No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rahul checked in Roll Call today with 300 DAYS! He is right on your High Heels, Pav and Ava!
    These accomplishments are all done the very same way.....one day at a time! Great Job everyone!!
    :woohoo2:
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Congratulations rahul! So happy for you!
      AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Ava's 1 year milestone! My heart feels warm ! God bless you Lin!
        AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

OMG - I just finished watching Flight. I will definitely never drink again, and probably will never fly again. That crash scene. ugh. Stupid, I know. Here I have been killing myself with AL for decades and I'm afraid to get on a plane.

Anyway, what a devastating movie. It rates right up there with Leaving Las Vegas. There was one line that really got to me..."Don't tell me how to lie about my drinking. I've been lying about my drinking my whole life." Sorry, I'm being sappy right now. But that line hurt my heart.

Pav - I live in a small town too. I just moved from one small town to another, but believe me the people in my "old town" knew I was a drunk long before I told anyone. So I'm really not that brave. I was just admitting to the truth that everyone already knew. I haven't been completely open at work, although I've been honest with trusted coworkers.

How do I know that people in my town were on to me?

Well, I remember one time being totally hungover at the local gas station early on a Sunday morning making a coffee run. There wasn't much in my town, and the gas station was a gathering spot and was quite crowded that morning. So, I got the coffee and when I returned to my car, I couldn't get the electronic fob thingy to unlock the door of my car. I kept pushing the button and nothing happened. So I panicked. I had forgotten my cell phone so I had to ask to use their phone. I called my ex-husband and explained the whole situation while everyone was listening. I was locked out of my car! Here's how bad we were, he came and rescued me. hahaha. I could have just opened the door with the key, right? And there were witnesses. Lots of them. They had to be laughing their asses off at us. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that people knew I was a total alky. Dumb story - but one of those "magic" moments that stays with me and keeps me strong.

Tomorrow is the big day. I am so happy for you, Pav. And inspired.

Have a good night all. It's been a wonderful four days off work. Feeling relaxed and ready to tackle whatever comes next.
          Last edited by MossRose; November 30, 2014, 04:41 PM.
          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Moss,at least it was a coffee run on that morning and not a beer run as i've done
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congrats on one year Ava! Seems impossIble to someone tapering starting tonight. Thanks for the inspiration that it can be done.

Comment

Congrats to everyone on the one year anniversary!! AWESOME!:yay:
                Are there really THREE? Ava, Available & Pav???

Made it through the Thanksgiving holiday AF, a breeze really.....and I was worried!

Next up Christmas! :happy2:

Comment

Good evening Nesters!

It's been a great day for the nest!
                  Ava celebrating 1 year AF
                  Rahul celebrating 300 AF days
                  Suek getting through her holiday AF
                  and Evan, just starting out!!!!!
                  It's one day at a time everyone & we can all be successful if we stick to our plans with solid commitments

Greetings everyone & sending wishes for a safe & cozy night in the nest for all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ava and Pav- 1 Year is AMAZING!! I need to check in here more during weekends because it sounds like there were folks running around naked in the streets celebrating earlier? Anyway, thanks for inspiring us and here's to many more!

(Sue- FYI, Ava is Available's evil twin...naw, actually its just a short name for the same person)
                    “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Home again, home again... ahhhhh. If I were a drinker, I would be drinking. But I'm not, so I won't.

Congratulations on your year milestones Ava and Pav! It's one thing to aspire to be AF for a year, or even believe that we WILL be AF for a year - but to do the work to make it through the cravings and tough times is an inspiration. Thank you both for being inspirational, and for being so present here! I love reading how much more you like your lives now!
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Ava and Pav, huge congratulations on your AF year! You two are fantastic. You deserve to feel so proud. Thank you for being here and demonstrating what AF life looks like. Enjoy your special day, and may it come to mean more to you than any other holiday our anniversary because it is the foundation of our recovery. I'm so happy for you both.
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Ava - how good do you feel with such a milestone accomplishment?! I'm really happy for you and admire how you've shared it all. You provide so much perspective and straight talk here that really gives knuckleheads such as me something to strive for.

One year sober is massive and please take more than a moment to congratulate yourself for having the will, determination and commitment to make it happen.

Bravo!!

Comment

(Sue- FYI, Ava is Available's evil twin...naw, actually its just a short name for the same person)[/QUOTE]

Ah, See the Light, thanks for that info....I thought there was an army of people having a one year anniversary today!

Anyone on day 22 and want to celebrate one year together 343 days from now???

Comment

Suek - every sober day is a celebration! :hug: Ava and Pav are inspirations.! They have shown us what one day at a time can add up to. Hang in there, friend.
                              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

300 days Rahul. Yeah.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X