No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting talk on Relapse Triggers on bubble hour. For those starting out, there are triggers involved in preventing you from even getting started.....after the wedding, the holiday, birthday party, whatever........begin wherever you are right now. Those events are not here yet and then there will be more....
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good morning Nesters, happy Monday!

Daisy, knowledge is power & planning ahead for possibilities will keep you safe in your quit

Wishing everyone a good AF day!
      I'm staring my day off right with a bit of exercise, yay!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yay Lav, for the morning exercise! I love that feeling of getting your blood pumping, first thing.

'Had my first airplane trip without my AL *travel companion* yesterday. What a difference it makes to travel without the AL burden! Here's what I don't miss:

1. Making sure you have enough cash to buy your AL drinks on the plane.
        2. Panicking when you realize that this plane only takes credit cards for AL purchases and now you have to dig yours out from the bottom of the bag.
        3. Trying to figure out how to order three of those minuscule bottles of wine all at once without announcing to everyone that you're an alkie.
        4. The bad, bad taste of what they call "wine" in those awful little bottles when you actually do get them. (What is that stuff in there??) And the plastic cups don't help matters.
        5. Looking for the liquor store in the dark on the way to the hotel.
        6. Realizing you forgot to pack your corkscrew and then attempting to use a big pair of toenail clippers to accomplish the task. The resulting "kawoosh!" of the cork splashing into the bottle and spraying wine all over your face. Then, actually being more upset about having less wine to drink than your new merlot-plastered hairdo.
        7. Waking the next morning after the plane AL dehydration, the hotel room blasting heater dehydration and the regular nightly dehydration with your tongue so stuck to the roof of your mouth that it takes a backhoe, a wrecking crew, two mules and an electric spatula to dislodge it.

Nah...they can have it!
        Last edited by LilBit; April 13, 2015, 09:12 AM.
        "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Morning, Nesters!
          Daisy, you hit on a great point....The Tomorrow Loophole.
          This loophole depends on "tomorrow logic". NOW doesn't matter much, because we're going to follow good habits tomorrow. Tomorrow logic undermines good habits by making it easy to deny that our actions clash with our intentions. Don't fall for this!!

Today is all we have! Make it a great day!!! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

WOW! Great insight so early on a Monday AM.

Lilbit-you are just a comic! I don't drink wine but I relate it all to whiskey and yes, everything you said is on point.....to a "T"
            Pav-"if you're only going to have one, why not none?" OMG! This is so true because honestly one? Ya right! Never had just one. What a waste of a good time.

Everyone, I'm so busy I don't know who I am but of course the bag has me concealed.

Have a great day. Let's rock this!
            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

I don't know where everyone is today.

Anyway, this girl is "flouncing". I got my workout in, losing weight, buttoning up pants that haven't fit in forever, energy that would crush the earth. Holy Cow, look out. "The girl is back in town!"

Oh, and today is day 50......just sayin'

Comment

Morning nesters

Well woke up early, just an hour, and its raining! I love the rain but not in peak hour and i think the transmission in the car is going, well i know it is, so do i train it or do i take a chance! MMMMM. anxiety levels hitting an all time high as i hate flying, havent packed and finish up at work tomorrow.

Congrats on 50 days Overit, now the days should just start rolling on and on and its a great feeling not to have those massive cravings anymore.

Take care
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Wow, congrats overit! That is fricking awesome! I can't wait to get there, I am like 2 weeks behind you, so I am looking forward to it!

After getting through last week I am feeling better stress wise. Also started listening to a buddhism podcast to help me work on meditation. I think if I just watched my thoughts more and paid attention to what I am focusing on my stress would go way down. I also am less worried about making more money. Something about the past few days has made me realize how overly attached to money and providing for my family I have become. It isn't worth the stress and anxiety if I am not going to enjoy every day I am here. So I have taken it back a notch on the financial goals, going to continue working on my numbers for enrolling people and getting certified as a personal trainer, but the number one thing I am working on is my mindset and personal goals right now. I think taking care of myself is the only way I can guarantee I will not drink and be able to provide for my family the way I need to.

My wife went back to work today after 5 weeks off, it's going to be interesting to see the different triggers I encounter now that I am back to watching my daughter and juggling her and work during the day. I am sure everyone on here will hear about it. Feeling pretty good today, way better than I did last week. Thanks everyone who listened and gave feedback last week when I felt I was struggling, I am hoping to watch myself a bit more carefully from now on and not let myself get to that point. Definitely going to confront people instead of stewing on negative emotions. Also going to tell my brother today I don't want to hear him complaining, whining, or telling me about things he wishes were different at work, I think it is constantly creating negative energy for the workplace and my life. Have a good AF day!

Comment

Originally posted by Overit-still View Post
                    I don't know where everyone is today.

Anyway, this girl is "flouncing". I got my workout in, losing weight, buttoning up pants that haven't fit in forever, energy that would crush the earth. Holy Cow, look out. "The girl is back in town!"

Oh, and today is day 50......just sayin'
                    why not indeed, and say it loud. congrats overit!!

Comment

Dutch-I work with the most miserable, negative person on this planet. It can be so draining!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch1988 View Post
                        Wow, congrats overit! That is fricking awesome! I can't wait to get there, I am like 2 weeks behind you, so I am looking forward to it!

After getting through last week I am feeling better stress wise. Also started listening to a buddhism podcast to help me work on meditation. I think if I just watched my thoughts more and paid attention to what I am focusing on my stress would go way down. I also am less worried about making more money. Something about the past few days has made me realize how overly attached to money and providing for my family I have become. It isn't worth the stress and anxiety if I am not going to enjoy every day I am here. So I have taken it back a notch on the financial goals, going to continue working on my numbers for enrolling people and getting certified as a personal trainer, but the number one thing I am working on is my mindset and personal goals right now. I think taking care of myself is the only way I can guarantee I will not drink and be able to provide for my family the way I need to.
                        Hey Dutch. I'm just another ex alky on a forum, but to me this is smart, wise thinking. Sounds like you have your head screwed on right.

Over it. Congratulations on 50 days AF friend. That is a huge deal! Keep it going. You raaawk! Bravo!

Good onya Daisy. Nice posts.

Ava, no panic. Your suitcase will pack itself. :thumbsup:

L8tr g8trs.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Overit, you sound great! Good to be around! It's catching.
                          Dutch, that sounds like my sister. I actually leave my house some nights for a couple of hours justvso she can't visit. She literally saps the happiness from us. Out and about she is the life and soul, but as soon as she is back to family she reverts back to herself. Complains, criticiizes, lies. Our whole family is affected. My mum could help but she enables her.
                          I actually pity her...it is so sad. She is the mum of the niece I speak about.
                          Spent today recording the hypno cds on to my i-phone. Took ages. Now I have everything to hand. Also bought a decent set of earphones for my walks. No excuses now!
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Congrats Overit on the 50 days!
                            And the pants buttonin' too!:welldone:
                            Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Over-it, Sweet Mother of bags, you have 50 days!! Congratulations! I am so proud of you! I think you've got this sober thing in the bag! Keep up the great work!
                              :hoopup:
                              Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Over,
                                Huge congrats on 50 days!
                                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X