's now quarter past midnight and I know there's a six pack in the fridge. I finish at seven am. I can't stop thinking about getting home and drinkingbthem. I'm on day seven as it's now part midnight..... I'm really going to struggle when I get home. Must think strong thoughts..get straight into bed, don't even open the fridge and end up in a staring contest....god this is hard...

Trinity x x
            Trinity
            don't set yourself up to fail. Have you already decided to drink the beer? Decide right now that you are not going to do it - and keep your promise to yourself. You can do this.
            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

He will be fast asleep in bed now, it wasn't bothering me when I left the house just now. I'm hoping it will pass and I'll just be exhausted when I get home. Funny but it's eased the minute I posted in here x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Trinity here's something that might help:

Buddhism speaks to inviting the discomfort in, sitting with it, instead of battling against. It's a "watch it come, sit with it, watch it go" mentality. The craving is not me...the urge is not me. That battling against is what creates addictional discomfort. The idea was weird and seemed counterintuitive to me at first, but when I realize the urge itself, the craving cannot hurt me and only has the power I give it...well a shift in my mind happened.

These are the words posted by someone with long- term sobriety -- a tool that helped them.

Practice the concept and see if it helps.

Hugs,
                UN :lilheart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Trinity, maybe getting this major award will give you the strength to stay the course!
                  For 7 full days of AF'ness, here is your prize!!
                  A Full MOON!

:moon:

This is for kicking AL's arse for 7 days! There is no day that you haven't been thru now, so here's to many more moons! Don't let anything or anybody derail you....a call to your hubs to take that beer out of the fridge wouldn't hurt...I wouldn't get mad if my hubs asked me to do that for him. Just make sure that it gets out of there or it will start to sprout heads and speak in tongues! Goof Proof yourself!
                  GREAT JOB on your 7 days! We are so proud of you! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1554458 wrote: Trinity, maybe getting this major award will give you the strength to stay the course!
                    For 7 full days of AF'ness, here is your prize!!
                    A Full MOON!

:moon:

This is for kicking AL's arse for 7 days! There is no day that you haven't been thru now, so here's to many more moons! Don't let anything or anybody derail you....a call to your hubs to take that beer out of the fridge wouldn't hurt...I wouldn't get mad if my hubs asked me to do that for him. Just make sure that it gets out of there or it will start to sprout heads and speak in tongues! Goof Proof yourself!
                    GREAT JOB on your 7 days! We are so proud of you! Byrdie
                    Byrd,

Have you ever considered the possibility of a career change? I think you would make a wonderful motivational speaker

C
                    In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, thank you CD!! You are a peach! B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

A busy day for all I see including me
                        I have 32 brand new chicks under my wing here & so far they are all looking good

Trinity, you decide who's stronger - you or that 6 pack. CONGRATS on your 7 AF days! I wouldn't give that up for anything

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aw thanks you lot, I don't know what I'd do without you at the moment! I'm so pleased with my FULL MOON!!! Lol may there be many more to come. Three fifteen now, tonight's going slowly...... I'm already shattered so hopefully that'll be enough to send me straight up to bed. I'll check back later. Oh and unwasted that post really is food for thought. Mmmm food I'm hungry.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted I absolutely love that. It makes sense when you think about it.
                            Trinity I am sorry to be abrupt, I would pitch a bitch about beer in my fridge. I have and Seriously doubt it ever happens again. So many other places he can keep it. But whatever happens, as Byrdie tells us, no one but you puts that al into your mouth. Please don't give in.
                            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all
                              wow! busy place here. There's just no way I can do a June 3 thingy so I'll just say greetings to all. Somewhere in here a few posts back Byrdie made a point of us drifting off after a time of being sober then the need to return. Her advice of checking in is sound and new or not it doesn't matter, always good to see what's about, how to help, how to be humble, and how to proud of what you accomplished. This poisonous beast we all deal with is relentless, but not unbeatable!!

Sam

P.s. Trinity, the hell with the beer, let it be someone else's hangover.
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Trinity please be strong.... Can you eat on your way home? That will help.... Also think how great it will be to spend time w your boy tomorrow w/o hangover ..... I know you want this.. Read your first few posts you were miserable and I can already hear a chg in you!!!! You are happy

Comment

Working...
                                X