Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Haha, Jane! I am so entertained by the mystery of the bars!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chero, Have a look at these instructions from Jane. https://www.mywayout.org/community/fo...o-stuff-on-mwo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pie, I followed them to the letter and still can not successfully change my avatar. I'm not sure what else to do. It's so frustrating.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Real quick I need to answer a few of your questions Lav. Well at first she only worked nights. Now she picked up a daytime gig so she writes out their homework and they do it with grandma. I guess she checks it when she gets home. Here is one example of whats upsetting me with this. When its my day to pick them up ( technically supposed to be at 5pm ) I normally get done with what I have to do around 1pm..I called to see If I could come get them early ( In the summer it was as early as 10-11am ). She said to wait an hour so she could check their homework first. Ok..well..she gives them an entire day off when she wants/needs to. Like this past Friday they had no school so she could get ready for this wedding. This just does not seem entirely fair IMO.

I think you were talking about C-Dev right? I never heard from him after his announcement of him getting married. I sure hope that he is happy and keeping AF though.

Well me waterbed is now roasty toasty . This is the first time I have slept in a "bed" in years. Ive been sleeping on the couch or on an air mattress for all this time ( beds make my back hurt ). Im loving it..this winter is going to be much better I can feel it.

TJ- Great work on your 1 year AF ! Its almost surreal isnt it.

LB- I very much need to quit smoking too. One problem is Im gonna need to Want to quit. Years back I was taking a walk and Bam!..just clicked that I no longer wanted to smoke. I crushed up a full pack and quit right there. Just putting out the need to quit and hoping the Click will happen soon. Best of strength to you..oh and I think it was Lav that mentioned a support forum like this one for smokers. I looked at one site and It seems to be helping a lot of peeps..

Hyper- You know..the same thing happens im sure to all of us. I used to drink heavy whenever I did a full spray on a boat ( flush the bad toxins out with more toxic stuff lol ). My last spray job I cleaned my gun and the automatic thought of having a sixer passed through my head. It only lasted a moment before my mind blew it out of the water...but it still there. I imagine that im going to have to live with it for years. I dont dream about beer anymore though whoohoo.

I Really..REALLY miss the "Multi-Quote" button . I used that to keep track of all the post I wanted to comment on. I realize that using the comment button would suffice..but Im not sure how I feel about that function yet. Sure its kinda cool and all..but it seems to make you back track to the post to see if the conversation continued. The OP would also have to keep watch over his/her posts.. Hmm.. Bring back MQ Pleease..

There was more to this post but another long day awaits. Im trying to wrap up 3 boats before the weekend so I have some Me-Time.

Oh oh..there was one more thing Im want to suggest to the New AFers in here. Accomplish something. get a hair cut..keep the dishes clean..go change your wasted muffler on your car lol. Keep things fresh and orderly. I have found for me at least that keeping my environment orderly ( and yes replacing even a muffler ) helps me feel 'on top of things' sorta speak. Dont let things that you need to do build up or you might start to stress out..and stress is a major trigger. So lets see those Better Homes and Gardens posts roll in

Be strong and keep on truckin' !
          Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
          AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

As you can see the avatar is there in the comments. Poke me in the eye! lol

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;n2514266 wrote: Ava, everything I have touched today has gone to he-- in a handbag! My email getting hacked was just icing on the cake!
              I wish I could make my font bigger with my posts here. I check in while watching TV at night and it is hard to see these microscopic fonts!
              All Ive done today is complain, SORRY! Now where's that LIKE button?
              I completely agree B- goimg blind over here trying to read this small font on the ipad. I cannot seem to enlarge it either!
              Sorry your having a rough day of it!
              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Newbies Nest

I want bitch bars too!!!!
                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are sounding so strong, Kens! I tell you, once you break free of the chains it's just a different place in life! Like you have been plucked out of a bad dream that keeps repeating! So proud of you!!
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pepps, can you imagine my frustration in NOT being able to reply??? Bwahahaha!
                    I am concerned about the use-ability of our new forum, maybe the younger set is understanding it but old hags like me are left in the dust! THANK YOU for your assistance with the replies! xo
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

YOU HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Welcome to the Maternal Order of Bi*tches! (MOB, for short)
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler;n2514478 wrote: Good morning Nesters

I Really..REALLY miss the "Multi-Quote" button . I used that to keep track of all the post I wanted to comment on. I realize that using the comment button would suffice..but Im not sure how I feel about that function yet. Sure its kinda cool and all..but it seems to make you back track to the post to see if the conversation continued. The OP would also have to keep watch over his/her posts.. Hmm.. Bring back MQ Pleease.
                        You can multi-quote here. Look up at the top of the posts on the page. There is a gray bar that runs across the top of the page. On the left side it says, "Post Reply." As you're reading along and see a post that you want to reply to, click Quote in that post. If you look up at the Post Reply button in that gray bar it will now say, "Post Reply (1)." When you click a second post that you want to reply to it will say, "Post Reply (2)," and so on. Once you get ready to answer all of the posts that you clicked on, go to the top of the page and click on that Post Reply button. It will then put all of the posts you want to quote in the reply box at the bottom of the page and you can answer them there.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;n2514445 wrote: Good morning Nesters,

Happy Hump day to all
                          Looks like a lot of rain is on the way tonight, oh well.
                          Still no bitch bars here :H

Oen, hang in there. A few days of discomfort is a small price to pay for the wonderful & free life just ahead

Greetings Pav, Kensho, Pepper & Jane & everyone!

Have a great AF day one & all!

Lav
                          Lav if you hover your cursor over where your bitch bars should be, you'll see a special message just for you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I would, but no avatar to poke!
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gambler, I was JUST getting the multi-quote thing when it was removed.....(yeah, I'll use THAT as my excuse!)
                              I remember when you first quit, you had the cleanest house in town!! But you are so right, having the OUTSIDE in order helps you sort better on the inside!
                              Sounds like your ex deserves Bi*ch Bars of her own. I hate that she is so controlling like that. Where's the spirit of cooperation? Shame.
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for listening, Elo!! Look at that tiny print in your signature line, I had to pull out the magnifying glass (Sherlock Holmes Style)! Yikes, I'm becoming my own Grand Mother!!!
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X