Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good on you Dil, i used to be on mwo constantly and reading and more reading. I slept like crap also in the beginning but i did nap when i was tired as i realised that my body was healing. Now i sleep like the dead sober instead of sleeping like a dead drunk. Read "you know your an alcoholic when" thats worth a chuckle i must say. Sad but so true what we did drunk and there are some noteworthy moments i must say.

You have your strategies in place, keep them going, to me this is my AA.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to see folks had a good day & are all getting healthier too
      I had an unexpected but fun day at the zoo - love the zoo Grandkids had a ball!!!
      I am so grateful to be AF & enjoying this precious time, Everyone deserves an AF life!!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

DreamThinkDo;1651988 wrote:

Mr SuperGman - I don't really have to tell you to keep on fighting, do I? I'm always in awe of your incredible outlook on life - keep the spirit going.

Ah, you're a gem Dreamy! :l

Speaking of weather presenters. There used to be nude weather forecasts here from the USA on cable t.v. lol.

Where's Gambler, Fin, and Allan UK?

Wishing all a safe, sober, and magical week.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

just checking in. Know I would get sick if I drank so I haven't drank. Haven't taken the antibuse for about 6 days. I'm wondering if I can take it once a week because as long as it's in my system even a little I can't drink.
          It's more of a psychological thing.
          :hitme:
          Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mimi I once had a drink after not having antabuse for 3 days [ planned drink ] and felt like crap . BND .
            Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
            Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

Dila glad you are holding on. Read, watch videos, search on you tube "alcoholism" "addiction", "dopamine" .... There are several documentaries out there which are an eye opener.

Thanks for suggestions of how to handle and do and don't of coffee. Strange I used to take coffee after drinking as it used to make me fresh from the high. Now with no alcohol in system maybe I should remember caffeine is also a drug.
              Rahul
              --------------------------------------------
              Rewiring my brain ... done ...
              Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
              Rebooting ... done ...
              Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening, everyone:

Dila - good on you. I was here posting and reading with Ava - she's one day ahead of me. And many, many YouTube documentaries. Does someone remember where that list might be? Maybe we could repost it.

OMG - G-Man - I remember the naked weather. I hadn't thought about that in a LOOONG time. Hilarious.

Hope everyone is safely tucked in.

Night,
                Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

And Jennie, I'm very happy to see you here, too!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning guys - Day 4. So I'm right behind you Dila, stay one step ahead of me!

Well into detox now, I had a banging headache yesterday through the witching hour, was awake in the night last night and have woken up with a headache too. I think I'll take the kids swimming to see if that shifts it.

Byrdie - that meteorologist trip sounds like a lot of fun. I love the weather, the kids and I learn a fair bit about the weather as it's so interesting.

Jane - I hope you're ok and got some sleep.

Rahul - wow, all that caffeine! Do you know, funnily enough I'm not good with caffeine. I switched to decaf when I was pregnant with my first child and now on the extremely rare occasion that I have any, my heart races and I feel very shaky. Because of that I happily avoid it, but struggle to stop drinking even though hangovers make me ten times worse! Just daft.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning guys - Day 4. So I'm right behind you Dila, stay one step ahead of me!

Well into detox now, I had a banging headache yesterday through the witching hour, was awake in the night last night and have woken up with a headache too. I think I'll take the kids swimming to see if that shifts it.

Byrdie - that meteorologist trip sounds like a lot of fun. I love the weather, the kids and I learn a fair bit about the weather as it's so interesting.

Jane - I hope you're ok and got some sleep.

Rahul - wow, all that caffeine! Do you know, funnily enough I'm not good with caffeine. I switched to decaf when I was pregnant with my first child and now on the extremely rare occasion that I have any, my heart races and I feel very shaky. Because of that I happily avoid it, but struggle to stop drinking even though hangovers make me ten times worse! Just daft.

Comment

Newbies Nest

so another day one under my belt?..felt so good not being hungover (although i know i MUST still have some alcohol in my system)?so felt so good not being hungover that when I woke up at 4:30am I did not want to fall back asleep and my mind was racing about all the stuff I want to do today. So, I ended up getting up too early. BAD MOVE. This always happens to me. I wake up excited about not feeling like crap so don't get enough sleep. So, the end of the day, I feel like crap, have trouble dealing with life because I am so tired so what do i do??? reach for the bottle.
                        I WILL NOT DO THAT TONIGHT.
                        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Rainy day here chez Dreamy - would be lovely to spend the day in bed, with a book...

Zoos, swimming, naked and clothed weathermen - there's always something interesting going on here!

Well done Willow and Dila - the worst part is almost behind you.

Dila, reading and posting all over the boards helped me through many a bad patch; well done on doing that instead of what your boozebrain wanted you to do! Love your take on what DH stands for!

Willow, see the headaches as a sign that your body is getting rid of toxins - you'll soon be right as rain :H.

Jane sweetheart have a good cry - feel really sorry for yourself, then have a long hot bath with bubbles and candles and face the world again. I'm all for being positive and looking on the bright side of things, but sometimes we have to get things out of your system. You've told us a lot about yourself here on the boards, and all those memories need some sort of outlet. Have a self-replenishing :l. Take when needed. And stay connected... you know we care about you.

Rahul, I have trouble sleeping, and try to avoid coffee from late afternoon onwards. But, I also love my coffee, so I sometimes have an evening coffee - sometimes it affects my sleep, and sometimes it doesn't.

Mimi, I know very little about AB, but do whatever you think will work for you. Once your not-drinking mindset is strong, tweak your plan to suit your new life.

Just remembered it's Hump Day - have a good, AF one Nesters!
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane27;1652031 wrote:

Petrel, where are you? Ava, Petrel's gone missing! (tattle
                            Jane, thank you for caring. And I'm sorry for going AWOL. Must check that Velcro!

Comment

Newbies Nest

love the mug dreamy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane27;1652406 wrote: Feel like I need a cry that renders me exhausted. Don't know why. Staying awake while everyone else Is asleep is a comfort, because there's no pressure to interact, no tv show rambling away in a bad noise way, and even though it's quiet, I'm not totally alone. Weird. And at the same time I feel lonely.
                                Jane, I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. There will always be ups after the downs.

Comment

Working...
                                X