Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

HP/TJ it must be nice driving to nowhere in particular, wait until summer/spring.

My baby is in hospital so mothers intuition was completely right. Your pic reminds me of my girl and she is in the right place at the moment. Needs an operation as her bowel is pretty well blocked but will know more tomorrow. Even the $1000 is worth every cent, she has been part of the family for 11 years.

Thanks to those for the warm thoughts. No drowning in a bottle for me due to stress. I need a clear sober head just in case anything happens and i dont need any wine in my life.

Day 68, the big 70 on Saturday, still amazed and stunned. All newbies it is totally achievable and it only takes one day at a time.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava.

I'll say a little prayer for her. I do hope she'll be fine.

You are right. I can't wait for those long spring and summer days to arrive. But one day at a time. I cant get too far ahead of myself.

Well done on getting through the first 68 days, 70 is your next milestone. On you go with your little girl too by your side too!

HP

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava, I'm sorry to hear about your pup. I'm sending good thoughts your way!

A friend posted this on Facebook today and I thought I would pass it on. A good article regarding addiction written by Russell Brand. I can relate to some of what he said, even furthering my resolve that I do have a problem and need to stick with my quit.

Russell Brand: my life without drugs | Culture | The Guardian

I hope you all in the Nest are doing well today. I'm sad and lonely for some reason. The depression downs of course. Usually I take my dog to my mother-in-laws house so he can spend the afternoon with her (she hates to be alone; she is battling cancer and depression), but I decided to keep him with me today so I would not be lonely. I feel bad about being selfish, as she is going through so much right now and I know she enjoys the company... but I just don't want to be alone in the house this afternoon or go out. I will join her for a walk later this evening.

Much love and strength to you all today. I'm sticking close.
        Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

So grateful to be back, power restored, house is nice & warm
          I feel sorry for those still without power - more than 500,000 here on PA!

Ava, so sorry to hear about your pup. Hang in there & turn to us for support :l

MS, are you doing anything to address your sadness & depression?
          I've been on an herbal supplement for 5 years, keeps my moods stable. A low mood is what drove me to drinking & I refuse to go there ever again

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi. Not sure what to say but wanted to say thanks to you all. I've been reading for a few days, after disappearing a few years back and will begin this AF journey again today. Wishing everyone the best.
            "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey ladies & gents, just a real quick check-in from me as have had a busy few days without much time or privacy to post, but have appreciated all your support and kept many of your encouraging comments in my head. I am coming to the end of Day 3 now and feeling pretty good. Day 1 was hellish but these last two have been pretty A-OK, managed to get some dancing and walking and reading done and not really missed the AL, so far.

Tomorrow am off for a weekend trip with a few friends, so wish me luck, it was a party weekend last time I fell off the wagon after a reasonable run of feel-good sober days. Have told the pals that I'm on a detox-diet thing, lose some weight, get a bit healthier etc, am hoping that will appear acceptable and deflect any questions I'm not currently comfortable to answer. I'm looking forward to posting next week that I made it, and my Day 7 is in sight!

Mind & Roxy - hope you two are doing great on our shared Day 3. See you at the week marker :-)

Ava - so sorry about your pup :-( my pooches are my babies, so I can totally relate.

Sorry to anyone I missed out. Sending hugs xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav, I do take an AD and see a therapist. I trying to work through it one day at a time. What is the name of the herbal supplement that you take?

Staying away from AL will help with the depression. Just another reason for me to stay AF!
                Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                  Quick check in....
                  Good to see you again, Panacea, if you have been here before, you know there's nuttin to do but to do it! Glad to have you aboard!

Taylor, I could relate to your post...I would pass out on the couch, wake up at 1 in the morning and see half a glass of wine sitting there, and just down it and go to bed. WTH??? I drank when I didn't want to. Why? THAT is the power of addiction. It has really earned my respect and I'm not going to poke that snake again. So now you know....do whatever it takes to NOT take that first drink (that's the one that gets us). :H
                  Hope everyone has an easy day...Ava, hugs to your doggie...xxoo, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You're ahead of me roller girl, I'll try and hang on to your tail.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mein Sonnenschein;1623491 wrote: A friend posted this on Facebook today and I thought I would pass it on. A good article regarding addiction written by Russell Brand. I can relate to some of what he said, even furthering my resolve that I do have a problem and need to stick with my quit.

Russell Brand: my life without drugs | Culture | The Guardian
                      Good article, I came here to post that. A good reminder that only from a place of compassion and understanding can we help each other be better. One day at a time.
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                        22F here and more snow on the way..will this ever end......
                        Planning to stay in today. Have a few chores to do and then there is always the mess in the dining room...I am chipping away a little at a time. That is the best I can do.
                        It seems that the more AF days behind me the better I feel..I have the occasional thought about wine but they are fewer and fewer which I find astounding...who would have though it ..surely not me.
                        If I can do this I know anyone here can...post and read and read and post....that was the thing that really helped me this time....this connection was the missing piece.
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE nesters

just checking in, day 2 for me today. rubbish sleep & crazy dreams, but otherwise okay

wondering what to do with myself at the moment, normally by now I'd be vegging in front of the TV with a drink. think I'll head over to the toolbox & find myself something constructive to do

hope everyone is having a great day

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are doing great Dottie

Welcome back Panacea!
                            You know you need a good working plan to help you meet your goals - use the Tool box, it's full of great ideas

Roller girl, are you sure you are ready for a weekend away with friends? Sounds like an invitation from the devil - sorry but true this early in your quit. Make sure you are committed & sound strong when you say 'No thanks' to the offer of a drink. Check in with us when you can!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi badger - cross post
                              The Tool box is the place to be!!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

badger;1623567 wrote:
                                wondering what to do with myself at the moment, normally by now I'd be vegging in front of the TV with a drink. think I'll head over to the toolbox & find myself something constructive to do)
                                That is a great way to spend some time on day 2 or 20 or 200 ! I figure I was wasting at least 4 hours of my life daily so, especially at the beginning, I spent about that much time on MWO everyday. Especially if this the main or only support you have for quitting, as it has been for me, you've got to really use it.

I'm glad you came back, Badger (with your much better name ). You've made it past what can be your last day 1!

Hi, Lav and Dottie!

Comment

Working...
                                X