Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Newbies,

As I posted earlier today under the subject "90 day Challenge," I plan to spend the next 90 days alcohol free and would love to have some people on this board hold me accountable by viewing my progress reports.

I'm about to go to bed for the night and am happy to say I did not drink today. However, day 1 is always easy for me. It is day 2 and day 3 that are difficult. I also have difficulty on days in which stressful or angering things happen to me. I feel that if I can just make it through 5 days, I could make it 90 days.

Fingers crossed.

JWP

Comment

Newbies Nest

JWP,

All the best on the challenge. We had accepted such challenge and for me I am continuing it belong 90 days. It turns out sober life is good , better ! All the best.

Kenso : embracing sobriety is like waking up. Waking from a dream or nightmare. It's like suddenly you got the knowledge which you didn't have. For me at that juncture after about 30 days I stared noticing things which I didn't notice in past. Whether it's blue sky or fresh air etc. but most importantly I stared noticing my life. What and I doing, where I am going, why I a going etc. it turns out we were so occupied and busy drinking that it never occurred to us why we're working/living in the first pace. I still don't have all the answer to it but one thing I am 100% sure I don't want to drink ... Ever !

Congrats Matt on 30 days life so better now isn't it ?

Lav enjoy the company of the grand kids !
      Rahul
      --------------------------------------------
      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
      Rebooting ... done ...
      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

KENSHO;1701428 wrote: I'm trying to be positive, but the truth is that I'm feeling pretty flat. After nearly a month, I realize I no longer want to drink daily. Though I miss the immediate gratification and feeling of ease, I know it is a road I do not want to go down. It's a road to nowhere really - no growth, problem relationships, certain health consequences, etc. Problem is that I don't know what the new road really looks like. I'm evaluating everything as if I have a whole new ticket to life - but the evaluation is sometimes painful and overwhelming and confusing. What do I want? Where do I go from here? Who do I want to be? I'm tired of thinking.
        We all go through different emotions in this af journey Kensho and starting to like ourselves again after pouring al down our throats to drown our feelings out was what we used to do. It was part of my life for years and years. We now have to face each and everyday sober and its hard some days, its overwhelming but its also liberating to be doing it sober. I never had to think about much except which bottleshop i would go to and how much money i had to buy wine and would i make it to work and function. As time goes on you will grow and you will love the new you, its an experience i am quite enjoying, a bit like a butterfly coming out of a cocoon. Im just glad i dont live for three days and then die! The road is rocky as we are still in early recovery, our life does not automatically become perfect overnight. Appreciate that you are not drinking and embrace that feeling. Deal with what you feel you are able to manage and put the rest away for another day. I want to be sober and happy that is all, and i am now.

Matt thank you, in the number 5 i am very happy with that!

Rahul, how are you? i notice 200 days is nearly upon you.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day off from work b/c of dental appointment. Then lunch with hubby at an awesome organic kitchen.To Green's Feed & Seed. Then off to meet Trigg- an 11 y.o. Buckskin TWH gelding- the Cadillac of horses. Possibly a gift from my husband? what a wonderful way never to become bored & want to drink!!!! No more battery acid! Hang in there everyone. Continue to enjoy life's simple pleasures!

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning NN!! back from 5:30 INSANITY gym class (yes, it is insane) and have already showered and now on my way to work….feeling pretty good!! wish I felt like this at the END of the day
            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Congrats to Matt on 30 AF days - yay!!!

Kensho, try real hard not to worry about the future so much. It was a big problem for me too but somehow everything works out OK. Keep the faith

Hi there Ava the badass, Rahul, Rivergal & Jennie - you all sound good

Hello & welcome JWP, glad you decided to join us. What's on your plan to help keep you sober today & tomorrow? A good strong working plan really helps. Take a look in the Tool box for some great ideas

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing everyone an easy day! I'm off to the big city! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

JWP;1701430 wrote: Hi Newbies,

As I posted earlier today under the subject "90 day Challenge," I plan to spend the next 90 days alcohol free and would love to have some people on this board hold me accountable by viewing my progress reports.

I'm about to go to bed for the night and am happy to say I did not drink today. However, day 1 is always easy for me. It is day 2 and day 3 that are difficult. I also have difficulty on days in which stressful or angering things happen to me. I feel that if I can just make it through 5 days, I could make it 90 days.

Fingers crossed.

JWP
                  Welcome JWP- Yes 90 days is a big number (more than I have ever done), but I agree that the pain is mostly front loaded, (the 1st week was the hardest for me). After that you learn to accept your new ?routine? of not drinking as the new normal, instead of the other way around. Hang in there. MAE everyone else. Hope everyone enjoys their AF day ahead of them.
                  “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all! Just checking in with my morning coffee, great to read about everyone's progress, very inspiring to say the least!

Matt, congrat's on the 30 days, keep adding them up!

Rivergal, the Missus and I used to breed and raise registered AQH and APH horses. One of our AQH studs was a buckskin! Reading your post brought back fond memories of foaling season!

To all the rest of my new found friends, love reading your stories, trials, tribulations, and successes! Makes me know I'm not alone.....

Let's all get out and have a productive day, and remember, no drinkin' or druggin' eh!!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati;1701367 wrote: H

Fin - Stay close. What might be different this time in your plan? Can you think about the thoughts and actions that lead to your drinking and change them in some way?

Stay close all you newbies - this can be done.

Pav
                      Thanks, Pav. What's changed? It's not a choice this time. It's non-negotiable. It's battery acid. I also liked Bryd's mental redirect idea from thoughts of temptation to simply asking the question, how do move past this feeling or what can I do right now to get past this weak moment? It's already worked wonders over the past 24 hours unit I went to sleep.

I slept like holy hell last night which is super unusual for me when drinking or not drinking. I had this new feeling of real anxiety. That's NOT me. If the AL has been hiding that from myself, I must say...I'm curious as to what's really going on and that's also a big change.

Thanks for asking and great job all you other nesters. You guys/gals are truly rockin' it!
                      Fin
                      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all Sorry i disappeared for a few days, it has been a very depressing few days.. I was unexpectedly let go from my job on Friday. We have a new CEO and there are ongoing lay offs.. Trying to plan for my daughters party this Saturday. I cannot seem to wrap my mind around the fact that i dont have a job anymore.. My job allowed me to work from home and even 3 days later, I am rushing my kids around in the morning, as if i have a job to sit down to after i get them on the bus.......The punches just seem to keep coming, those of you that know me, know i was trying to get the H out of a bad relationship, and now this.. maybe God has other plans for me.. DH hasnt offered a single word of consolation or otherwise.. How crappy is that? He probably feels sorry for himself, as if he is the victim. ( par for the course) Anyway, wanted to stop in and say Hi, and see how everyone is doing.... WMM

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi WMM. I'm sorry to hear about your job. It does sometimes feel like punches are getting thrown from all directions. The good thing is that what goes up must come down - or what gets hard will get easier. Nature always strives to find balance. All we have to do in the hard times is get through it and do our best. Think if 5 things you are grateful for at this moment, and keep putting one foot in front of the other. And remember that AL is only complicating things for you.
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Fin and I hope you stay battery acid free. WMM, sorry to hear you are having a rough run but I agree with Kensho that things should balance out over time and drinking will never shift that balance in your favor any faster (great post Kensho and CONGRATS on 30 DAYS!).
                            “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Sober morning here. Got up, worked out, got dressed, and showed up. That's all I can do for now.

Have a great AF day. For everyone that is having a hard go, whether job, jitters, anxiety, money, family......just hang on, for a short time, just get through this. Just Hang On!
                              The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hanging on!! Love it...

Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Working...
                                X