No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overit, I was trying to figure out a way to say, "There's that bag we missed so much" but still groggy and that just doesn't sound right. Heehee. I'm glad to see you, here as always.

Surgery went well. Results in 3-5 business days and then will know what I'm really dealing with -- or not! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, everyone for your prayers and wishes. I don't know how to explain this, but I actually felt the support while lying there in the pre-op. It was like I was "covered." 'Very peaceful.

...and then I woke up, dreaming that my cat, Crazy Ivan, had rearranged all the furniture.
    "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

:hug::hug: Lilbit....your gratitude and attitude is helping you deal with all this in such an empowering way. You are an inspiration to all of us.

Laura

PS. Are you sure you were just dreaming about Crazy Ivan?
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hi, Everyone:

Lil - your surgery came and went without my even knowing. I will channel all of my positive thoughts toward a fast healing and good results. Strength and hugs to you.

Hanna - I can't speak from experience with the husband thing. I know you were afraid of that happening, and I am sorry it did. What I do have experience with is how much better I can deal with sad, stressful situations without alcohol in my life. Check Lil's post from last night - alcohol had the false promise of making things better, but only makes them worse. I really appreciate your positive plan for moving forward. My shoulder is here for you to cry on, too. So sorry.

Overit - What are you contemplating about your AF future? How to achieve it? How great it will be? Anything you want to work out with us?

Byrdie - I love a good pair of shoes! So much better than trying on clothes, IMHO.

My husband found a large lump and had the biopsy this week. He will get the results on Monday. I didn't think I was really worried, but I notice a lot more general anxiety, and thoughts of it kept coming up in my mind. I guess I am worried. I usually have a good emotional safety mechanism of not being able to contemplate the worst until I know what will happen - with so much else going on this week, I think I am at capacity. I will have a good meal and get some good sleep. Lots of exercise on the docket this weekend as I have not made the time this week.

I know a lot of you are going through shit right now - I hope that you all find peace of mind this weekend, and have some time to take good care of yourselves.

xo
        Pav

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Lil, don't trip over that furniture now that it's been rearranged for you! Glad your procedure went smoothly today :hug:

Matt, shit magnets? Yep, that describes my family unit to the T

LavB, sounds like everything is good in your world!

Mama, welcome back. I have one piece of advice to offer - forget controlling AL, just walk away from the bastard once & for all!

Pav, I sure hope your husband is OK.

It's 10 pm & I'm still trying to get my DIL & grandsons to go home, ha ha!!!
          Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hanna, Lilbit, Pavati- wow, you all have your hands full right now. I'm so sorry. A month or so ago we were going through a real cancer scare with my daughter that ended up ok- but going through it was pure hell. I'm sorry to know that in different ways the three of you are facing something scary. I hope things turn out well.

I am making it through my Friday night without drinking. I was feeling just a bit out of sorts, but a phone call just now from the same daughter I was just talking about, at a time of night I would typically be unable to answer the phone if I were drinking, helped reframe things for me. I'm grateful and happy - and not at all out of sorts after all.
            You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Pav & Lilbit, thinking of you both.
              I itch everywhere and its all in my head (I hope).
              Anyone ever had a whiff of Liquid Fence deer repellant spray?
              image.jpg
              Good Lord is it gross!
              Wishing everyone a peaceful MAE
              Last edited by jane27; May 16, 2015, 12:03 AM.
              AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Turnagain, thank heavens Crazy Ivan doesn't have opposable thumbs. He's quite capable of rearranging things as it is. And Lav, ever since we rescued Ivan, I'm much more vigilant about watching where I'm going around the house. His favorite trick = looking right at you while he's swiping your stuff onto the floor.

Pav, I hope I haven't added to your anxiety about your husband's results with all my ramblings. Wishing only the best for you both, and most of these things really do turn out to be nothing. Now, let's go distract ourselves with some shoe shopping, durnit!

Hanna and Overit, how are you guys doing? I see you're still posting. Please keep 'em coming. And to all...
                (click him)
                0865642473_431x500.png

BTW, thanks Turnagain for your kind words and for following my situation. And hugs to Kailey and Jane, too.

Comment

Quick checkin; I'm starting work at the shelter today so super excited and I'm sure I'll be all kinds of tired when I'm done! It feels so good to be going into my first day sober, though. Even if I'd gotten the job while I was drinking, I would have felt so horrible trying to help out while hung over and it definitely would have been dangerous with so many animals around. Dangerous for me and for them. I'm worried about doing a good job, nervous about my dog adjusting to me being away again, and hoping I make a good impression...but I'm also so grateful to have this chance and wanted to thank all of you since you helped me get here. <3

Good luck and have a great day, everyone!
                  I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
                  AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Good Saturday morning Nesters!

LavB, good luck today, stay positive

Lil, there's been a cat in the house here for the past year. He showed up with my spouse after his 4 year LOA - long story. I'm still trying to adjust to having both of them here :egad:

Jane, don't think I've ever had the pleasure of smelling deer repellant but thanks for asking, ha ha!!

Kailey, being alert & clear-headed not only for yourself but also for your family is a true blessing. I won't trade this freedom for anything!

Looks like I'm spending this hot & humid afternoon at the zoo with my daughter & granddaughter. Talk about special smells, LOL
                    Have a great AF day one & all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning, Nesters!
                      LilBit, thinking of you and wishing for a great outcome on your surgery.
                      LavB, I am so excited about your new job! Maybe you can get a picture for us as you put some of the doggies in One-sies! Whoever said 'The more I know people the more I love my dog' had a decent point!

Stay strong, everyone! AL is the big lie. I am in awe of the power of this addiction. I know one thing, as long as I dont drink, I am ok. I dont have one more lie in me regarding AL. I justified, rationalized, prophesied for AL until I got no more to give. As an Alkie, I can tell you this truth: One drink only leads to another. This is just too high a price. The life I have now is one of honesty and simplicity. I love it and no drink in the world is better than being sober feels. It gets tough sometimes and often I feel like an outcast. But then I remember than woman in my closet taking 7 gulps of vodka from a hidden bottle in the lining of her suitcase. SHE was the outcast....being slowly removed from her own life. NO drink is worth going back into that pit.
                      Wishing everyone strength and MindPeace today! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Lav, you must really love that man! Enjoy the zoo. I hope there's a gorilla.

Byrdie, how on Earth do you always come up with such great posts? It's amazing, and the latest one was no exception. I imagine all the people you're helping, especially the Newbs who post and the lurkers who might be timid about posting but lapping up every word. We all recognize great truths when we see them, and you have a gift for putting them front and center. :thumbsup:

LavB, that is just GREAT news about your new job. You're going to do really well, I just know it.

Jane, I am more than happy to say no, I have never smelled LF deer repellant spray but I have been around some hockey players who were a close second.

'Feeling great today https://www.mywayout.org/community/sh...=1#post1613021 and wishing you all a lovely Saturday.
                        Last edited by LilBit; May 16, 2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

LavB, Wishing you the best on your 1st day at the shelter!
                          AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

image.jpg. Lost my original post. Here's my newest additions. Have a good day everyine
                            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Spending my Saturday outdoors in my garden. Lots of emotions today. Mostly pride that I'm not drinking, interspersed with moments of panic but I won't be able to make it. No worries, though, I will make it. Even in these early days when sometimes the tug to drink is tremendous, it's over in a matter of minutes and then I go on enjoying my day. One thing I know for sure, when I wake up in the morning I'll remember what I did in the yard instead of being surprised once I'm up and look out the window!
                              You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Hey all; I just got back home a bit ago and want to thank you so much for the good wishes! Am super tired, but it was a good day and I think it'll only get better from the Day 1, "Uhhhh, what do I do?" feeling!

Also, that jerk AL did decide to poke at me. I was absolutely fine until I got home, I was waiting to use the microwave and mom was asking me how my day went. For no reason (probably, actually, because tired and hungry) I had this massive craving. I couldn't even hear anything mom was saying, my brain was absolutely convinced I needed a drink rightthissecond or to punch something. Happily, I did neither. I told mom I was too tired to talk and focused on getting some food in me. After some food and a bit of tea, I've balanced back out to just tired after a long day instead of homicidal rage/drink craving. I'm glad I didn't listen to the craving and I'm glad I've got you guys to be accountable to!
                                I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
                                AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Working...
                                X