Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check in to say life is good sober, very good and a ten hour sleep helps immensely.

Love you can do this, you just need to make some priorities, that being your son and yourself, you can do this we all believe in you.

Hadit good to see you posting and being AF, keep at it my friend, it gets better though the tiredness seems to hang for awhile but sleep is good when it happens.

Where are you Jane?

Well off i go to work, will read some more later. Have a great MAE.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters,
      Sorry to report I failed today. I drank .. But I drank in limits. No excuse but struggle is on. I am sorry for being such a bad example here but I will come on track ... I know I have to ...
      Rahul
      --------------------------------------------
      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
      Rebooting ... done ...
      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

rahul as long as you keep trying you are not failing. I could not quit on my own because of physical withdrawal so i went to detox, after that I went 17 days sober and then relapsed yesterday and am now on day one again, but you just have to keep getting back up again and keep trying. the only time you will ever fail is if u quit trying. wishing you the best :h

-Love
        ?That's the problem with drinking,
        If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
        if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
        and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
        ― Charles Bukowski
        :wings::wings:
        Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul - Do you know what triggered your drinking (other than being an alcoholic)? Was it something specific, or did you just find the urge too strong to ignore? Have you ever tried to imagine past the drinks to the way you feel now? Some call it "urge surfing" or "fast forwarding". I could easily romanticize drinking, but for me, it's not about a nice buzz and good times. Like I said the other day, I didn't end up in jail 3 times for singing too loud in the choir. I ended up there for being a stupid drunk driver. Whenever I think of howa drink or two "wouldn't hurt", I remember vividly waking up in a jail cell, covered in vomit, missing my jail-issued shoes. That's MY reality of drinking. Alcohol has a strong pull over us, but don't be fooled, you are stronger than alcohol is. Show it who's boss.
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in - I am really losing my drive for anything now.

Cannot be bothered with work, relationships, family, working out, going out .... anything.

Fed up and just can't see the light.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I failed again tonight...i dont think i can stay sober if my husband is getting drunk everyday and leaving liquor around the house everywhere....somethings gotta give...
              ?That's the problem with drinking,
              If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
              if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
              and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
              ― Charles Bukowski
              :wings::wings:
              Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Loveless;1597752 wrote: I failed again tonight...i dont think i can stay sober if my husband is getting drunk everyday and leaving liquor around the house everywhere....somethings gotta give...
                Sounds to me like you may have some difficult decisions to make, and soon. Please chose yourself and your son over your husband and alcohol. :h

p.s. Don't blame him for your own drinking. Only YOU can make the choice to pour alcohol down your throat. Many people on this site have gotten sober while sitting right next toa partner that was drinking. It's YOUR choice.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love, You may have some difficult relationship decisions to make? and I will try not to give you advice on that. I can say however, that your health and the safety, and well being of your son take precedent over EVERYTHING else?.. including your husband. Don't let his drinking and lack of support for you get in the way of what you are trying to accomplish. You need to get the alcohol out of the house?.. and if that means him with it? so be it !!

We are here for you?.. don't drink? post and read, walk, shop, clean?. do anything else but don't drink. you can do this !!
                  I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
                  http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovely
                    K-9 is right, the only pouring that drink your throat is you. Possible for you to keep in contact with the detox place you went to for further support?
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

HFN

Like it seems so many of us are tonight.. am only here for a flyby. I feel like I have been Zapped of all my energy. Kinda like you describe Lond. Dont care about work..hard to get up to make dinner..dont feel like cleaning..Nothing. I saw that many of us have been feeling drained in some way..hmm...solar flare .

Love..just keep at it. Your going to go through many emotions. One hour you feel great..next your feeling like screw everything. You need to push through all that to where your feelings and thoughts are clear. I would suggest you not take any serious action other than getting balanced. Im not saying what your feeling is right or wrong. Just not in focus.

Damn..buzzer went off. I guess its time to eat..lay down..and chilax. Hoping we all get more umpff tonight
                      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler;1597776 wrote: HFN

Like it seems so many of us are tonight.. am only here for a flyby. I feel like I have been Zapped of all my energy. Kinda like you describe Lond. Dont care about work..hard to get up to make dinner..dont feel like cleaning..Nothing. I saw that many of us have been feeling drained in some way..hmm...solar flare .

Love..just keep at it. Your going to go through many emotions. One hour you feel great..next your feeling like screw everything. You need to push through all that to where your feelings and thoughts are clear. I would suggest you not take any serious action other than getting balanced. Im not saying what your feeling is right or wrong. Just not in focus.

Damn..buzzer went off. I guess its time to eat..lay down..and chilax. Hoping we all get more umpff tonight
                        Gambler, You are reaching some amazing milestones. And wow things are heading in the right direction for you. Good job!
                        Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler;1597776 wrote: HFN

While this is true...don't give her a "pass" to drink, she knows better. I'm only saying this about you Loveless because I care what happens to you and your baby boy. Think of HIM, if nothing else.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Been in a training class all day and a 3 hour drive home. Pooped!
                            As someone who had 1000 day ones, all I can say is that you are eventually going to have to get a grip on this. You can keep running in the hamster wheel, or you can choose to get off. You will save yourself a tremendous amount of pain and suffering if you just do it once and for all. Anything else is just prolonging the agony. The longer you wait the more likely it is that someone is going to get hurt. You are going to eventually have a sober Christmas, it may as well be this one. Just do it. You' ll never be sorry! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1597833 wrote: ...you are eventually going to have to get a grip on this. You can keep running in the hamster wheel, or you can choose to get off. You will save yourself a tremendous amount of pain and suffering if you just do it once and for all. Anything else is just prolonging the agony. The longer you wait the more likely it is that someone is going to get hurt. You are going to eventually have a sober Christmas, it may as well be this one. Just do it.
                              This is exactly what I've been trying to figure out how to say all day, Byrdie, and you nailed it!
                              There are a couple people I really care about on MWO who have had long AF periods and who I know want to quit with all their hearts but who just can't get it going this time. I hope they read your post and really hear what you are saying. There is nothing to be gained by waiting one more moment. As you said, JUST DO IT!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love,
                                Byrdie and NS are right. Don't wait until you're 58 like me. I wish with everything I've got I had quit when I was young, for myself and my son. You can't go back and do it over. Remember it's poison to your body, mind, and soul.

So it's day 38 for me and I feel good. I relish my sober hours at the end of the day. I hope all of you are having a great AF MAE.
                                Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Working...
                                X