No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning! So much going on. We're talking sex, mad hens, and Jackpots! Sounds trashy! :blush:

Congratulation on 7 months LAVENDEBLUE! That does deserve a prize. :bravo:

I'm feeling good. Smile on my face, although why if I've quit drinking are the varicose veins on my face becoming more prominent? That's just not nice. :hmms:

Oh well, I hope everyone has a great day. We should be hearing from Fin in a short time......I can't wait! :nailbiting:
    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Over-it, I can't wait either, but the PP has strict rules on NOT awarding prizes until the person has checked in! (my own rules stink!!) I'm so excited tho!!! So glad you are having a great day. I know they have lasers you can get those little veins zapped on your face but not sure if they have one for brown paper bags...I'll have to google it! I'm sure you are glowing under there!!! xo, B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

It's no wonder I wear this bag, huh Byrdie?

Byrdie-HE'S HERE! HE'S HERE! WOOT WOOT!

:shout: HEY FIN! CONGRATS ON THE BIG 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:welldone:
        The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Fin congratulations on 100 days, triple digits and onwards you go. Have a happy day.

Lavb congrats on 7 months, life for me started to even out. Time is a great healer.

Im going to see a jazz band tonight after work with a friend. The great thing about this is that i have no internal fighting of wanting a drink, planning my strategies and worrying. i just know i wont drink as i dont drink. All i need to worry about is what to wear.

Have a great one!
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

oah..... okay.. okay... someone SLIPPED you vodka then Rahul!! i nearly had a heart attack when I read your post title... my god, no!!!!!
            but you are okay. thank god. you are not back to drinking... so happy about that!! :checkin:
            (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Wow, thanks you guys! Abcowboy, you're right - I wouldn't have thought to say anything, it's so awesome and thoughtful of you to post. <3 And Byrd - I missed those prizes! \o/

I actually just jumped in quick because I'm going to be busy tonight and it's really reminding me how glad I am to be sober. See, I do that podcast on Thursday night, we record it live. And due to some things going on, we just found out the other day that we're having some of the Important People from the game design team on for an interview tonight. 7 months ago, I would have spent the day freaking out, drank WAY too much to try to calm down, and then had a miserable time trying to be entertaining without letting on that I was tanked. I probably also would have napped at some point and still been groggy for the show.

As it is, I'm still kinda nervous even though I know they're just people like anyone else. But I've had a couple good meals, took a long walk with the dog, long hot shower, and once I post here I'm going to look over the show notes again. I've got everything in order, so I'm free to enjoy the excitement AND not have to worry I'm going to blurt out any drunk talk.

Thank you so much to everyone who's helped me get to this point, old timers and newbies alike. The support here has meant so much to me, I don't know if I would have even set my quit date without it. Much much love all! Now I need to finish getting ready, meep! <3
              I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
              AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

FIN, congratulations on 100 BIG DAYS!!!!!!! You made it, buddy!! I'm so proud of you!! Now just rinse and repeat!
                This calls for a song, do you have one?!!!! Roll out the barrel....we'll have a barrel of fun!!!! inkele:
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

OMG Byrdie - I'm just learning that polka on my accordion! I need a pink elephant to dance while I practice!

It's so very inspirational to learn from you and the other AF folks around here that FUN is actually even more FUN (huh?) when you've got all the cylinders firing. No need for liquid toxins. No siree. Just dampens fun anyway. What you can remember of it.

Congrats to all celebrating great milestones....

LavBlue...you've just smacked down 7 months, right? It's great that you're back posting and sharing your insights here! :sohappy:

And my friend, Fin....look at you go. 100 days! You're getting stronger with every moment! :welldone:

Mat - you're crusing into a really good zone. You WILL make it past the pitfalls this time. You know how to spot the weak links now. Keep your eyes on the prize - daily. You have come a long way on the healing path. What's changed here is YOU. The reality is that alcohol never changes. It will always be a toxin. And, it always damages every system in every body every time.

Okay - I have used up my quota of !!!!! for the week. Maybe the month. Oh Well! I need the !!!!! Fairy !!!!!!!

:fairy:

There! All better!

More !!!!!!!!! to those of us who are FREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
                  Last edited by Turnagain; March 12, 2015, 05:48 PM.
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Wow - glad I checked in again!
                    CONGRATS to Lav Blue on 7 AF months, you rock
                    Fin, awesome on 100 AF days, yay!
                    It just keeps getting better kids, always remember that!

Greetings & good night wishes to everyone - have a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All:

WAY TO GO, Fin! 100 days - to infinity and beyond.

LavBlue, you, too. 7 months is huge - just three more to go for the big one year.

I have time for just a quick check in tonight - a lot of driving, picking up kids, exercise, etc. LOVE being sober. I really do.

Pav

Comment

LavB congrats on 7 months, and thank you so much for your post. I was sitting here rocking my daughter to sleep just trying to reignite my drive to not drink, and reading your post about the effecd reminded how much I want to stay sober to make my goals a reality, I had a tough day with triggers and just felt like who really cares ha know? I can live a mediocre life and drink. I've changed my toon, I know I have to stay strong to make my goals happen, and that's what I am going to do. Thanks again!

Comment

I'm here! I'm here! All good, except for the exceptionally poopy day at work. I dealt with incompetent contractors, poor communicators, and even slander today. YUCK! I also learned that I'm not perfect either - WHAT? Yes, I'm not perfect, and that's ok. I wasn't tempted to drink, as I know that only leads to self-loathing (not a good mix with imperfect and poopy). But it is quiet now and I'm trying to catch up on a little paperwork so I can get paid, which is always nice.

Fin, so happy that you are at 100 - past that 10 days of temptation - and on to 150 or beyond! Why stop there - way to keep blazin' trail for me!!

LavB - congrats on your 7 months!

Turnagain - (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Dutch, I'm so glad you choose to live to your potential - the way life should be. "Mediocre" is a generous term for "numb and causing pain". It is wonderful on the side of sobriety - and I'm glad you are staying strong!
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

There is an article in the wall street journal today that exclaims that the US has approved the sale of POWDERED ALCOHOL. (like lemonade powder where you just add water)
                            this makes me SO ANGRY
                            who the hell would buy powdered alcohol except KIDS? what are people thinking? where are their values? WHY WHY WHY
                            Kids will buy this crap and do dumb things. They will add it to water bottles, snort it, who knows.

if you can't tell, yes, i am still really angry about this. DEEP BREATH. EXHALE. out of my control
                            jenniech
                            12/28/14
                            serenity

Comment

Good morning Nesters, happy Friday to all!

Jennie, I heard about that powdered alcohol as well yesterday - completely ridiculous! The world definitely does not need Palcohol :sad:

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday the 13th
                              Get your plans together for a super sober weekend!!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Congratulations Lav B and Fin! Raawkin it!

Have a gr8 weekend Nesters. On second thoughts, also make it a safe, sober, and magical one.

L8tr fruity!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X