No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey how is everyone doing today? I am at 7 days/ 1 week today and I am struggling a bit today. Had a panic attack earlier but I am trying not to take valium because I a worried I am taking it too much but I have been having thoghts about hurting myself. I am worried I cannot wait until my april 21st mental assessment and I am scared. That voice in my head is trying to tell me a drink would help but I know from experience that it will just make me worse. My boyfriend has already been drinking today and is passed out in the other room I just feel alone.

Comment

HBE-you might have to get some emergency medical help. I will pray for you but I don't know what to do for you. Your situation HAS GOT TO CHANGE!
      The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

NoSugar, what a magnificent post! I have put it in my own personal tool box, but would ask if you would put it in OUR Tool Box too? The WHY's of all this sometimes gets overwhelming and yours is just about the best explanation I've ever seen to make some sense of it. Beautifully written, as always.

ADP, I'm glad that your 8 day investment sounds too dear to forfeit! Guard it like a pot of gold! Im so happy that you are here with us. You seem willing to do whatever it takes to break free. You are doing great!

HBE, congratulations on your 7 days, around here, that earns you a Full Moon. :butt: well done, on conquering every day of the week. Im sorry that you are having anxiety, is the emergency room an option, maybe that will get you seen earlier. Im not sure where you are located. Sounds as if your BF needs help, too. I wish you well, you have some tough circumstances.

Over-it, so glad you were able to tell everyone that drinking just isn't your bag! Great job on coming here first! You are rocking it, girl!

Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Howdy Nesters near and not so far,

Congrats on 7 booze free days HBE. Raawkin it ADP!

Checking in with the tribe. All good here. Take care out there. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I ended up having an unexpected family day & had fun. My youngest grandson is staying overnight - just because

NS, thanks for your awesome post today!

HBE, I really feel for you & wish we could offer you some more help. Please take care & feel free to PM me if it would help in any way :hug:

Great to see everyone & wishing a safe & comfy night in the nest for all.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

HBE, just know that we are thinking of you. Try to separate yourself from the passed out BF in the other room. He makes his choices and you make yours. Please don't hurt yourself!!! Take it one day at a time -- one hour at a time if you need to. That April date will be here before you know it. Please keep checking in if you can, and let us know how you are?

Here's a shoutout to ALL the Nesters. I see such courage here on this thread and such insight. You're all an inspiration, especially the way you fight through the tough times.

I'm sipping a lovely cup of cocoa before bed, and it feels great to know I'll wake up tomorrow on day 5 AF without a hangover. Woot!

Sweet dreams to all.
              "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Thanks for the link TJAF! Behind the funny, there are really is a good messages there about how no matter how long you've been away from alcohol, it literally just takes one drink and you are right back where you left off. I like Robin Williams quote after Jon Stewart asks if his sobriety was a new lease on life and he simply said, "It's a total reboot." He summed it up perfectly in 4 words. I totally understand what he meant, and I feel the same way. I think I will use that quote next time it comes it.
                11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Night, nest.

NoSugar - A real gem of a post. Thanks - I have to keep reminding myself that this isn't "my fault." Yes, please, put it in the tool box.

Rahul - I sort of missed what happened to you. I have a huge fear of that happening to me. One party I think I used 6 cups for my soda water because if I ever lost track of it for a minute I just got a new one rather than risk getting anything else. What a bummer -I'm glad you're ok.

Great family movie night and take out food. Heading to bed sober and sleepy, knowing I won't wake up with the GSR brothers!

Stay tough, folks.

Pav

Comment

MAE Nesters! WOW! Cowboy, your post on the 6th was me spot on! no wonder i'm so stressed out at work, besides working the overtime for the foreseeable future. I carry that work with me through the night and often dream of it.

My goal today is to search out a relaxing, meditating, kind of app. I really need to find a new way to relax.

Spent the weekend being a home body. I've been sick the last 2 weeks and thought if i really just rested a lot this weekend it would get me back to being the healthy self i usually am.

I'm also in the process of putting together an intervention for my ex. My ex-SIL has experience with this and is helping us out.

Have a great day everyone!! Think through your decisions and make good choices out there! XO
                    AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Good morning, Nesters!
                      Sun is shining and the birds are chirping!
                      Hope everyone has a great day planned and that no one got hurt when springing forward! Happy Sunday! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

WAKE UP, you're late!

Comment

Probably won't be back today, stay AF everyone, I will

Comment

here is a great article for us….
                            mindbodygreen is a lifestyle media brand dedicated to inspiring you to live your best life - mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and environmentally.
                            jenniech
                            12/28/14
                            serenity

Comment

Hey all, checking in and about to read back a few days looks like its been busy as usual!
                              If your new, welcome! You have landed at what could quite possibly be your final destination on your road to recovery. The Hell that comes with the daily thrive to drink can be replaced with peace, and well being. It feels so good to have that poison out of my body!

Look forward to reading back!
                              Stay Hard Freaks!
                              AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Good afternoon Nesters

I have been busy since my feet hit the floor this morning. It's sunny & warm enough for the snow to start melting - yay!!!
                                My youngest grandson was very well behaved on his first sleep over here on his own. That is a miracle - believe me, ha ha!!

These are the moments that make me so happy & eternally grateful! I have never spent a second wishing I was still drinking - why would I?

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Sunday!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X