Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, thanks ava.
    The weekend'll be a toughie, but I'll make sure I'm on here throughout.
    Thank god for smartphones haha.
    My parents aren't drinkers anyway, so if I'm there, I'm safe. (Or safer)

Comment

Bris, it's so nice to see you in the nest. Glad you are back to give it another go. This time, make it your final quit, ok? They get harder. They really do. Plus, I've missed reading your posts. xx

BF - way to go on the interview. And good plan to spend your birthday hiding out at your parents. It may not be the most exciting birthday you have ever had, but it will certainly be the most rewarding. Well, I take that back...waking up without a hangover, guilt and shame is pretty darn exciting.

Hiya G. I've been meaning to ask...space invaders champ?? LOL. That's great.

I'm really glad you made it through, Matt. I personally have never used that technique before - playing out that first drink through to the logical conclusion. If I had, it may have made a big difference in the past. Anyway, I've seen quite a bit of discussion about it lately here in the nest, and think it's a great tool that works. I'm going to keep that one handy, just in case.

Things are going ok here. I went to the library on my lunch hour and stocked up on a bunch of books - health, cooking, fiction - so going to immerse myself in reading tonight. I worked in public libraries for years, and am still in awe every time I walk into one...like a kid in a candy store. I realized today that my local library has a great selection of movies. I'm just that much closer to cutting the cable cord. I'm definitely going to do it soon.
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Good evening Nesters,
        Hope everyone had a good day

Lizann, Bri & everyone just starting or restarting - don't let the fear get to you. I did the same thing & it was an utter waste of time & possibly an internal secret desire to keep drinking even though I knew I should quit. The AL demon works in mysterious ways. Turned out there was absolutely nothing to fear. You are not losing anything by quitting. You are setting yourself up to receive many wonderful things ~ an AF life

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wow byrdie, powerful post! Thank you.
          Lav, same goes for you too! I'm gonna be hanging out here again, for awhile.
          Felt anxious this morning, but managed to keep myself busy. Feeling accomplished and very sober tonight!

Comment

Hi friends another short check in from me. I had a long day at work, most of it outside in the very cold. I had a hot cup of tea and sat near my woodstove. I love the cold in short bursts but all day long is draining.

Moss I haven't had cable in about fifteen years. There seems to be so little on.

See you all tomorrow, have a great AF night!
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Hi everyone, just checking in. I am tired from work so will post more tomorrow. Thank you for the great posts.
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I can and see the light thanks for response. It was nothing but one of the mood swings. One of the things I notice now is that things do affect me ...

Byrdlady your words are like gold. Feel like taking them out and storing them ... investimg in them ....

Black flag , congrats on day 10 . Stay on course and hit 30. From now onwards each day will be a new high light. I recall during this critical phase I used to post everyday with what ever goes on during the day and now I felt etc. especially when it comes to AL. This helped a lot.

Take care folks.
                Rahul
                --------------------------------------------
                Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                Rebooting ... done ...
                Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Had to use that serenity prayer today frequently .... Listened to the bubble hour and liked a lot of their sober holiday advice --- check it out on iTunes.....realizing I'm going to have to feel all these feelings and get through them - ugh
                  See yall tomorrow

Comment

Almost the weekend, and thank goodness. Rough week. No booze and feeling happy about it. I love when I have random instances during the day that are me doing something so differently than I would have. Alcohol clouded everything about my life and I was so grumpy! More patience now, more reasoning skills, more calm. Less dreading, less remorse, less sick. More better
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good night, Everyone.

Hang tight, Bri and Lizanne. You got this.

Twinkle - you around?

Hope everyone has a great night.

Comment

Night Pav!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning Nesters & happy Friday!

Chilly but plenty of sunshine here
                          I hope everyone had a good night & a great day ahead in the nest. Get your weekend plans together. Make your quit your #1 priority & you'll have no regrets.

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Friday morning all. Exhausted, but excited for a good day. Why is it every time I go outside in my pajamas to throw something in the recycle bin last minute before the recycle guys get here, the entire neighborhood drives by? At least I wasn't throwing out empty bottles of vodka and rum! Have a great day everyone!
                            11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Good Morning, Nesters!
                              Elvis, sorry your neighbors got a 'free show' this morning!!!

Hope everyone is boosting up the weekend PLAN!

Next week, we'll be leaving to be with relatives on Thursday and Friday so I'd like to WARN you ahead of time that I will be unloading on you when I get back home! Bahahaha!! At least none of them drinking (which is prolly what drove me to it!!) So I wanted to put my order in early for some 'B_tch Time with the Nest'. I will have to pull out the !@#$%&@#! Thread as well!! I should nickname my siblings 'Trigger'. Trigger 1 will constantly complain about Trigger 2 who won't show up (because Trigger 1 is there). Trigger 3 is flying in on Friday, but has yet to tell us any details about when they are arriving and such. Trigger 2 isn't speaking to Triggers 1 and 3 so he will call me to trash them (awkward). Jealous?

Wishing everyone a happy Friday....it's just Friday, not a ticket to BoozeVille! We don't deserve a drink, we DESERVE to be free of this ball and chain. We reward AF time with MORE AF time! How many more clichés can I put in this complimentary close? XO, B
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

So so angry with myself. It wasn't a big slip but it was a slip nonetheless. My daughter's school was shut yesterday and we went to see a film (Nativity 3 - don't bother!!), and to an Italian restaurant for lunch. Without thinking, I ordered wine. Could've sent it back, ignored it or whatever, but no, I drank it all up. I had heard from my very recent ex earlier yesterday morning which just threw me in to a weird mood but still, I screwed up. So, I didn't go to my AA meeting last night (was going to be my first at an all-women's meeting), had the worst sleep ever, and today I am having trouble. Almost like "I got away with that, so maybe it'll all be ok". No no no!!

Comment

Working...
                                X