Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
    I had trouble with double posts too..my post didn't clear when I hit reply.
    Meeting was good tonight but way too long...zzzzzz
    Nothing much tomorrow but event at church tomorrow night...
    Have a good evening all!
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow ..first time in a long time I drove by the wine store on my way home on a Friday night and did not even think of stopping !!

Comment

Newbies Nest

summering;1637985 wrote: Wow ..first time in a long time I drove by the wine store on my way home on a Friday night and did not even think of stopping !!
        Wonderful. It will be even better tomorrow morning!
        :goodjob:
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Coffee? It really does taste that much better when you don't try to chase away a hangover with it!!

I see a gardening day in my Saturday - if anybody wants to come and keep me company, hop on over.

Have a lovely Saturday - and keep it AF, won't you? If you start to feel a bit wonky and find your thoughts going the wrong way, pop in here - there will be somebody to help you with the butt velcro.
          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh my goodness! What a wonderful day of posts here in the nest! So much of what was said and replied to.. also applied to me. Thanks so much you all!

I'm actually thinking Sunday might be a good "AF day 1" for me. I know I know.. no day is better than the present day, but it's an initial goal anyway. I'd like to hope I can at least commit to that. Saturday I think I just need to spend the entire day re-reading the toolbox.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sarah - :yay: :yay: :yay:

Saturday would have been better, but stick to your plan of re-reading the Toolbox and then jump in on Sunday. I promise you, this is one thing you will never ever EVER regret doing!!!!!

Change "I'd like to hope I can at least commit to that" to "I will commit to Sunday." Short, sweet, to the point.
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

You're right DTD...TY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy 21st Petrel, proud of your achievement and your possitivity in your plan of going af even if for three months but you do get to be quite comfortable in not drinking.

My son left an empty bottle of southern comfort on the table and i thought mmm maybe a drink would be nice and im like wtf i dont even like that drink so i quite happily put the bottle in the bin.

it is absolutely torrentially pouring here and love it except my car window is down and i cant go outside and close it. oh well, the inside needed a wash obviously. It has been so dry so its nice to have some rain and gives me an excuse to be lazy not that i need an excuse.

I hope you stick to your plan sarah and wishing you the best of luck, though you dont need luck just determination in not drinking.

MWO has been unbelievable in loading and posting atm, very frustrating i must say.
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Ava and Jane.

It's only the end of day 20, but thank you. Feeling good about AF even if I have other issues to deal with ATM. AF makes all of that easier.

Thanks all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops trust us alkies to want to party before the actual day is all i will say about that.

Af makes everything better Petrel, bloody everything. I'm watching Independence Day and for the life of me i have watched it before and am sure they have added new bits that i did not remember before. Another movie watched drinking and not remembering.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava, I can so relate. Watching transformer series with my youngest son. Lots I don't recall because I was obviously too drunk. Yet another reason to go beyond 3 months.

Comment

Newbies Nest

That or bored senseless watching it haha. Its great to hear that you are going to go beyond 3 months. No point in going back to where you were and having to start again. I looked on the date/time dooby and i have done 15 weeks, unbelievable really and now that is the way i keep count but i still need to see what i have achieved. Now if i can only learn to get a decent sleep pattern my life will be complete.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday morning Nesters!

Enjoying some coffee & waiting to see if the sun actually makes an appearance

Face your day fearlessly, stick to your plan & you will have no regrets, promise
                            Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava, for what it's worth, hard workouts/exercise have done wonders for my sleep. I highly recommend it. So many other health and psychological benefits too. I think the trick is to find an activity that you really like. Running works for me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well since it is your 21 days tomorrow i will make it a mission to get off my butt and go for a walk for an hour and if it doesnt work, i wont be happy haha. I used to love walking but just cant seem to get my A into G for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X