No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get off that crazy loop right now, Open Halo! Do whatever it takes other than drinking to get past this toughest part. The short term escape would, as you know, just force you to do this all over again and the next time could be even worse.

Your relationship with alcohol may be at this moment the best it will ever be again.

Given how bad you feel, that has to mean it is time to be done for good.

Welcome back :hug:.

Comment

Thanks No Sugar, thanks so much for your words, when you are feeling in the depths of despair, you need a little light.. This time needs to be different...

Comment

A world without alcohol is full of light, Open Halo! My drinking world wasn't really black but it was a muddy, lifeless gray. It seems like you're in a particularly dark place right now.

Picture yourself living the life you want tomorrow and in a week ... At Christmas... Any point in the future. Don't let go of that image and make the choices that will make it real. Keep moving towards that light. And please don't beat yourself up over whatever has happened. There might be things you have to deal with but right now is the time to be your own best friend. Support yourself like you would a hurt child. Take it easy when you can. Do only what you absolutely have to do or want to do. Let all the "shoulds" go for now. Just please don't drink, no matter what. xx

Comment

Thanks Lav, keep those chickens warm! It is supposed to snow a lot over the next day so I will be walking through that in the morning.
          NS, picture the life you want, Exactly. "You can have the life you want or you can drink"

Open Halo, keep coming back. We have all been there. It's gonna be ok.

Rahul, you sound great.

Goodnight everyone.
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi Ava. So glad your friend made it and that your mom doesn't have cancer.
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi Birds of a feather. Glad we have the nest. I hope everyone is doing well. I got some exercise yesterday... A beautiful bike trail through the desert. It's been awhile since I've mountain biked and it was hard! But thrilling. Mountain biking feels a little like getting sober. You have to let go of the fear and just ride. There are bumps and technical parts and sometimes falls (and cactus!!). But to feel free and connected with nature in real time beats the risk.

Sleep us also wonderful and I missed it. Pavati I love, LOVED your post about self respect. So many good and helpful thoughts here now. Hang tough, hang together and DONT DRINK Everyone!
              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Evening here nesters.

Halo, i stopped drinking on the 1st December. Throw all those celebrations at me! God i think the cravings and urges nearly killed me but i did it, i had to. I didnt have another quit in me and i still know i dont so i dont drink. I wont let al into my life again, i cant and i still take it day by day and for each day i will not drink.

Thanks Kensho and thanks for popping in. Keep on that sober path pretty please. I know you will!

Its kind of gone quiet in the nest. I know i wont be drinking for Thanksgiving, oh we dont celebrate it! My quit buddy Pav had her "Thanksgiving Massacre" and has been sober near on a year so please dont massacre yourselves, massacre the turkey instead. Its so not worth starting on a Day 1 again. Make it through this time and xmas will be a breeze then you will be armed to remember New Years and if you are anything like me it will be a first sober New Years in a long long time. Fireworks look great when you dont see three lots of them with one eye closed. Come to think of it everything looks great when both eyes are open.

Listen to the oldies on here, you dont need to drink FOR anyone or AT anyone. We dont need a drink to enjoy celebrations, we are not boring, we can still be part of the fun without a drink. If you feel pressure to drink say you are sick, driving, on antibiotics, say anything but dont let yourself be pressured. It will not be worth it the next day but it will be worth posting on here with a sense of pride saying you made it.

Take care and be safe and sober. Post on here if you feel weak, there is nothing wrong with asking for help. Its something i have never regretted doing.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi, Folks:

Quick check in on a late evening.

Yes, I agree with Ava - AVOID the Thanksgiving Massacre.

I won't be drinking this Thanksgiving, as I don't drink. Thank goodness.

Ava - glad Robert made it through and your mom doesn't have cancer.

I will read back tomorrow.

xo
                  Pav

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

It's a sunless & damp Thanksgiving eve here, oh well. I'm really hoping it forgets to turn into snow later as was promised.

Ava, you & Pav have the best quit dates! Quitting just prior to the holidays last year allowed you both to be fully present during the season & experience the real joy of the season with family & friends

Halo, hang in there & do the same as your nest mates Ava & Pav - you will never be sorry!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE Nest. I've made it to day 3. I have a horrid cold right now which has made it easier for me these first few days. I am worried about thanksgiving and am even contemplating skipping it. Not a huge turkey fan but I will miss seeing the family. Still debating that one.

Have a great day all, I'm going to get ready and drag myself to work.
                      AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Feeling guilty but in an effort to continue on this path to sobriety I MUST report here. I am back on Day 1 after a rehearsal dinner for my nephew last night. I had a horrible day of anxiety and ocd all day yesterday and went to the rehearsal in a terrible mood. I did not worry about making a plan because I was working as a server at the event unstated of a guest. Idk why I drank (just to quiet all those emotions I think) there was no peer pressure or anything. It was really my choice and I chose incorrectly truly believing(why????) I could have 1 and be done - ugh. Im sorry to you all who stayed strong - I'll do CD and work on Thanksgiving plan

Comment

Been there, done that, wore the same hat Ican, for me, the guilt and shame came before, during, and after picking up that first drink! I know that I'm a good person, and I can be a better person, and the only way I can be a better person is to never give up!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
                            Evening here nesters.

Its so not worth starting on a Day 1 again. Make it through this time and xmas will be a breeze then you will be armed to remember New Years and if you are anything like me it will be a first sober New Years in a long long time. Fireworks look great when you dont see three lots of them with one eye closed. Come to think of it everything looks great when both eyes are open.

Listen to the oldies on here, you dont need to drink FOR anyone or AT anyone. We dont need a drink to enjoy celebrations, we are not boring, we can still be part of the fun without a drink. If you feel pressure to drink say you are sick, driving, on antibiotics, say anything but dont let yourself be pressured. It will not be worth it the next day but it will be worth posting on here with a sense of pride saying you made it.

Take care and be safe and sober. Post on here if you feel weak, there is nothing wrong with asking for help. Its something i have never regretted doing.
                            Wonderful advice, available! For me this is my first NA holiday, and passed day 1 with 2 overnight guests...we start early around here..... :happy2:
                            I am on an "allergy diet" that doesn't include alcohol.....
                            Worked like a charm! Drank water and club soda and had a very good visit with company.
                            NO regrets!!! Good luck everyone, STAY STRONG!!!

Comment

Ava, I'm so happy for your good news re: Robert and your mom, and especially grateful that you've been sharing how you've gotten through all of this sober, with the sun still rising every morning!

You are an amazing woman. :hug:
                              Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Good Morning, Nesters!
                                The turkey is in the crock pot and is smelling pretty dang good!

There are going to be some challenges in the next coming days, but remember what is WORTH celebrating.....LIFE! And for us, that does NOT include AL. It is the people and the moments that make the occasion, NOT what is poured in your glass!

We all get to come back on Friday with our "I DIDN'T DRINK AT MY CRAZY FAMILY" stickers! Maybe I should also get some "I didn't choke anybody" stickers, too. Ava should get some that say "I didn't pick anyone's eyes out with a pen". ehehehe.....

Lav, I envision your chickens are much like the Chick-Fil-A Cows....they are all out putting up billboards promoting hamburgers and steaks! I hope Stella and the girls are thriving! We are having fowl weather here, too. We are leaving EARLY tomorrow morning for our doings....
                                So I am bringing the turkey, ham, dressing, rolls, cake and now the tables and paper goods to eat with. I really have to wonder what the others are bringing if I'm assigned all this? My sister will show up with her frozen green beans and mutilated cole slaw. Who brings cole slaw to Thanksgiving??? That ain't right?!!
                                Just got a text, "Do you have a tablecloth?" NICE. I wonder why we didn't have it here where everything is? Oh, then my family would have to go out of THEIR way to get here....can't have that! I'm telling you....GET READY FOR AN UNLOAD WHEN I GET HOME! Bahahahaha!!! If I can do this, I KNOW you can!
                                Hope everyone is feeling good! We have each other so we are NOT doing this alone! Hugs to all! XXOO, Byrdie

The Prize Patrol wanted me to share the following:
                                SeeTheLight clocking in with 120 days as has our very own G-Man
                                :black:
                                Kensho passing and NOT LOOKING back at 30 days!

:guy:
                                Your hat... we are also hoping for a speech! How'dya doit?
                                GREAT JOB to these fine folks!
                                Last edited by Byrdlady; November 26, 2014, 10:09 AM.
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X