Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Not often a man says i am right lol.

My birthday is on Easter Sunday, god do you know the plans i had for the whole of Easter. Party party party for my 50th. My friends, my kids friends and a big celebration and have the rest of the week off to recover (or keep drinking). Fast forward to now and its not really a good plan at all but the al brain was in happy mode, so much al, so much fun! How my mindset has changed for the better, now it is a family dinner to celebrate my actually being alive and a celebration of me being af. My daughters idea and i cant argue with that!

We will be here to celebrate your 50th on a Wednesday and mocktails it will be i am thinking.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1636184 wrote: I AM sober and proud.
      I know the secret to a treasure which no one knows ..
      I WILL look good .. AND already feel good
      I AM strong spiritually
      I AM changing my life .. and WILLbecome organized
      I AM responsible ..
      I HAVE taken charge ... to be proactive
      I AM Killing my inhibitions not by AL but myself ...
      I AM feeling fresh breath air ... breath of life and not of poison ...
      Love it Rahul!

Congratulations Ava! You beewdy!

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical week. Passing the extra heavy duty butt velcro to the left! Buckle up.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1636258 wrote: Not often a man says i am right lol.
        Ava. You are ALWAYS right!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all - feeling a little better today - I think the worst is behind me (the worst of the cold that I have...not misleading myself that the worst on this AF journey is over yet!!).

Congratulations Ava - I'm so happy for you and you are an inspiration to me!

Rahul - hang in there and keep up that thinking! And keep coming on here. I know how appealing AL can seem but we all know why we wanted to leave it and why we are here. And we cannot forget. I was thinking about your post and not only getting into situations like you described, but also about all of the pro-AL ads, signs, sayings, quotes, etc. out there where people are encouraging drinknig and questioning the mentalities of people who do not drink. We just have to stay strong and keep remembering as you say that we have the 'secret to a treasure' - only AL free life can bring! I have been somewhat lucky not to be in many social situations since I have started this journey but I will keep your words in mind when I do get into similar positions!

Good day all! Ava ENJOY!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nest. I'm still here. The stressful week turned into a better weekend. MIL's surgery went well... no problems with the heart, the bones above and below the bones riddled with cancer look good so the metal rods were implanted without an issue. She was actually up and walking around yesterday (with assistance, of course). She is still in a lot of pain from the surgery so she will stay in the hospital for the next 10 days, but things are looking much better than they have for the past few months.

And I'm staying sober through this. At times I talk myself into thinking that maybe it would be easier to handle with just one little drink, but we all know that's just the AL brain talking. I'm sure that being sober is the only way I've been able to remain calm. Thank God!

Much love and strength to you all. I have a lot of catch up reading to do!
            Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a great post to wake up to, Mein! I'm glad your MIL has had some good news and that you have been able to stay AF through all of this. You are getting stronger and stronger :l.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

That's great news Mein
                Happy to hear you are staying on plan through all this as well.

David, hope you get to see your Doc & get something for a few days to help you detox. Please check in, let us know how you are doing!

Ava, CONGRATS to you - love your coffee cup too

Hello to everyone, I'm running really late this morning!
                Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

New here, day 1. After an awful weekend. Was so ill yesterday from alcohol. Don't want to feel like that again. I want to have a life without alcohol, nothing good ever comes from it. Only bad things. I don't want the stupid decisions I make while under the influence to affect the relationship I have with my amazing partner, or my children. I'm getting married in 11 weeks and want to be sober for it. Another thing I was worried about, not remembering or making a fool of myself in front of our families and friends. Embarrassing my partner. People say why don't you just have a few, but I wish it was that easy. If it was I wouldn't be here. It's an all or nothing thing with me when it comes to alcohol. I have no off switch, or control. So its nothing from now on! I haven't had the chance to read much of the forums, I hope they help.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Sugar

I guess you're my opposite in terms of sugar but we can both be nondrinkers !

You've found a great place to get the information and support you'll need to get this done. If you haven't checked it out already, the toolbox (link below) is a great place to get ideas for your plan.

Glad you're here! - (No)Sugar

Comment

Newbies Nest

A quick fly by this morning! I'm out the door! I will be traveling for at least one overnighter so will check in when I can. AL is not invited! Stay strong everyone! Hugs, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Sugar....read. read & read somemore...post again ...stay with it Lot's of amazing success stories here...lots of support!

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1636290 wrote: Hi, Sugar

I guess you're my opposite in terms of sugar but we can both be nondrinkers !

You've found a great place to get the information and support you'll need to get this done. If you haven't checked it out already, the toolbox (link below) is a great place to get ideas for your plan.

Glad you're here! - (No)Sugar
                          Thanks so much for the welcome and the links Nosugar , just had a little read, and will keep reading. Never thought of a plan as such. But obviously always a good idea to have one and read other peoples stories :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi today is day 1 for me also after another bad weekend . I'm sick of being sick ...looking forward to enjoying my weekends ...been dreading them for sometime as I know the pattern for me ...finish work , drink the weekend away ...Sunday sick and depressed ,looks from my husband and daughter ..the worst is the guilt ..start to feel normal by Wed. to start it all over again Friday . Wow when I put it like that what a waste .
                            I am very grateful for this site .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Summering :welcome:

You and Sugar77 can hang out together and get this done! It is nice to have someone at the same stage as you. It is amazing how much we are all alike in this one (horrible) aspect of our lives. What you're going through is not unique. It was such a relief for me to come here and find out that I wasn't the "only one" carrying around all the self-loathing and guilt.

So glad you're here! NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                                Staying in today to tidy up RV and garage. Maybe a quick fly by at the grocery.
                                Gloomy and cold but there is promise of warmer weather later in the week...and also snow....crazy weather...
                                Bought my self a Samsung tablet this weekend and I am not sure if I like it yet or not...I have 15 days to return it so I need to see if I can use this or now. It is a toy and not nearly funcional enough for all my big stuff....so we shall see but I do like toys....
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X