No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of action on here today, congratulations Lav, 6 years, I can't even imagine! Very happy for ya, and thanks for the advice, but I really don't feel much from ibs, I think what I realy need is surgery haha

Today would have been 30 days if I didn't give in after 2 weeks when I had a family struggle. So I am kicking in day 17 and I have to put it on paper because today and yesterday were struggles. I keep going to this place where I am just physically and mentally exhausted and I want to drink. I take some deep breaths, I eat and drink a soda, I go to the gym, eventually I feel better but I am no where near you guys when it comes to coping. But still is crossing my mind, especially days like today when im working almost ten hours straight with 15 minutes to grab lunch and then back at it. I think if I could reach a place more financially comfortable I would be better, but constant adversity is really kicking my ass. I'll hang in there, happy for everyone's progress in here!

Gnite all!

Comment

Dutch-you know the old saying about the grass being greener. Unfortunately, a better financial outlook would not make a difference. There are plenty of drunk millionaires, just sayin. You'll get it, we're all different and handle this process differently. The only important thing we have to agree on is to just not drink. I hope you don't think I'm picking on you. I just care and want you hanging on to me as we travel this journey. Good night friend.
      The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Congratulations Lav!

AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Im done

Comment

Hi, Hanna. I was planning to stalk you today. What's up? :hug:

Comment

Hanna - hope you are ok - glad you are here - Make this your last day one! Feeling miserable and regretful over drinking can be gone for good. Think through what has happened and read through tools and ask for help here - you were doing great before - you can do this!

Lav - 6 years! WOW:welldone: that is so wonderful. You are a strong steady rock here and I am so glad to be here to benefit from your insight and wisdom. Thank you for all you do! And enjoy your day :happy2:

Comment

Just finished. Scared shitless about my marriage, but don't care as much as staying sober. Just finished. Can't eat, sleep, am a bit of a mess. Up at 5 for no reason, so hitting 2 classes at the gym before work. Been better. But done with alcohol.

Lav AMAZING. I will be you one day.

Comment

Lav, a big congratulations for your 6 years of living life sober and happy! And massive thanks for staying here....I know you say it helps you too, but without you and others who have paved the way being here, I believe there would be a lot less success stories. You are affecting peoples lives every day...I may not be a sober rock star yet but I am still here....thank you so much for all you do!
                  Have the best day! X
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I'm back. I need to get a serious grip. I've never felt so defeated or controlled by anything in my life. Sad part is I know I am capable of doing it, I did so well before

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

6 years is amazing Lavande!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Thursday morning Nesters!

I am happy & darn right proud of myself today & I really want all of you to find the same happiness
                        The two most important things for me were to change my negative thinking & adopting a zero tolerance policy towards AL.
                        You all can do this too, it's entirely your choice!

Stella wants to wear her party hat today

Have a wonderful AF day everyone!

Lav
                        Last edited by Lavande; March 26, 2015, 07:40 AM.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Birthday Lav! You deserve a party! CONGRATULATIONS!
                          The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                            Good Thursday morning Nesters!

I am happy & darn right proud of myself today & I really want all of you to find the same happiness
                            The two most important things for me were to change my negative thinking & adopting a zero tolerance policy towards AL.
                            You all can do this too, it's entirely your choice!

Stella wants to wear her party hat today

Have a wonderful AF day everyone!

Lav
                            Well done! Happy Anniversary!

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Congratulations LAV! Hope you like strawberries and cream! Thank you for being such a leader! 6 years must feel wonderful!
                              chicken bday.jpg
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Lav,
                                Your #1 fan here. Congratulations on this big day! Do you feel much difference than you did at, say, 2 years? or 3? We are darned lucky to have your NORTH STAR Guidance System here. Thank you for the countless hours you spend with us, believe me when I tell you, I couldn't have done this without you. You are nobody until you've been pecked by Lav and Stella! From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for what you do.

I am working with a customer and had to look back at some emails that we traded in September of 2010. I noticed that some of them didn't make a lot of sense....weren't very professional! Quite frankly, I am embarrassed by them. I looked at the time stamp, 4:18 pm. September of 2010 was the height of my descent into hell and by 4:18 in the afternoon, I KNOW I had been drinking (was starting at 2:30 back then). Working from home is convenient for an alkie. I was flying off the handle about something that, today, I would sort thru like a rational human being. UGG. I would rationalize by saying...as soon as _____ happens, I will quit. After the holidays, I will quit. As soon as work slows down, I will quit. I was living life in the NEXT moment instead of the one I was in. I couldn't enjoy the drink I had because I was concerned about the NEXT one. I think that's one thing that quitting does for us, it puts us IN THE MOMENT. I imagine this is what Pavati is referring to when she speaks of MINDFULLNESS. AL takes all that away (and plenty more). Appreciating what I have RIGHT NOW has been a real gift. Stick with this, fellow nesters, there IS something to it. Being sober is the best!
                                Hope everyone has an easy day!!! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X