Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Libras Unite

K9Lover;1570425 wrote: That post just reminded me...it's my Birthday weekend too...but SHHHHHH...I'm still in denial about it.
    My birthday is on Monday. First AF birthday probably since I was 13! That 42 years. OMG and I am thrilled!
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish welcome back! Sounds like your plan is in place and you're surrounded by love, that's a great start!
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Looks like I'll be up all night baking a Huge BD cake - fit for three birthdays

Kailey, sorry you decided to drink. It's always a decision you know. You really need to practice 'No Thanks', until you really believe it & learn to ignore pressure from others. Get back on your plan & decide what you will do the next time a similar situation arises. You can do this!

Let's all have a safe night in the nest - buckle up!!!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow 3june that's awesome .... Sorry kailey I know exactly how you feel.... Get back in there... I've had more day 1's in last month than in my whole life! I will never give up and one day I'll get a moon and a hat and flying undies until then glad to hear my little girls and friends playing in their rooms, my boy sleeping ready for football Saturday and my big girls planning for homecoming festivities next week... My hubby in bed next to me and me SOBER! My biggest prob right now is I have not made the switch to NEVER click in my head ....that's why I keep choosing poorly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Saturday morning with a clear head! Yippee!! Five days done and now on day six.

I watched the first part of 'Rain in my heart' last night. Wow. I want to watch the rest but as hubby doesn't believe I am an alcoholic (?!) I've been exploring/reading lots of things privately this week so want to find another quiet time over the weekend to watch some more.

Not getting complacent though. Saturdays are usually my 'anything goes' night, with lots of gin... Right now I feel confident and positive but I will take it one half hour at a time if I need to today... Gently does it.

I have to mention one thing I've done this week which has had a profound effect already. I've been taking GABA and 5-htp before bed, and for the first time in years have slept right through. No 3 or 4 am waking and not being able to go back to sleep (even on sober nights I would wake in the wee small hours). I can't tell you how brilliant this is. For me, sleep deprivation/depression are two sides of the same coin (severe PND for the first year with both my daughters) so this is a huge thing for me.

Have a brilliant day, everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DAY 6

MAE all
              Goodness, quite a party in the Nest last night, and I slept through it! Anyway, there's fresh coffee for everybody.

Strong, when is your birthday - today? tomorrow? You're not on the calendar

Olga, Day 6 here as well - well done, us! Yes, I think there should be a balance between confidence and complacency.

Kailey
              , big jump back onto the wagon, ok? You know you can do this

Everybody - have a good Saturday!

(And I fell off the smoking wagon.:upset
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning

Thank you for the supportive posts! I don't know how to do that "quote" thing yet, or I'd show some of the things you all said that helped give me ideas to stay AF. K9, Definitely re-arranging, that sounds like a great idea!

I go to work super early this morning (sigh) and it's a long day today, but when I get home my kids will be at their fathers for the night and the boyfriend will be at work, so I'm thinking about going shopping, which is something I LOOOOVE to do. When that selfish voice enters my head tonight, I'm telling it to "shut up, and go back to sleep!" It seemed to work for a while earlier this year when I was sober for 71 days. And I stayed busy, very busy. And I felt GREAT, lost 20 pounds, and my daughter started doing better in school, and I got along with people a whole lot better, especially myself. I'd think that would have been enough for me to keep going, but I made a bad choice, and here I am, drinking again, looking for a way out. Why I chose to do something that drains all my happiness and pride away is something I don't think I'll ever fully understand.

BTW, I'm SO happy I found this place! You all make me feel like I am not alone, and I can tell you more than I'd tell anyone else. It's sure good to get things out after so long!

Sorry for rambling. Todays plan is work, go shopping, come home, do a facial, and bed. I'll throw a few meals in there somewhere. I crave alcohol more on an empty stomach. Thanks for reading
                :thanks: :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nester friends!
                  I have had a very busy morning with lots of kids and getting ready for an open house at the school. So just a quickie.

A warm welcome to all of the newest Newbies:welcome:--this is such a great place to get comfortable, great people to get to know--

Kailey, :l I'm glad to see you jumping back in immediately. You've experienced again the reality and you will learn from it, not let it get you down. For me it's been much easier not to go place I know al will be served--even more so when I know the people will be drinking excessively. I know many don't have a choice-- with regards to work functions- there a plan has to be so well thought out ahead of time--or so I'd imagine. Stay close!!

Happy Birthday to all the special birthday kids! Hope you all have a wonderful day--

And BHalo. Great job on getting right back up there-- already 7 days!!:goodjob: and thinking of you..

Ican, Noodle and DO-- happy to see you all!!!

Olgada, so nice to see you feeling so strong-- i really like the guinea pig avatar!-is that a drawing of yours?

Will check back later. Wishing you all a peaceful MAE--(was that properly used?)

Comment

Newbies Nest

My birthday is on Monday. First AF birthday probably since I was 13! That 42 years. OMG and I am thrilled!
                    Hope you have a great day 3J, you legend you! :l

Afternoon nesters The weather here is grim again, it's just as well there is sunshine in my soul or I'd be doomed, doomed I tell ye! (okay, a wee bit dramatic, but I am in a silly mood!)

I have decided to NOT beat myself up anymore about my monumental slip last week. It's all positive in my corner of the nest (apart from the weather!)

Kailey, get right back on it, what's done is done it's all about what you do today now. :l

Dave, have a great weekend with those darling boys of yours!

HC, that sounds like a good plan, well done!

LC, thank you :l

I better get the dishes done, I'll probably be around today since the weather is so sh*t. Take care everyone
                    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                      Welcome, KatheC!!! Jump on in! If you haven't visited the tool box yet, link is in my byline below. It's great reading!

OlgaP.....My 1000th day anniversary was the past Tuesday....it's hard to get me to hush on a good day, but a day like that, I was full of it. In my acceptance speech (Thank you, Allan, for the magic lamp!) The first paragraph said, "I learned which voices to listen to." If your hubs is telling you that you don't have a problem, well, that's an easy voice to listen to, but it isn't the TRUTH, is it? Only WE can make that determination and by virtue of the fact that you are here speaks in a voice that can't be ignored. You must tune out the voice of CAN'T, SHOULDN'T, FAIL....and tune IN the voices of SOBER AND LOVING IT!!! The reason we all feel good is NOT because of AL, it's because we are NOT using it!! Remember that song, "Smiling faces tell lies". I'm sure your hubs doesn't know the extent of your problem. Mine didn't and still doesn't. I'm good with that, everyone here DOES know!

I was watching the news this morning, and there was some story about a body builder...I was just passing the channel as I was getting ready this morning, but the guy picked up some enormous amount of weight. It set me to thinking that his was much like our journey. One his first day of body building, I reckon it was everything he could do to lift a certain amount. But day by day, he kept at it and those muscles kept increasing in strength. Today, when he goes to lift a sofa, I imagine he thinks nothing of it. The same with us. It takes time to gain the strength and confidence that it takes to win this battle. It does not happen overnight but it DOES happen IF YOU GIVE IT A CHANCE! Take the choice of drinking OFF your list of options....just take it off. I'm telling you, this is the key to winning. Say, NO HELL NO! AL is not going to take one more day of my precious life!! JUST SAY NO!!!

Ican....try not to box yourself into a corner with your thinking. When I think of NEVER even I get the heebeegeebees. Try not to think like that or you will be overwhelmed. Just tell yourself that on this day....you will not drink AL...no matter what and no matter who. That's do-able, right? That's the way I approach it. So far, so good.

Twinkle, twinkle little Star... I am wondering how you are! Hope you are doing great today!!

I'm off to see Ann Carolina today!! We are going to have lunch and go shopping! What a great afternoon! I hope everyone has a wonderful, AF day and stay connected to the nest! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

3June2013;1570570 wrote: My birthday is on Monday. First AF birthday probably since I was 13! That 42 years. OMG and I am thrilled!
                        Exciting, isn't it! This is truly a new BIRTHDAY for us! Many, many blessings. I'm not religious, bit we!re alredy blesses. We quit AL.
                        10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DreamThinkDo;1570615 wrote: MAE all
                          Goodness, quite a party in the Nest last night, and I slept through it! Anyway, there's fresh coffee for everybody.

Strong, when is your birthday - today? tomorrow? You're not on the calendar

Olga
                          , Day 6 here as well - well done, us! Yes, I think there should be a balance between confidence and complacency.

Kailey
                          , big jump back onto the wagon, ok? You know you can do this

Everybody - have a good Saturday!

(And I fell off the smoking wagon.:upset
                          There's a calendar??????!!!!! Quitting smoking too? Very ambitious and determined! Good for you to go for it. How are you about falling off the smoking wagon?
                          10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all
                            What are you doing with this fabulous day? I'm going to feel great again tomorrow morning- how about you? Despite the cold and rain, going hiking around the Lake. I may never be back here again and don't want to miss it! Big higs to all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Big higs to you too Strong ( I love a good typo!) have a wonderful weekend and a great birthday

I might venture out now that the rain has finally stopped. Nothing as exciting as hiking, but a wee bit of shopping maybe
                              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday morning Nesters!

First of all I wish all the birthday kids a very happy & wonderful AF day
                                Sober birthdays are the best possible gift you can give to yourself. A day without guilt & remorse, not to mention a hangover is an awesome self gift

Anyone interested in quitting smoking ,go take a look at this site:
                                Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community
                                It has helped me tremendously.

Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X