Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, all!
    JWP, great job on getting thru the evening! During those first few days, do whatever it takes to stay sober (at least, that what I did). My thing was pretzel M&M's....at the time, they were new and I was giving them quite a product launch. Be sure to brush before you go to bed! GREAT JOB on muscling thru.
    New Start, day 8 will be a good one for you! Something about getting that moon behind you! Set your sights on Day 13....that was a real turning point for me, and I have observed it in others as well....a lot of healing going on!
    Daisy, well done to you!
    Frances, as you can see, staying connected with like minded people makes all the difference. It would be easy to say, "I've got the jist of this now, I'm just going to go and live life", but out there in the world, 90% of them are drinking and encouraging us to do it, too. We are only human and after hearing it enough, we are tempted to believe all the hype. By staying connected with your support, you can continue to use the tools and skills you've learned. I must remember the path I took to GET happy was by NOT using AL and I need daily support to maintain that shield of strength. We are swimming upstream on this lifestyle, staying with folks in the same boat really does help. Complacency is the enemy! So glad to see you back!
    Pav, as always, a wonderful post...
    LavBlue, you are wise beyond your AF years!!
    Hope everyone has a stellar day! Do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF! No matter what! Byrdie

Edit to add:
    DANG, Cowboy, that poetry is amazing!!! Thank you for your life in rhyme! Wow.....
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcowboy, love your poem! What a lucky lady....sounds like you have met your perfect match!
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

blackflag;1703463 wrote: That's a good call G. I'll have a look into getting that sorted.
        I like this idea. I'd want one, too.
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great poem cowboy. Congrats on 1 big week Fin
          “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm currently doing a project designing a dress - our theme is music and we want to make a bodice out of lacquered sheet music, and a skirt out of guitar picks. If any of the music buffs here knows what to use to drill small holes in the guitar picks, I would love to know!

Happy Tuesday Nest Friends!

JWP - eat, eat, eat! Anything to get AL out of your body and life! There will be time later to refine your diet and shed pounds. Right now, (BLACKFLAG), num - num - num on the cookies!

DAISY - Keep up the momentum! It so great to see your positive energy and no BS attitude!

NEWSTART - The 30 day AF goal is the most important thing I have ever done in my life! But if it feels like too much, don't forget to just think of today. Just get through TODAY - and then tackle tomorrow tomorrow.

COWBOY - Your writing hit my heart - it is very touching how you speak of your Bubba. Thank you for sharing!

Love and hugs to all - keep the faith and keep moving one foot in front of the other!!
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

See the Light;1703738 wrote: Great poem cowboy. Congrats on 1 big week Fin
              Thank You! The sky's the limit now. I see the light!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin,
                Here's a big ole moon shine from me!
                :moon:
                No cracks from us, we know these first 7 are a B___ (bear!). GREAT going on your streak, keep it going! Very proud of you! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all! This is going to be more rushed than I'd like, but I want to make sure I check in instead of waiting til later. First thanks all for the comments on my last post, I'm glad it made as much sense written out as it did in my head and the kind words matter a lot. Especially when I really get rambling.

Been trying to get going and do more things than just "not drink." AF is the important thing, of course, but I've got to start sorting some other things too I think. I can't quite believe I've almost at 30 days...it's not that it's been easy as that number is so huge to me.

Lav - I think I'll check out that site later, also - thanks so much for sharing it!

Pav - Also thanks for your link and post; that was definitely something to think about.

JWP - I ate lots of sweets my first week or so; it's actually gotten better since then if it helps.

Abc - Thanks so much for another poem!

And, I need to get moving for now. Thanks everyone here for posting and support, and good going all of us for sticking to our quits!
                  I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
                  AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1703772 wrote: Fin,
                    Here's a big ole moon shine from me!
                    :moon:
                    No cracks from us, we know these first 7 are a B___ (bear!). GREAT going on your streak, keep it going! Very proud of you! B
                    Yahooooo. Thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations to everyone getting wonderful big numbers, it makes a huge difference to live a sober life. Some days are easier than others but as Lav says, just say no to those al thoughts. they are thoughts, like wanting to win a million dollars, just a thought.

Hump day here and weather not so good but it doesnt matter as i dont drink.

What a beautiful poem CB, you so have a lovely way with words.

Lavb your post yesterday was said from the heart and amazingly said like Pepper. Its good for everyone to share thoughts and feelings at being on here. We all know in the early days of being af that it is hell until the al gets out of our system. Everywhere i turned in the beginning were happy smiling people drinking, adds, billboards, radio, internet. It never seemed to end and drove me nuts.

Have a great day.
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in. Been for food with my friends this evening, I've drank so much coke I have no idea how I'm going to sleep tonight, but at least it's not al.
                        Plus I treated myself to an ENORMOUS steak!
                        Really makes a difference when I'm not being super careful how much I spend on food to make sure I can still afford to get hammered.
                        Then when I was on my last few pounds I'd work out what gets you most wasted for the cheapest.
                        Madness.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blackflag good on you mate! I switched from pop to cranberry and soda, it's a little easier on the stomach and won't keep you awake! (except for peeing all night!)
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Off to my first jam AF tonight. Looking forward to ripping it up sober!!

Be good tonight,
                            -Fin

Comment

Newbies Nest

Enjoy, fin!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi…i am still lurking…..
                                I just won't anymore

Comment

Working...